Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd Heroes

How is Ross a hero but Big Bang guys aren't?

The Big Bang guys are smart, but lack social skills and are physically weak. They are even awkward within nerd social situations, they are even more socially inept outside their circle of friends. They are not physically fit (remember the recent episode with the basketball contest?).

Ross does well socially compared to a stereotypical nerd. He even married three non-nerds and had plenty of dates. And he is definitely fit:

tumblrlhw5mehe5d1qdpnh0.jpg

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Fictional?

I loved Willow, because I am a nerdy, socially inept redhead, but I gotta go with the librarian here!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2501[/ATTACH]

I...am...a librarian! Evelyn Carnahan O'Connell

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2502[/ATTACH]

The original, not that tramp they replaced her with

Real people? Felicia Day, obviously, Ursula Vernon

post-5627-13567243540528_thumb.jpg

post-5627-13567243540678_thumb.jpg

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Wil Wheaton

and every TED talks speaker. at least so far.

and my kiddo's first fencing coach, this badass 60-ish woman who not only fences but set up D&D for the kids.

and the coffee slinger who displayed kiddo's art on the wall with the commissioned paintings, taught him how awesome espresso is when done right, played Settlers of Catan for hours while I studied, and didn't ever make fun of my horrible Yu-Gi-Oh skills. I won twice in all the years of playing against kiddo, and Magic is not looking much better :)

Good call on TMNT! They definitely had an influence on my wee girl self. And the blue ranger did too.. .until I read an interview with him where he was kind of a jerk. Broke my young heart.

Anyhow, I thought of a fictional inspiration:

Belle-beauty-and-the-beast-118804_1024_730.jpg

This was my favorite movie when I was a wee girl. I could always relate because I preferred to read rather than interact with the general population.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!