Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm so excited.

Hey everyone! 

I'm a 41-year-old who's slowly slid into a rut of complacency and apathy over the past several years.  My job has forced me to stay active, but I need to lose 40 pounds.  More than that, I need to refocus on what I care about most. 

It seems like you all are a group of supportive, fun-loving, comical nerds, and I can't wait to get started on this new adventure.  It's an honor to join the rebellion.

Ice Cat

th.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome to the Rebellion!  I have found the site tremendously helpful -- at the very least in keeping myself accountable.  Battle logs are good, but the four-week challenges are a really great place to work on shorter term goals.

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

On 29/04/2017 at 0:19 AM, Ice Cat said:

Hey everyone! 

I'm a 41-year-old who's slowly slid into a rut of complacency and apathy over the past several years.  My job has forced me to stay active, but I need to lose 40 pounds.  More than that, I need to refocus on what I care about most. 

It seems like you all are a group of supportive, fun-loving, comical nerds, and I can't wait to get started on this new adventure.  It's an honor to join the rebellion.

Ice Cat

th.jpg

What the heck is going on in that pic???  Is she...  Is she farting golden flames???  Kids these days!  **shakes head** :P 

Welcome on board, nice to meet you.  I'll echo @Mr.Six's sentiments, this site has been incredibly useful to me.  It has been a source of inspiration, motivation, support and friendship (and probably more).  My weight loss journey has seen me go from my highest "official" weight (it was higher but I wouldn't weigh myself so I don't know how much by) of 92kg to my current 64.3kg and I couldn't have done it without NF.  

I've been able to completely change my relationship with food and my body.  When I was going it alone I went down the "lose weight by eating fuck all then put it all back on again as soon as you stop starving yourself" route.  Now my focus is far more about my health and making sure I eat (my idea of) healthily, there's no crash diets or hang ups. 

I sinceraly hope you get as much out of being here as I have. :) 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously