Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Very funny, I love Chris Rock.

But this makes it seem like no woman has ever been turned down or rejected. I know I have! A woman has things to work through and as well, maybe getting some isn't hard but finding someone who will still be around and interested afterward can be challenging. I will admit a woman has a lot of control in this situation which is why I think men are so bad about calling and things, to get back some power. 

I have been reading about non-verbal communication and body language since I was in 8th grade. I love watching people for tell-tale signs, love flirting and generally interacting with others. All that knowledge comes in handy and is fun to learn and observe in social situations. Flirting is a learned skill that anyone can learn to do. 

Very funny, I love Chris Rock.

But this makes it seem like no woman has ever been turned down or rejected. I know I have! A woman has things to work through and as well, maybe getting some isn't hard but finding someone who will still be around and interested afterward can be challenging. I will admit a woman has a lot of control in this situation which is why I think men are so bad about calling and things, to get back some power. 

I have been reading about non-verbal communication and body language since I was in 8th grade. I love watching people for tell-tale signs, love flirting and generally interacting with others. All that knowledge comes in handy and is fun to learn and observe in social situations. Flirting is a learned skill that anyone can learn to do. 

Oh, indeed. Then again that's why it seems to be much worse for a woman to be labeled "desperate" than it is for a man. It's like a man's equivalent of "creepy"; the ultimate put-down insult. Sex, yes, it probably comes easier, just because men are gross, and a mildly physically-attractive woman's ad on Craigslist or OkCupid and PlentyOfFish will be swarmed. But that being said, it's probably a lot more painful for a woman to be rejected. And with men being visual creatures, it seems to be a tricky situation for women. If you're pretty guys want to fuck you, but that's all they want. If you're interesting, they put you on the 'friend zone'. It goes deeper, and I believe further discussion would derail the thread, but I think this visual would help a bit.

405702_10150490082406965_592846203_n.jpg

With flirting though, apparently not with me. I've been studying and practicing extensively for the past 10 years, and the only thing I've learned to be able to do is watch human interaction in the way a zoologist watches apes. I can maybe take note, analyze, contemplate, and discuss the sociological implications, but I'm clueless as a social animal. I teach this shit, I never said I could do it. I have to Wikipedia movies as I watch them just to understand the context and why the characters are supposed to be acting a certain way (which I guess is usually blatantly obvious to other people). But like I previously mentioned, I can flirt with toddlers. Maybe that's my current slowly-improving flirting level, because I wasn't always able to do so. (Feats: Flirt +1) I don't want to make excuses, but I'm a diagnosed Autistic, and was never really expected to be able to do most of the stuff that I am doing right now anyway. To a normal person, I may appear to be an awkward foreigner/ socially-handicapped, but to the people I used to go to school with years ago, I'm pretty much the coolest mofo who ever existed - a superhero. I'm both Bebop AND Rocksteady. I'm Jude Law.

• Like 2

Machete - are you being serious about the autism? You've referenced it before but I assumed it was more self depreciating humour...

I love reading your posts, and I think you're adorable! Witty, insightful, like I said... interesting mind and all that. And I laughed out loud (I kid you not) when you said "that's what gets me repeat business". Repeat business! Bahahaha! :D I'm so sorry if you didn't mean for that to be funny, but I thought it was hilarious! And adorable ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Machete - you flirt all the time here. You are very funny and out going especially on this thread!

My twin sons' are autistic, one highly functional and the other severe. My one son cannot talk at age 10, but he learned to flirt! He is pretty amazing to watch, the sideways glance and subtle smile, a light touch, a soft laugh…. bam! he's got you hooked. He's beloved by every teacher, aide, every assistant. He's the Don Juan of the autism world and needs no words and is fearless. 

Machete, I agree with Guzzi, you are adorable!

^^^^^ See! Told ya so :P

I have no idea how to flirt, at least not properly. I can do the All Out, Balls to the Wall outrageous flirting. You know, with a nudge nudge wink wink, at the end. But subtlety.... err, no. Liberator - I envy your son

I can completely identify with what Machete said earlier about social interaction. I was a complete introvert and socially maladjusted for most of my life so I never really understood the subtext of conversations/ social rules either. It's something I've had to work hard at overcoming. I hope I've managed that...

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

It was explained to me in college by a guy friend, that the reason why I was never asked out was because I was the kind of girl men marry, not the kind of girl men date….. I didn't get out much.

There's a female version of that? Interesting....

I've heard almost those same words, just replace girl with man, and men with girls...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Sorry, my bad! Just realised that sounds like I'm saying I can't believe you'd be considered "marriage" material. Oops!

DID NOT MEAN THAT!!!! I promise ;)

It's just that I find the whole concept a bit odd in the first place. I would get it if it was the other way around... The kind of girl/guy that you date but not marry, but the other way.... I'm stumped.

Ps. Insanity - very dateable, and I believe you're engaged, right? So obviously marriage material too ;)

Sorry, my bad! Just realised that sounds like I'm saying I can't believe you'd be considered "marriage" material. Oops!

DID NOT MEAN THAT!!!! I promise ;)

Wasn't how I took it... I took it as more the opposite actually.

Like "Reallly??? you've had people say that?"

So we're good. :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

It's just that I find the whole concept a bit odd in the first place. I would get it if it was the other way around... The kind of girl/guy that you date but not marry, but the other way.... I'm stumped.

Ps. Insanity - very dateable, and I believe you're engaged, right? So obviously marriage material too ;)

Yeah... but she could just be mistaken... :playful:

My first challenge

405702_10150490082406965_592846203_n.jpg

I love this chart. See the side that says "Mental Attractiveness," straight up and right in the middle? Right there on the E in Friend?

That's my house! I'm the mayor here.

My brother insists that I'm good at flirting, but if that's the case then when it comes to closing I must suck on a scale that can only be described in terms previously reserved for astronomical phenomena. ^_^

• Like 2

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Awww.... Spark! You get another Feel Better hug for that. ((((((........))))))

You have to get the whole Self Love thing improved a bit methinks. Stick around and show us these flirting skills... And bring those buttermilk cookies! :D

It was explained to me in college by a guy friend, that the reason why I was never asked out was because I was the kind of girl men marry, not the kind of girl men date….. I didn't get out much.

Ah yes...this. I got this a lot during college, only with the guy/girl thing flip-flopped

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

I used to get "Oh, you're so cute" giggle giggle (walks away) when I flirted...

I think I would have much rather been shot down/slapped then discounted.

HAHAHAHA.... yeah, getting shot down would have been better....

• Like 1

My first challenge