Forums are back in action! ×

New city, new job, new Traaki.

Here's the story:  In the past month, I quit my job, moved to a new city, sprained my ankle, and basically just changed every last thing about my life on very short notice.

What better time than now to respawn? 

Before the respawn, I feel I was doing pretty well. Working out 2-3 times per week, including diet changes on my challenges, etc. Life is a bit more complicated than it was six months ago because I have two roommates and I am very much a person who likes to keep my fitness journey to myself.  

Some things I'm going to do differently this time: 

1) I slipped on the "never miss two in a row" rule.  

2) I'm going to focus more on diet this time. 

3) I'm going to try the GMB Elements program. Bodyweight training by myself was getting a little boring.

4) I'm not measuring myself. I waste so much energy working on measurements. I will take starting photos, weigh myself once a week and track how my clothes fit.  

I'd love to read a good book about diet and/or fitness; any recommendations? 

• Like 1

Traaki, Level 23 Half-Orc Assassin 

Current challenge: traaki gets some sun. Just a little. * Respawned on June 25, 2018

Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Epic QuestBattlelog

47 minutes ago, traaki said:

Some things I'm going to do differently this time: 

1) I slipped on the "never miss two in a row" rule.  

2) I'm going to focus more on diet this time. 

3) I'm going to try the GMB Elements program. Bodyweight training by myself was getting a little boring.

4) I'm not measuring myself. I waste so much energy working on measurements. I will take starting photos, weigh myself once a week and track how my clothes fit.  

Love it. 

In terms of book recs, don't laugh, but The Body Book (by Cameron Diaz) is actually a great intro read.

As for diet, my cliff notes are:

-Eat 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight

-Eat at least 5 veg a day, and 1-2 servings of fruit

-Enjoy a tbsp or two of peanut butter

-Fill the rest of your daily kcal with whatever you like! Once you've hit protein, veg, and fat numbers, it's all just down to total intake (ie. treats are ok, once you've hit the rest of your needs)

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

i love the desert. books about fitness? for weightlifting/butt goals, i enjoyed bret contreras' strong curves.

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Why can't an orc live in the desert? I love deserts and am partial to orcs, so I think they can go together.  Unless you just want a new character then by all means,  go for it! I can't recommend books because I am still looking for new ones after revamping my diet! Blessings!

• Like 1

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome

On 6/27/2018 at 10:46 AM, Defining said:

Love it. 

In terms of book recs, don't laugh, but The Body Book (by Cameron Diaz) is actually a great intro read.

As for diet, my cliff notes are:

-Eat 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight

-Eat at least 5 veg a day, and 1-2 servings of fruit

-Enjoy a tbsp or two of peanut butter

-Fill the rest of your daily kcal with whatever you like! Once you've hit protein, veg, and fat numbers, it's all just down to total intake (ie. treats are ok, once you've hit the rest of your needs)

Thanks for the recommendations! 

On 6/30/2018 at 8:48 AM, ladyofthebog said:

i love the desert. books about fitness? for weightlifting/butt goals, i enjoyed bret contreras' strong curves.

I love it too. <3 And thanks for the recommendation!

On 6/30/2018 at 9:41 AM, Trixie Falsae said:

Why can't an orc live in the desert? I love deserts and am partial to orcs, so I think they can go together.  Unless you just want a new character then by all means,  go for it! I can't recommend books because I am still looking for new ones after revamping my diet! Blessings!

It's true, an orc can totally live in the desert. Just seems like it might be time for a new character. :)

Current challenge: traaki gets some sun. Just a little. * Respawned on June 25, 2018

Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Epic QuestBattlelog

Today was the first day of the respawn.

It didn't go as well as planned, but it wasn't a waste.  

I weighed myself, drank a lot of water, and tonight I sat down and went through the intro on GMB Elements so I am ready to start tomorrow. Excited about this respawn.