Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Actually I think all guys do want that.  It's just that it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a pat on the ass and a "Move over cupcake, I'm watching the game." when you bring them said beer. ;)

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Wasn't actually dinner, per se.  Just a couple situations that were screaming for me to close but I didn't.  

I agree with the whole straightforward thing too.  There's a saying for us guys:  "Subtle hints do not work.  Obvious hints do not work.  Just f*^king say it!"

*Dropping her off*

Her: "Do you need to come in and use the bathroom"

Me: "Nah.. I'm good, thanks though"

*Drives off*

Me... about 2 days later...

O_O... Seriously... how the f*** could I miss that... DAMNIT!(*#^$(@*(#

So yeah... just tell us. :-)

Wouldn't it be so much easier if ALL guys wanted the same thing, naked women bringing them beer. Takes the guess work out of everything. Then the women could decide if it were light or full strength, light ale or Guinness! The perfect world? Until some dude wants vodka.

I'd want either Crown or Disaronno... but if she showed up naked with an O'Douls... I will drink till they're gone...

Actually I think all guys do want that.  It's just that it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a pat on the ass and a "Move over cupcake, I'm watching the game." when you bring them said beer. ;)

TiVo...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

thats infinitely better than them being pissed for a week bc you were in the way of the game, yet they say nothing and wait a week to get pissed about it along with the laundry list of tiny shit you did all week that they stewed over.

"Hey baby thanks for the beer but get out of the way of the tv"

but No, they want talking and emotional connections and nuances and someone with coordination and grace. Bah!

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

*Dropping her off*

Her: "Do you need to come in and use the bathroom"

Me: "Nah.. I'm good, thanks though"

*Drives off*

Me... about 2 days later...

O_O... Seriously... how the f*** could I miss that... DAMNIT!(*#^$(@*(#

So yeah... just tell us. :-)

I'd want either Crown or Disaronno... but if she showed up naked with an O'Douls... I will drink till they're gone...

TiVo...

hah I'd miss that too. Or I'd go in and pee and leave, unless they were naked when I came back from peeing...then I'd get it.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Errrm... Does that mean you went round for dinner thinking she just wanted to feed you, or that you actually said "No thanks, I'm not hungry." Coz I'm laughing my ass off at that idea! :D

I like simple, straightforward communication. I hate it when people say one thing, but mean something else, or worse... When someone is upset with you about something, but won't tell you what the fuck it is, and wants you to play the guessing game. "Was it because I didn't wash the dishes? Did I leave a wet towel on the bathroom floor? Oh wait! I've got it!!! It's because I said your mother was the Spawn of Satan!!!!

Seriously? Fuck that shit! I really appreciate open, honest conversation.

Yes!!! Although, I would miss them all...if you aren't a.) already naked or b.) touching my girly bits...I'm clueless that's where you are headed. lol.

Why is straightforward communication so hard?

I am angry because.....

I am sad because......

I feel like squeezing your throat because.......

I feel though women are the worst offenders, but when men do it, it's more of a " WTF do you want? "

I HATE when you attempt this type of communication, and then they get pissed bc they dont like what you said....dont fucking ask me for honesty and direct communication if you dont want the fucking truth, but the sandwich rule really helps that I have learned, but it still pisses me off.

Tell me I look fat in the fucking dress, I might cry about it or get my feelings hurt, but I will at least not go out looking like a whale and I'd respect you more bc you were direct about it.

At least give it a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge". So much easier.

Would you like to come back to my place and see my chinchilla? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Oh... OOOOHHHH...

hah I miss the winks and nudges. I realize its socially unacceptable, but a "hey I'm just trying to get laid, are you interested?" or "I like you and want to go suck your face and see where this goes" would be great! lol

Or... "Would you like to come back to my place to see my chinchilla? If you know what I mean." ;)

uhm, maybe? What do you mean? ;) but cept for you Guzzi, I would go regardless :D

Wasn't actually dinner, per se.  Just a couple situations that were screaming for me to close but I didn't.  

I agree with the whole straightforward thing too.  There's a saying for us guys:  "Subtle hints do not work.  Obvious hints do not work.  Just f*^king say it!"

yes! Thats mine too, but Im a girl. Its good general practice. It just sucks when you do that and people are so used to thinking you dont say what you mean (in general humans, not one individual) that they dont take your words seriously and hear what they "think" you said. Guys are so used to girls doing that, that they gloss over the blunt stuff sometimes bc it cant possibly be that clear cut....and then all is lost :(

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

deadly-words-by-women.jpg

Females have a very advanced and sophisticated social structure that a lot of men will probably never be able to comprehend. (The ones who do, the advanced beings, are the ones that we call "gay".) This is probably because of the fact that females have a larger language region in their brains (making gender equality rather tricky, considering female superiority in the linguistics department). They can also transfer data across hemispheres at a much faster rate, and have better color vision, but let's leave that for another day. That may be the origin of the stereotype that women like to talk, among others. They have to navigate a much more complex society of deception, intrigue, and fragile alliances that they developed their own rituals that men may find perplexing. I'm surprised Castiglione's The Book of the Courtier wasn't written by a woman.

Gossip was a way to create an exclusive, albeit temporary, group/alliance/meeting that talks about other people outside of it - the men who are probably out hunting, or the females who happened to not be present for the "meeting". Women want to be part of the gossip group as much as possible and not be the one gossiped about because that weakens her social credibility, so she tries to be present in as many "meetings" as she can. Connected to this is the supposed requirement of women to go to the restroom in a support group. If one goes, all of them go. Nobody wants to be left out of a possible "no boys allowed" gossip session.

Also, guys complain about women taking forever to get ready. Again, the social group. Women have to try a lot of combinations of clothes on to see if it "works". Male fashion has always been cut-and-dry (save for the Renaissance and gay men) - you put on a tailored suit, a uniform, or jeans and workboots. Women in general have to make sure they don't look ridiculous to other women. They don't dress up for guys, if this were true all they'd have to do was wear a short skirt and show some cleavage (that's what Halloween is for); they dress up for other women to notice. A woman going out into society is like a man rolling out of the wire into a battlefield; you have to check if all your protective gear is in order every time to ensure that you don't get smoked out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aba_Om2NPLc

These processes are so deeply-ingrained in females that they even communicate biologically. Notice how women who live in close proximity of each other for prolonged periods of time have their menstrual cycles eventually synchronize. The theory is that the Alpha female, who has priority over everyone for reproduction, only ovulates for a certain period every month. (Research has found that males find ovulating females to be more sexually attractive.) If another female happens to be ovulating while she is not, it creates competition. To prevent this, the females of the group submit to the Alpha by synchronizing their biological processes to her. It's pretty much an "if I'm not getting any, nobody is" arrangement. (So the next time a group of females are living together, look for whomever's menstrual cycle they sync with. She's the Alpha.)

Men, we're much simpler creatures. Fucking, fighting, and food. Everything boils down to dominating something.

2396.gif

This is all, of course, merely speculation by yours truly.

• Like 5

According to your links Machete I am a female, lol, that would explain a few things

So is my husband...it happens. I am apparently about 75%/25% myself based on all of these...I'm definitely a male communicator...although those words are used when the man in question cant handle the truth.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I had to laugh at #4 because, I will admit, I have said to my husband "You can go ahead and make the decision on this issue...And I'm sure that you will make the *right* decision." He always laughs about it though.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I also keep coming up as "Female" when I take those tests / indicators / whatever. All of my friends who describe themselves as "artists" likewise come off as female.

Yay?

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I also keep coming up as "Female" when I take those tests / indicators / whatever. All of my friends who describe themselves as "artists" likewise come off as female.

Yay?

Some guys are sensitive, it's not a bad thing...they are amazing when you want to cry on their shoulder, but I'm too blunt for most of them, and hurt their feelings all the time untintentionally. You are who you are...so yay! :)
  • Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

thats infinitely better than them being pissed for a week bc you were in the way of the game, yet they say nothing and wait a week to get pissed about it along with the laundry list of tiny shit you did all week that they stewed over.

Ugh! Gods!!! This^^^^ is exactly what I was talking about, I can't stand that shit. I grew up with this crap and I cannot imagine anything worse. I don't do this. Ever. I can't stand dramatics either, just do it, or don't do it, but for fucks sake don't make a song and dance about it! I like things to be rational, logical and simple. Is that really too much to ask?

Ps. Bekah - Sorry, the "If you know what I mean" remark was a throwback to a previous conversation in the random thread. (I suspect you know that, but just in case ;))

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Ugh! Gods!!! This^^^^ is exactly what I was talking about, I can't stand that shit. I grew up with this crap and I cannot imagine anything worse. I don't do this. Ever. I can't stand dramatics either, just do it, or don't do it, but for fucks sake don't make a song and dance about it! I like things to be rational, logical and simple. Is that really too much to ask?

Based on EVERY relationship I've been in, or observed...

Yes.  Yes it is.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Here in the American South, "Go ahead," is usually accompanied by snickering from the woman and her friends. It's often seen in a public setting, can be accompanied by "I'll hold your beer," and is regularly encored by trips to the hospital.

• Like 4

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Ps. Bekah - Sorry, the "If you know what I mean" remark was a throwback to a previous conversation in the random thread. (I suspect you know that, but just in case ;))

LOL!  That was just a bitch session about arguments with my husband, because yeah, thats how they go :( and I just want quiet...but that hurts his feelings too...I'm pretty fucking doomed....but I digress. HAH I make it sound like he is horrible, he really isn't we just are VERY different, the good things are really good. 

and I knew what you meant, I was just responding as if you were just some random hot girl...lol :) 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Here in the American South, "Go ahead," is usually accompanied by snickering from the woman and her friends. It's often seen in a public setting, can be accompanied by "I'll hold your beer," and is regularly encored by trips to the hospital.

"Hold my beer" and "Ya'll watch this" I believe are the two most famous last words in the South.

• Like 4

Man, those three phrases used in combination are just going to lead to something spectacular.

...and widespread.

• Like 1

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

"Hold my beer" and "Ya'll watch this" I believe are the two most famous last words in the South.

Oh man, I've acted on some baaaad ideas after "hold my beer"

Ugh...the memories....the concussion....on one occasion on a camping trip, after winning a "doing shots for speed" contest the "Full Contact Musical Chairs" we thought was a good idea (which led to 3 broken ribs)...

• Like 4

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue