CleverGirl Needs Accountability

Hello! I'm CleverGirl! I'm a wife, mother of 3, and I work as a school psychologist full-time and a package handler for FedEx part-time. I have recently had four different doctors (my PCP, a cardiologist, a nephrologist, and an ENT) tell me that I need to lose weight. Now, I've tried losing weight in the past, and I seem to suck at it. So, I'm hoping that creating this Battle Log will give me some accountability. 

The plan is to post everything I eat or drink each day, any exercise/activity I do each day (for now, going to work on days I'm at FedEx will count as exercise since I spend my shift slinging packages and my body is clearly not used to this level of activity yet), as well as noting any medical issues that may or may not crop up.

Day One: 7/3/16

Breakfast: one vanilla protein shake (100 calories, 2.5g fat, 3g carbs, 0g sugar, 15g protein); one medium banana (105 calories, 0g fat, 27g carbs, 14g sugar, 1g protein)

Snack: 2 caramel corn rice cakes (100 calories, 0g fat, 22g carbs, 6g sugar, 1g protein)

Daily Totals

Calories: 305

Fat: 2.5 grams

Carbs: 52 grams

Sugar: 20 grams

Protein: 17 grams

1 hour ago, Randy the Red said:

Great job on starting today! What's for lunch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunch will be one of those "diet" microwave meals. I enjoy the way they taste, plus I really hate cooking. Lunch is the worst meal of the day for me. I need something relatively substantial, but I just don't have the money to buy stuff to prep a good lunch meal (plus, I really hate prepping and cooking food). 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Randy the Red said:

Prep is tough. Have you tried prepping on the weekends for the week? It's an easy way to ensure you have lunches ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried that, and it did work quite well. Unfortunately, within the past year I have switched jobs (shorter commute, but hefty pay cut) and my wife had to quit her lucrative job due to health reasons. She's working again, but we still only have between $80 and $100 a week for groceries for all of us (the two of us, plus three kids). So, buying the ingredients to prep is not really possible at the moment. The microwave meals are the best compromise I can come up with.

Yesterday started out good, but spiraled out of control. I did go for a walk of about a mile and a half. I ate a health microwave meal for lunch. I then ended up eating a bag of Ghiradelli mini chocolates and 3.4 of a bag of sour cream and onion chips. Dinner was haystacks (tortilla chips, taco meat, beans, rice, olives, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and lime juice). I did eat less at dinner than I usually do.

I did make myself sit down and really think about what I had eaten and what might have been the reasons that I ate what I did. I think it was the tracking I had started doing. Focusing on the calories and the nutritional content was not a good idea for me. I think I am ok with looking at that stuff at the store, when I'm initially purchasing things, but when I do it at home it becomes overwhelming.

So, from here on out, I will be posting only what I eat and drink, without the extra info. Today I have the usual 4th of July gathering at my parents' house. I'm not going to stress over what I eat there, but I will write it down. I will also have a healthy breakfast and dinner.