Forums are back in action! ×

Clothes shopping woot.

For the longest time I have been a L-XL shirt, 38"-40" waist pants guy.

I went on a business trip earlier this week and needed new khaki pants (swimming in my old ones). When I went to Khol's on Friday, I was trying on 36's: too big. 34's: too big. 32's: a bit tight but stretchy and comfortable. I honestly could not believe it.

Girlfriend insisted I try on a couple shirts while I was there. Tried on a medium polo: too big. Small polo? Comfortably loose around my midsection.

I am really excited to go clothes shopping for the first time in my life. Going to save up some money and buy a ton of new stuff near the end of May when I'm closer to my goal.

Woot!

Awesome! I love this feeling and had a similar experience last week. I wear suits to work everyday (and love sport coats to dress up a casual look) and they have been getting quite big on me, so I wanted to know what size coat I would wear now. So, I stopped by Jos A Banks on the way home to try some on. Well...

I started as a 46L (have been for years), so I figured I might be a 44L now. Well, tried that on and it was a little big, so we went to a 43L. It fit better, but still had a little room in it. Out of curiosity, we thought I should try a 42L even though I felt my shoulders may be a little too big. Well, the 42L fit almost perfectly until I was handed a tailored 42L, and that fit even better! Like you, I'm holding off until I hit my goals and feel I may be a couple more months away from that, but damn it feels good fitting into smaller clothes!

Congrats!!!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

#jealous

I've dropped a couple pants sizes, 40->36, but most of that was early on, and though my XXL shirts are too big, my XL ones fit great. I can pull off L t-shirts if I am going for the tight look, but that definitely is not for a professional setting. The positive is that I really don't have to buy new clothes (I actually still have some old 36 waist pants and shorts around), the negative is that I really don't need to buy new clothes. Now that I'm so close to my goals, I'm pretty much at my final size.

Congrats on shrinking so much, that has to be an awesome feeling.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Waldo, I think you're a bit taller than me (I'm 5' 6.5"). It appears that I've been a small dude trapped in a big dude's body.

6' 1.3", any smaller than L and shirts turn into cutoffs. Large though fit tight, especially around the chest, a look that I can only pull off when there is no belly below it.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

So great! Way to go!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

That's awesome! I have been in the 38-44 range for years. I am in a 38 now but I think I could probably get into a 36 right now but I haven't been shopping in a while. I also used to wear XXL and XL t-shirts. They are now getting too big on me. I will need to shop soon and a lot of shirts are making me look bigger than I am because there is so much material.

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.