Forums are back in action! ×

Things you wish women would stop doing to themselves

I'm just not much of a present person, but my hubby is! DO something with me or for me, I'm all yours.

He loves to get things though. it doesn't matter if it's a sweet note in his pocket, an elaborate gift or if I pick up his favorite treat at the store while I'm out...he just likes to get stuff. It turns him into a little boy again. So cute.

You're talking about love languages.

It's one theory on relationships: how do you show love to another person?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Chapman_(author)

My wife is a gift and words person, where I'm more of a quality time type. There's a test or two out there to see what type you are. Is it super accurate? Who knows but it doesn't hurt to know which 'good' buttons to press. ;D

Don't tell the wife but I got her two sets of real pearls from Bahrain. She'll be putty in my hands.

Got Dropbox? No? Get it.

Also get me more space please. :3

Have an apparently entire conversation with you with only a gesture or a sigh or a moveement of the eyes.... Actually, this goes for everybody. I'm not telepathic, i don't understand what your body movements and mind are trying to telling me, and i don't remember the backstory to why the body movement means what it means.

Please use words, written if necessary.

+1 to the peoples that smile, too much grumpiness in the world.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

*pant pant* wow, I just read throw the entire thread Ahem ok, I wish to put my 2 cents...

In terms of what makes a woman more appealing, as young as I am, I find dresses to display a vast amount of Class, even when it's on a Bikini. I dislike Make-up, all that chemicals on your face, when all I want is to just see your face as is. Confidence is a plus, if she's not confident in herself, regardless of whether she's being goofy or what not, that's a definite plus on my list. Granted, each guy has their preferences, but I think we can agree that being comfortable in what you're doing is what's most appealing to us guys.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm really surprised that more guys here are pro-boy shorts and not so into the thong. Squats, lunges, and deadlifts do make for an amazing heinder.

Women really do dress for each other.

I don't understand cosmetic surgery anymore. Everyone ends up looking the same. Who was it that married Spenser and had like $100,000 in plastic surgery at once? Heidi, Heather? Starts with an H. She was in her early 20s, and by the end, looked like what a 40 year old does to try to look 20. So by trying to be culturally beautiful, she aged herself by 20 years.

I hate when people walk around in their pajamas, like at Wal-Mart. friggin' pajama parade there.

I don't go for the "Jersey Shore" look either. It's like what others have said: bad tans, too much make-up. Though the incredibly short skirts are there!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Plastic surgery was made for people who'd had accidents or improve health. Things like that. Elective surgery can just get to be too much, and it annoys me that there's so many leaps in plastic surgery, lasers, vibrations, skin care - just watch any episode of The Drs or Dr. Oz - when other diseases really need the funding.

I think it sticks in my craw because my mother is obsessed with plastic surgery. ROAR.

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Guest Gemeaux

While fake tan applied badly looks horrible , I see too many women on the beach staying in the sun for far too long . Skin cancer ain't hot .

Edit : Though I live in Australia and I am a beach person , I am pale .

In answer to the original prompt (mostly repeats):

Breast augmentation. Fake boobs look gross. I love real boobs. All sizes. Way more than butts. They're what I look at right after I see your face (but not before).

Thongs. Stop that, they're gross.

Lipstick. I don't want you kissing me with that stuff on.

Asking for advice and not taking it. My girlfriend and I have an understanding that each of us is going to do what we want, regardless of advice: we just want validation.

Okay, carry on talking about things you like =)

(For me: boobs, big eyes, long hair, sundresses, smiles, laughter...)

A photobucket pro account?

what? weird. It worked on my home computer :( pro account= dirty look

I'm from the northeast. Where I currently live it's commonplace to smile at strangers. And I dislike it. I can't get past (albeit, I make no effort to get past) the urge to say, "wth are you looking at?"

I'll attempt a reattachment of said gif. Work! Work!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2436[/ATTACH]

And seriously, who doesn't love a dress? Come summer you'll catch me in little else. It takes approximately 2 minutes to get dressed when you choose to wear an outfit that is already complete. No, "hmm, this shirt doesn't really work with these pants today." nonense. love it. Dress+sandals=glory.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Well done, Suo! :D

I smile at lots of random people... I think it feels unnatural to meet someones eyes and just look at them blankly. Plus I feel like I look mean when I'm not smiling (I don't not smile much). Also, I grew up in a really small place, so I knew EVERYONE... so basically you greeted everyone with a smile, wave, or quick "hey." Old habits die hard.

EDIT: I still catch myself waving at people in passing vehicles when I'm driving on a two lane road.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Well done, Suo! :D

I smile at lots of random people... I think it feels unnatural to meet someones eyes and just look at them blankly. Plus I feel like I look mean when I'm not smiling (I don't not smile much). Also, I grew up in a really small place, so I knew EVERYONE... so basically you greeted everyone with a smile, wave, or quick "hey." Old habits die hard.

EDIT: I still catch myself waving at people in passing vehicles when I'm driving on a two lane road.

Small Town Syndrome: you smile at everyone you see, thank others for opening doors for you (or you open doors for others and get thanked), and you wave at everyone on a two lane road.

You'd fit right in in the South, Lulu!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

You have it uploaded as a Jpg...

I did a quick 'google search by image' and got this gif. I uploaded it to imagur (where I throw any photos I want to use for a forum) and here you go:

jHacC.gif

There you go. Thanks!

That's weird, as it's saved on my computer as a gif. NF's photo share options pwn me every time. I do not know why.

I also feel like we've spent an inordinate amount of time on this gif hahaha

@ AKlulu, another thing most of my hometown folk don't do: look at strangers in general. We do not acknowledge the existence of folks we don't know. Of course, this is a generalization but you'll find lots of transplant people notice this and do not care for it. Old habits do die hard.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Small Town Syndrome: you smile at everyone you see, thank others for opening doors for you (or you open doors for others and get thanked), and you wave at everyone on a two lane road.

You'd fit right in in the South, Lulu!

Well, I went to Tennessee once for three days and picked up the accent real fast ;) I've always thought it would be fun to go back down that way and stay a bit longer.... ;)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Ok I have to ask , do men really pay attention to nice underwear ?

Sure. Especially if there's a sexy dance or walk involved. It's not a deal breaker, more like a pleasant surprise. Like, when girl takes off her clothes and there's your normal everyday undies on, I never say, "Well, that is just not acceptable". But if it's pretty and matching and hot, then it's like I just got a fun prize.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Cosmetic surgery is a huge one that I really do not like.

I understand fixing some deformations or scarring.. but why the hell get a boob job? I like boob's at all sizes.. I don't like plastic ones. Doing it for yourself really doesn't seem worth it.

Why? I have a problem with this whole culture of 'you have to be perfect or you'll be eternally unhappy' and with doing plastic surgery merely to follow the crowd. But doing something like that for yourself is the only worthy reason, tbh.

Why? I have a problem with this whole culture of 'you have to be perfect or you'll be eternally unhappy' and with doing plastic surgery merely to follow the crowd. But doing something like that for yourself is the only worthy reason, tbh.
Exactly. Silentplanet seems to think it's only ok to do it for someone else.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.