I say what what in the... well maybe that isn't the most appropriate song... Hi!

Hey there everyone! I am new to the forum and wanted to just say hi. I'm Zack, I've been reading a lot of nerdfitness lately so I figured I would take a look at the forums and I decided to sign up. I'm looking to get in better shape, aka not look like a twig's twig, and this seems like the best place to start. I eat mostly paleo (except grassfed beef, I don't have the money right now to get it regularly, so its the normal bad meat currently) and I love it. I started doing it about 3 weeks ago, so I've decided to take the next step and start working out a lot more too. My body is still adjusting to the demand, but hopefully soon I can get back to my fitness level I was at a year ago (before I went to college). Any other skinny guys out there who are trying to gain some muscle mass? Any have some suggestions for us? Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Zack

Hey there everyone! I am new to the forum and wanted to just say hi. I'm Zack, I've been reading a lot of nerdfitness lately so I figured I would take a look at the forums and I decided to sign up. I'm looking to get in better shape, aka not look like a twig's twig, and this seems like the best place to start. I eat mostly paleo (except grassfed beef, I don't have the money right now to get it regularly, so its the normal bad meat currently) and I love it. I started doing it about 3 weeks ago, so I've decided to take the next step and start working out a lot more too. My body is still adjusting to the demand, but hopefully soon I can get back to my fitness level I was at a year ago (before I went to college). Any other skinny guys out there who are trying to gain some muscle mass? Any have some suggestions for us? Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Zack

Welcome aboard brother!

Skinny paleo guy here...though I haven't been paleo since I began my trip...but now that I'm back in the states I hope to start doing it again once I get back to Massachusetts. What's your weight, and how much do you want to weigh approximately?

How do you feel about dairy/whole milk?

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Welcome to the Rebellion! There are plenty of skinny guys trying to gain some muscle around here (I am not one of them, although I am trying to gain muscle). We will all tell you this: lift heavy -- compound lifts such as dead lifts, squats, presses, rows; and eat heavy (a lot of clean food, plenty of animal protein). As for grassfed v. conventional meat, I wouldn't worry too much about it if you cannot afford it. In an ideal situation, sure, I would recommend grassfed, however, if you drop the processed foods, grains, and sugar, you will be doing better than 90% of the population.