Forums are back in action! ×

running.

spatzcat

Haha bigm.

I too love running. Now that I've cleaned ALL THE THINGS (well, almost) in my house, I might start running again on my non-lifting days. Just 'cause I love it.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I am jealous. I wish I loved running. Unfortunately, I hate running. :(

I used to hate running. I figured out it was because I was running too fast and I would heel-strike, which upset my breathing pattern. I slowed down and switch to a mid-foot strike and now I look forward to my next run starting with when I finish my last one.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

omg I hate running. I hate that I hate running. I don't mind sprinty bits though.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

omg I hate running. I hate that I hate running. I don't mind sprinty bits though.

Yeah, that's a good point - I actually love sprinting, especially in stompy combat boots on pavement. I just don't like sustained running.

Yet more evidence that I should be a superhero.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

I too used to hate running, back when I did it with my ever-in-shape boyfriend for longer distances than 100m. He always went too fast, so I would go too fast, and puke/almost pass out/other unpleasantness. Once I decided to start running slower than I could walk, I found I could go farther without feeling like dying.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

can I just say that my workout plan for Friday is Fartleks.

Can I say it again: fartleks

I admit to LMAO when my trainer said fartleks.

I admit to trying to figure out how to put it in every post across all forums today: fartleks.

I admit to planning to tell the doc next week (bad calf strain in soleous) that I hurt it with burpees and fartleks.

I am a child.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

darksidecandy.jpg

^ Yup. We do. Come.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I like my Saturday runs the most - that's when I have time to do a longer run and I know that I don't have to worry about breakfast/lunch prep and getting myself and my kids out the door when I get home. I run, go home, change, and go to tae kwon do. It's glorious. I don't run it for speed; it's more about distance, and time to think. I do need to change it up for the purposes of this challenge, though, so I've started working sprints into my Saturday run - I jog to the middle school track and do sprints (run the straights/jog the corners, then jog the straights and run the corners), then I take a roundabout way home to finish my run. It's surprising to me that I look forward to my runs, because I HATED running in high school! Now I know it's because no one ever taught me to run properly.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Archived