Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone!

I'm all new to forums and such, but I happened to tumble in here and liked the general attitude. I'm in my (early) thirties, work in shifts at the moment enjoying odd days off. Lately I have mostly focused in weightlifting, when it comes to sports and training - that's since two years or so. Also I like jogging with my dog (although not so much during winter), sort of acrobatics, yoga and occational other activities. Cycling and swimming as well, weather permitting. Currently we have our own mini-gym in the garage, so that's convenient. Even better, when we finally manage to get the heavy bag hung... 

Other things I do: pottery and sewing, all sorts of handicrafts, house improvements and garden work, reading. Wood, textiles. Meditation, on and off - one of the things I'll include in my challenges. Being on time and going to bed before too late are constant battles. Having so many things going on also creates challenges on itself: how to manage life, not get distracted, spend time in a rewarding way. Cutting down my screen time is one thing, yet I am here. 

Anyway, there seems to be few weeks still before the next 4 week challenge, so I guess I'll have time to find out how these things work... 

• Like 2

Oh well yes - days only, it seems. Thanks for the heads up! Somehow I got distracted by the dates, current being in the (near) future. Gotta get me one, then... 

I watched the video walkthrough from the FAQ/start guide topic, that was helpful! Maybe check that too, Bean Sidhe? Also I went through a whole lot of mostly archived posts about character leveling and stats and all, but apparently that is not so much anymore, and anyway optional. Which I think is better for me, I could easily get sucked into spending way too much time away from MY leveling up ;) 

So it would boill down to focusing my goals now (but there is so many)! I just previousy set my deadlift goal to be hit before June, so towards that will be one. Zazen probably other, and something about long walks with our dog. Maybe trying one new dish a week? I'm experimenting with vegan cooking so there's a new territory, there. 

This is so great! I made these different pomodoro-inspired alarm clock settings with this app, to control my (mis)use of time better, but that only works in segments of 20 minutes or so. Already loving the rebellion!

8aa4d44bdee2f364039f30bedd19c6aa.jpg

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, KitsuNeko said:

Oh well yes - days only, it seems. Thanks for the heads up! Somehow I got distracted by the dates, current being in the (near) future. Gotta get me one, then... 

I watched the video walkthrough from the FAQ/start guide topic, that was helpful! Maybe check that too, Bean Sidhe? Also I went through a whole lot of mostly archived posts about character leveling and stats and all, but apparently that is not so much anymore, and anyway optional. Which I think is better for me, I could easily get sucked into spending way too much time away from MY leveling up ;) 

This is so great! I made these different pomodoro-inspired alarm clock settings with this app, to control my (mis)use of time better, but that only works in segments of 20 minutes or so. Already loving the rebellion!

I started to sit down and watch that earlier. Sadly, I was in a crummy mood and didn't have the brain power to watch it and figure it all out. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. Although I know what you mean about getting sucked in. I would probably get sucked in too, and then my schoolwork would suffer.

Oh my cell phones alarms are my friend. I have so many of them, plus my goal tracker app that reminds me to do stuff, My husband complains about my noisy phone. But I set each alarm to a different portal or firefly noise so I can tell without looking which one it is. It is amazing how much having a reminder to go off can help you get stuff done. I also have the kids trained to respond to different sounds too, so both know when a certain noise goes off, it means they better be ready for school or to go pick up someone else.  Speaking off, Glados just reminded me I need to go check the seedlings for the garden and do my early afternoon chores.

I am looking forward to the challenge.

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis