Forums are back in action! ×

I've never actually played a videogame...

Hello, all.  I just joined the Rebellion after listening to Level Up Your Life on Audible at 1.5x speed this week.  I actually listened to it twice.  I missed most of the video game and some of the movie references, but man, did the literary references ever resonate! I love the idea of creating my own story and being the hero of it.  I think I've spent most of my life expecting someone else to plan the story arc for me and being resentful that no one who loves me has done this critical work for me.  I never realized that, though, until I listened to the book. Though I don't have tech-nerd credentials, I am amongst the nerdiest people I know, married to a nerd, and raising 5 little nerds.  So, even though I probably don't fit the paradigm of Rebel, I'm in. 

I've got a lot of work to do on myself.  I'm 42 and am facing some big health challenges due to being morbidly obese my whole life.  Though I would love to lose weight, my primary goal is to live a ketogenic lifestyle and lower my blood sugar and blood pressure.  I have, historically, hated to exercise mainly because I hate sweating.  But I've spent the last two years after my fifth baby being a hormonally freaky sweat-factory, so I've sort of gotten used to being damp all.the.time.  I'm ready to put that aside and move into being strong. I'm positively certain that I am a Druid through and through, so I'm going to be starting an exercise system called T-Tapp tomorrow morning. 

I guess that's it.

Thanks for letting me be here.  

• Like 2

I'm a former pastor turned stay-at-home/ homeschooling mom of 5 kids age 12-2. I love books, theology, pottery, art and music. I yearn for Beauty and Grace. I also have kind of sucked at both. For almost 42 years, I've been chronically lazy, messy, undisciplined, self-indulgent, and I've beaten myself up about it. But 2017 is the Year Everything Changes. I *am* becoming and *will* be The Grace Giver, bringer of Beauty and Peace. Thanks already for being part of my story. 

Welcome! I'm not really into video games either,  but I ended up on NF because of the idea of creating a story and being a hero really resonated with me too.

I hear you on being a hormonal sweat factory, happened to me too.

Oh, reading your signature I see you are a homeschooling mom. I homeschooled my now adult son. @elizevdmerwe is a homeschool mom too.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Oh, reading your signature I see you are a homeschooling mom. I homeschooled my now adult son.

Hi and welcome to the best thing you could have ever chosen to do for yourself! Yip I'm also a homeschooling mom. I have two boys aged 8 and 10 yrs respectively. We have another thing in common - I'm also 42 yrs and am also hormonal, although mine is due to being pre-menopausal :D

I do like computer games, but don't often indulge. Like Elastigirl I do however like the gamification part of managing my challenge, as it makes it so much easier to organise and focus. With help from fellow Nerds I managed to get back on my feet last year, mentally and physically. I hope and pray things will work out for you as well.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Thank you, all.  I appreciate your lovely welcome.  It's a gift to be so warmly greeted. 

• Like 1

I'm a former pastor turned stay-at-home/ homeschooling mom of 5 kids age 12-2. I love books, theology, pottery, art and music. I yearn for Beauty and Grace. I also have kind of sucked at both. For almost 42 years, I've been chronically lazy, messy, undisciplined, self-indulgent, and I've beaten myself up about it. But 2017 is the Year Everything Changes. I *am* becoming and *will* be The Grace Giver, bringer of Beauty and Peace. Thanks already for being part of my story.