Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Obviously you've heard about my legendary gin drinking abilities! :D

Oh goodness, that's the one liquor I've never enjoyed. Ever.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

My brother and I spent most of the Mardi Gras weekend perrving at the extremely well fit men, but a constant disappointment was the under developed legs. Huge barrel chests and shoulders Atlas would approve of, but. Men, c'mon, you gotta squat!

This is why I don't mind carrying roughly 102% of my weight in my thighs and butt haha

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Obviously you've heard about my legendary gin drinking abilities! :D

Given that you've apparently been rebuilt from spare parts and gears, I'd imagine a robot could drink a lot. :-)

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

You're just not trying hard enough... ;)

If I have to try to like something unhealthy, I just don't bother haha

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

I have more than a handful of stories of being Leonard....

I look back now and just *facepalm*... HARD, because it was so obvious...

Hahaha. Same here, man. You're definitely not alone with that.

For me it's the opposite, I feel too often that the girl is flirting with me...or maybe it's just my mind hoping she's flirting :D

Both is not great, when you don't know if she's flirting or if you're not sure if she's flirting.  :love_heart:

I think it's the default male setting. Hence, all the "Dude, she smiled at me. She totally wants me." and Facebook pages like She Wants The D. From an evolutionary perspective, it would make sense to attempt to procreate at every possible opportunity (i.e. bone as many females as possible) as it would increase the likelihood of the survival of one's progeny. It's a numbers game, and always interpreting what may or may not be actual flirting as a green light provides one with much more chances with copulation as opposed to those of us who are too worried about social courtesy, and shame, and fear of being presumptuous, and possible sexual harassment charges to even try. One misses 100 percent of the shots one does not take. I believe this could be one of the problems with homophobes, as it kind of transfers to the other gender. Dudes automatically assume that the gay guy totally wants to blow them (to which the gay guy probably responds with "Sweetie, don't flatter yourself.").

I don't think anyone truly KNOWS when it is actually flirting; some people are just more attuned to others that they can see more variables and make more accurate inferences. I personally have a hard time noticing and interpreting nonverbal cues, so I miss most of the indicators of flirting, even when they seem blatantly obvious in retrospect. (e.g. "This place is a waste of time. Let's go back to your room, and I'll help you pack." or "Come to my condo alone at 2:30 AM. I'm lonely.") I also think self-image plays a lot into it. If you truly don't believe that any person would want you, you wouldn't believe it when someone does happen to like you, and you probably wouldn't pay any attention to that person, or think it's some kind of trick. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. As cliché as it may sound, you do have to love yourself first.

Oh goodness, that's the one liquor I've never enjoyed. Ever.

I'm guessing the college guys liked their Martinis made with Vodka then. Haha

I also think self-image plays a lot into it. If you truly don't believe that any person would want you, you wouldn't believe it when someone does happen to like you, and you probably wouldn't pay any attention to that person, or think it's some kind of trick. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. As cliché as it may sound, you do have to love yourself first.

You are so right... That used to be me (and still is to a degree but not as bad), it's mostly thinking "oh they're just being nice and don't mean anything by it" because you can't imagine anyone would be interested, or thinking they just feel bad for you.

Might be with letting you guys in on a secret here...... Women are just the same. As one girlfriend said to me recently "The main thing I find attractive in a guy is that he's ACTUALLY interested I'm ME". I'll also point out that most of the women in the room nodded sagely at this.

And that's not because of poor self image/ self confidence or anything like that, simply that it genuinely feels nice to have someone show an interest. It also makes you stop and question "do I find this person attractive? Would I be interested in them?" As opposed to just another mundane social interaction, quickly forgotten.

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Nooooooooo! Different kettle of fish altogether here. I didn't mean that it's what makes a woman *like* a guy, but that it makes a woman *notice* a guy. Just that initial "Was he just flirting with me?" moment.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I can't even BEGIN to tell you how hard I want to hit my head off a wall anytime I hear that "It's only because he loves me" bullshit.

One of my best friends fell into this trap in her last relationship. We were out for coffee and she said: I've got to get going, Kenny will be home from work soon and he doesn't have a hose key with him.

Me: What? Why haven't you given him a key?

Her: I did, but he won't take it with him.

Me: Meh... Make him wait. After an hour waiting in the rain he'll never forget his keys again.

Her: it's ok, I like to be there when he comes home anyway.

Me: That's not the point though, is it? That would be fine if it was your choice, but this is about control... If you give in to this kind of behaviour you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of being a doormat to this guy.

I'll let you guess how that one worked out...

Ugh! Women, sometimes I just don't get it :(

• Like 1

Might be with letting you guys in on a secret here...... Women are just the same. As one girlfriend said to me recently "The main thing I find attractive in a guy is that he's ACTUALLY interested I'm ME". I'll also point out that most of the women in the room nodded sagely at this.

And that's not because of poor self image/ self confidence or anything like that, simply that it genuinely feels nice to have someone show an interest. It also makes you stop and question "do I find this person attractive? Would I be interested in them?" As opposed to just another mundane social interaction, quickly forgotten.

Thanks guzzi, good to know a secret about women :)

I don't know how I can explain that, but if I met a women that is nice and cheerful I'm automatically thinking about how life could be and I imagine a possible future with that women, I got a girlfriend but I can't turn that off somehow! Does anybody have similar future prospects?

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

Ah, of course. The theory of Reciprocal Liking. Contributes significantly as to why stalkers exist. Haha

I don't know how I can explain that, but if I met a women that is nice and cheerful I'm automatically thinking about how life could be and I imagine a possible future with that women, I got a girlfriend but I can't turn that off somehow! Does anybody have similar future prospects?

Nothing to be ashamed of unless you're acting upon those thoughts. Men are always trying to spread their genes; it''s survival. Or you're just evaluating your options. My friend once confessed to me that whenever he sees a girl he likes the first thing that comes to his mind is how their kids would look like. I told him that it's just him being an organism trying to further the species, but he should NEVER tell said girl about this, because it's considered "creepy".

Pheew, then that's a normal behavior, I feel relieved  :lemo:

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

Now, men, you must use this power only for good.

With great power comes great responsibility, and all that...

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I'm guessing the college guys liked their Martinis made with Vodka then. Haha

Vodka is obviously the superior liquor, though I rarely drink it in martini form. I'm more of an "on the rocks" type of guy. That's the best way to drink high quality liquor, in my opinion.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.