Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

I kinda like the skinny or slim fit suits

Aggressive waist suppression, narrow lapel, narrow tie, like the below Ralph Lauren Black Label?

rl.jpg

Also, most off the rack suits don't have any tapering at the waist and should.  This is something that a man is supposed to take to a tailor and have altered for his form.  The tapering if done right can give the "broad shoulder/chest, narrow hip" classic male look to a man who doesn't possess that.

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

That's a pretty loaded question, is it not? After all, if he knows how to wear a suit, then he probably looks good in it. :D

I liked this picture from that article...

Posted Image

But then I'm not really into formal dress, so I probably like it because it's a bit more relaxed. :P

I think good dress sense is probably quite an attractive feature, regardless of what style of dress it is. But then again, wasn't there also a fair amount of discussion about "work clothes" a while back too...? ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I do the vest/rolled up sleeve bit whenever I need to look respectable but still relaxed.

Vest/shirt = casual

Suit = business

Tuxedo with black tie = semi formal

Tuxedo with white tie = formal

level 4 Gnoll warrior

I do not like the skinny suit on men, especially with one button done up. They remind me of the episode of Modern Family where Phil wears a skinny suit so tight that he can't bend and instead has to just lean on things all day. #11 (Matt Bomer?) on there is perfect, suit-wise, in my opinion. #13 makes me wonder how anybody could wear a turtleneck sweater and a jacket and be comfortable.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I do not like the skinny suit on men, especially with one button done up. They remind me of the episode of Modern Family where Phil wears a skinny suit so tight that he can't bend and instead has to just lean on things all day. #11 (Matt Bomer?) on there is perfect, suit-wise, in my opinion. #13 makes me wonder how anybody could wear a turtleneck sweater and a jacket and be comfortable.

yeah, #11 is a pretty damned awesome suit.

That reminds me, I need a good double button notched lapel.  Most of mine are double breast suits.

enhanced-buzz-28128-1388431423-6.jpg

level 4 Gnoll warrior

I got the same message when I tried to sign up for eHarmony, and I see it as a positive!  Have you tried OK Cupid?  I'm still taking a break from dating (which I started 3 challenges ago), but I've had good luck on OKC in the past.  I actually met my last long-term boyfriend there. It tends to attract more societal outliers, and is welcoming of people who have less-than-traditional sexual, gender, and relationship identies.  (And the questions are a lot of fun to answer!)

Yes, I did. Found the boss' 18 year-old daughter and my rival's ex. A few shallow conversations here and there, nothing too hot. I did enjoy filling out the profile. I thought mine was the funniest shit ever, and I would totally do me if I were a chick.

• Like 6

Yes, I did. Found the boss' 18 year-old daughter and my rival's ex. A few shallow conversations here and there, nothing too hot. I did enjoy filling out the profile. I thought mine was the funniest shit ever, and I would totally do me if I were a chick.

Machete, you should be writing a book, you are so good at writing and so clever…. it would be the funniest dating book ever AND I think writers can get laid fairly easily! :)

• Like 2

Yup! I'd buy it for sure! It would be hilarious, and insightful. Could be a big hit! You'd be fighting the ladies off Adorable One. Or perhaps just making them form an orderly queue....? :P

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Machete, you should be writing a book, you are so good at writing and so clever…. it would be the funniest dating book ever AND I think writers can get laid fairly easily! :)

Thank you. A few people have told me that in the past. I used to write these contemplative Notes on Facebook that people seemed to enjoy. I would use those to bypass my intrinsic inability to communicate my thoughts and interpret my emotions. They would be riddled with inside jokes and obscure references, and some people would miss the point and just make me look like some pathetic passive-aggressive coward trying too hard to make my life a little more dramatic. I'd usually start writing as a response to a strong emotional stimulus or an introspective realization. I haven't written in over a year, and I'm worried that I'm growing more and more cynical and jaded. I fear that I'm not spending enough time reflecting, feeling, and that I'll die without ever experiencing life.

No matter how careful you are, there's going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've been paying attention. Well, get used to that feeling. That's how your whole life will feel some day. This is all practice. (Palahniuk)

I don't think I could be a writer though. I usually need a good jumping-off point to get started, and my thoughts all seem scattered all over the place. It would look like Kurt Cobain's Journals. Maybe later down the road, if I find someone to help me out and organize my musings into something coherent. In the meantime, I'll keep commenting here, furthering the discussions.

Anyway, on a lighter note, here was an old profile from another dating site I used. I got quite a few hits here (and one date, I think), I'm not sure if it's because of my brilliant profile or my devastating handsomeness that made conversations start themselves, but it got pretty busy. I also spent a lot of time on this one reporting fake profiles, and I may have had over 20 of them removed from the site.

1527977_10151789725251965_245232444_n.jp

• Like 2