Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Nah, when I'm in any store, book or otherwise, I'm on a mission: Locate item, buy, and get out.

No, I'm too busy with my inner demons trying to make me BUY ALL THE BOOKS!

Asked because of this post:

1234608_430112560457919_922277081_n.jpg

Random thought here for the European / Aussie folks

American accent? Yay or nay?

Being from New Jersey, I can't imagine that having this voice come out of a good looking dude could possibly be an upgrade

Can't be worse than my Filipino accent for getting laid. (e.g. 0:30)

Does that work the other way around too? Do guys think Scottish lassies sound "sexy"?

Definitely. Developed a massive crush on Jojo Calderwood, a nice, cute, soft spoken lass who happens to be a murder machine in the cage. Also, sweet pants.

Nope. But I have found, through my very un-scientific personal observations and experience, that men who like cats better than dogs tend to be... well, douches. I'll say it. Dudes who are dog people? On the whole, more trust-worthy and confident individuals.

Again, super un-scientific and completely limited to my short amount of experience in life.

Because cats act like floozies, and douches know exactly how to treat a floozy in order to get what they want from her. Dogs however, tend to hit a soft spot with females.

• Like 1

I prefer men who prefer cats. I know I'm in the minority, but it speaks to a certain sensitivity and gentleness and mild mannerism that I quite like on occasion. Watching my dad secretly pet the cat when he thinks no one is watching is the cutest thing ever.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Does that work the other way around too? Do guys think Scottish lassies sound "sexy"?

Socttish and Aussie accents... are by far the best sounding ones I've ever heard. Followed closely by a proper southern accent.

Woohoo! Score!

I swear like a trooper though.... Probably lessens the effect ;)

That's normal conversation...

A guy who offers me a little something more than "it'll be ok" and a sweet hug when i'm upset. NOT SAYING THOSE AREN'T GREAT! Just....a solution suggestion would be awesome. Have to be ok with me playing with their hair. And be really big into cuddling, a.k.a spooning. mmm spooning. But above all else, the guy has to be my best friend.

A girl that actually wants a solution to a problem when she's upset????

Hey guys... I think I found something more rare than a unicorn being ridden by Bigfoot while he's searching the shores for the Lochness monster.

Nope. But I have found, through my very un-scientific personal observations and experience, that men who like cats better than dogs tend to be... well, douches. I'll say it. Dudes who are dog people? On the whole, more trust-worthy and confident individuals.

Again, super un-scientific and completely limited to my short amount of experience in life.

Now that you mention it... that does seem to my experience as well. Minus the guys that have cats because they wanted a dog, the wife wanted a cat and so they compromised and got a cat.

The only thing I dislike about cats, is all you really gain is another mouth to feed.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Definitely. Developed a massive crush on Jojo Calderwood, a nice, cute, soft spoken lass who happens to be a murder machine in the cage. Also, sweet pants.

Those leggings at :27 are freaky...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I think you all have just had really bad luck with cats. I've never owned an asshole cat.

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I think you all have just had really bad luck with cats. I've never owned an asshole cat.

They're not mean... they just don't interact with you unless they're out of food, for the most part anyway... my parents cat was cool, it would come up and lay in my lap, but it's one of the rare ones..

My first challenge

See, that doesn't sound rare to me. I've always had cats that crave attention. Either I've just had really good luck throughout my entire 28 years with multitudes of cats, or you all have terrible luck.

Spoiler

Sometimes when a guy says "it'll be ok" it's because he has a solution in mind.

I've always struggled with clinical depression. Really the only person I feel comfortable talking about it to is my boyfriend. He tries his best to be supportive, but he doesn't really understand what's going on in my head. He's incredible. Without his support, I would be in a way worse place than I am now. So he doesn't have a solution, but that "it'll be ok" makes me feel like I'm not alone. Which is what I needed.

Liveforwonder's Quest Log

1 2

Walking to Mordor - Hobbiton to Rivendell: 97.1 miles out of 458

A girl that actually wants a solution to a problem when she's upset????

Hey guys... I think I found something more rare than a unicorn being ridden by Bigfoot while he's searching the shores for the Lochness monster

I'm taking that as a compliment :)

It is.... you have no idea how many times I've tried to offer a solution, only to get it stepped on. In my experience, women don't want a solution... they just want to talk, and "It'll be ok" is a guys attempt at ending that talk, because we want no part of "just talking"... we fix things...

My first challenge

It is.... you have no idea how many times I've tried to offer a solution, only to get it stepped on. In my experience, women don't want a solution... they just want to talk, and "It'll be ok" is a guys attempt at ending that talk, because we want no part of "just talking"... we fix things...

I gotta say, my boyfriend has suffered through many talks about my feelings. So cliche....ugh. I try to avoid those but sometimes it just kind of comes out in emotional word vomit. If something is bothering me though, I want it to stop. So I try to isolate the problem, and figure out how to make it stop. That's my solution. The boyfriend is an incredible trooper for putting up with my feelings rants though. He's fantastic at knowing just the right thing to say.

• Like 1

1 2

Barfly - I'll thank you for the compliment, even though it's utterly invalid. You have no idea what my voice or accent sounds like :P

I was going to add "I might talk with a Glasgow accent" but......

^^^^SHE. IS. AWESOME!!! I think even I have a crush on her now...

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I gotta say, my boyfriend has suffered through many talks about my feelings. So cliche....ugh. I try to avoid those but sometimes it just kind of comes out in emotional word vomit. If something is bothering me though, I want it to stop. So I try to isolate the problem, and figure out how to make it stop. That's my solution. The boyfriend is an incredible trooper for putting up with my feelings rants though. He's fantastic at knowing just the right thing to say.

That seems to be how women come to a solution, they talk until something comes together... my fiance does the same. She can talk for 30 minutes about something, then an "A ha" moment shows up, and all is good in the world... but if I offer a solution 5 minutes in...

Let's just say I nod a lot, and tune in JUST ENOUGH... to be able to repeat a couple things back to her.

My first challenge

That seems to be how women come to a solution, they talk until something comes together... my fiance does the same. She can talk for 30 minutes about something, then an "A ha" moment shows up, and all is good in the world... but if I offer a solution 5 minutes in...

Let's just say I nod a lot, and tune in JUST ENOUGH... to be able to repeat a couple things back to her.

If someone can help me get a solution before the emotional word vomit, I'm all for it. I hate doing that but still I do it >_>

1 2

Just read that whole page... some I know, some I didn't... and damn I had a hell of a time pronouncing em... I'll leave that accent to ya'll and stick my aight's and yonders....

My first challenge

They're not mean... they just don't interact with you unless they're out of food, for the most part anyway... my parents cat was cool, it would come up and lay in my lap, but it's one of the rare ones..

See, you can have a dog, but you never own a cat. Cats have a human.

I've always struggled with clinical depression. Really the only person I feel comfortable talking about it to is my boyfriend. He tries his best to be supportive, but he doesn't really understand what's going on in my head. He's incredible. Without his support, I would be in a way worse place than I am now. So he doesn't have a solution, but that "it'll be ok" makes me feel like I'm not alone. Which is what I needed.

Same here. I feel like they're treating me like a stupid if they offer me solutions as if I am incapable of thinking of those myself. On the other hand, it just feels patronizing when they offer comfort phrases like "it'll be okay" or "I'm sure thing will turn out fine". I used to find comfort in meeting with and talking to (for a limited time) one of three beautiful ladies once a week who would listen to me and pretend like they cared - Brooke and Jessica, exotic dancers from the local club, and my therapist.

P.S. I just realized that I may just be a girl in a man's body. But I'm a lesbian. Not the butch kind though.

• Like 3