Forums are back in action! ×

How do I hit on a dude, like a 'nice' girl?

but if he says something and makes a joke when your laughing sort of slap him on the arm in a playful way. Not a "Gaston" from beauty and the beast slap. just a girlie thing. i'm sure you've seen it.

haha this cracked me up. a Gaston slap is one way to go, though... "hey you're funny!" *SLAP* "ummm wanna go out?"

also, i've nothing too beneficial to add. you seem super sweet and nice, and he seems like he might be as well. things don't always happen as organically as one would like, but i like the suggestion of thinking of places nearby that you could drop hints about (like the grabbing a smoothie thing).

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

I asked my husband out. We were introduced by a mutual acquaintance in a 'nice to meet you, gotta go, bye!' type of situation.

I thought he was so good-looking that I actually tracked him down through a friend, got his number, called him and asked him out. He's six years older than me, so I'm sure a 17 yr old girl calling up to ask him out was a shock, but he said yes. :D

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I asked my husband out. We were introduced by a mutual acquaintance in a 'nice to meet you, gotta go, bye!' type of situation.

I thought he was so good-looking that I actually tracked him down through a friend, got his number, called him and asked him out. He's six years older than me, so I'm sure a 17 yr old girl calling up to ask him out was a shock, but he said yes. :D

Lol, nowadays if you are a 23 and getting a date invitation from a 17 year-old you have to look around the corner for Chris Hansen.

If you weren't the 17 year old girl in this case, people would definitely be taking a second look. I know I did until I saw who posted it.

I'm sorry? I guess I'm very stupid today. Was that offensive in some way?

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

No, it wasn't offensive.

It was more in relation to the Chris Hansen post; If a 20-some year old guy said those were the days when he could date underage girls, it seems that people would have found that offensive. But that goes with the difference of the times, nowadays with so much out there about underage girls and older men (i.e. Chris Hansen's show) it is more taboo than even 10 years back.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

No, it wasn't offensive.

It was more in relation to the Chris Hansen post; If a 20-some year old guy said those were the days when he could date underage girls, it seems that people would have found that offensive. But that goes with the difference of the times, nowadays with so much out there about underage girls and older men (i.e. Chris Hansen's show) it is more taboo than even 10 years back.

Ahh, gotcha! I don't think my coffee ever kicked in this morning. ;)

~Oscar Wilde

OK, so here is what happened... I wish I could cross-reference this to the ARGH thread....

I saw him at the gym in the hallway, and asked if I could give him my number. He said "yeah, um, I'll be right back." So I went and put my backpack in one of the lockers in the hallway and changed my shoes and putzed around for a minute. When he got back he said he asked "what's your number?" so I gave it to him, and he said he'd text me his number. So then he immediately turns around to this woman and kid who have been sitting on the bench and says "OK, you ready to go?"

FML.

No idea if it was a daycare worker, or his wife or girlfriend or what...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

OOOOOOO... >.< I'm sorry to hear that. Well, you can at least learn from this incase another guy comes along your path. I'm really sorry.

On the off chance, it could be his sister and nephew.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Ah, that is unfortunate. I only want to add on this whole topic is that some of us guys are pretty clueless (I am definitely) when it comes to women flirting with us. I think someone would need to smack me upside the head and flat out tell me that she was flirting (OK, maybe I am not that clueless, but I definitely have been known to miss it (until later when it is way too late and the girl is gone!)).

Ow so sorry Unicorn! I had a similar experience today. I thought this really cute nurse at the hospital where my brother is was flirting with me the last couple days, and then today I noticed his wedding ring. Ugh! First time his hands were up where it was noticeable. We live and learn and move on. But perhaps your story will still have a happy ending. Might not be what it looks like. I mean hell, he took your number. Very awkward if that was a wife sitting there waiting for him.

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Yeah, I agree that it would have been very awkward if that was his wife. I can't believe I didn't check for a wedding ring *smacks forehead.*

I agree, Gemeaux, dating suuuuucks. But, what can you do? One day I'll meet a dude who doesn't care how awkward I am during the dating phase (and um, how awkward I am during the marriage phase...)

Well, we'll see what happens.

Thanks everyone, this all has been quite enlightening :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Just remember Unicorn that the best thing is to work on being the You that You want to be and you mentioned in your opening that you've spent most of your adult life drunk and with a low self esteem. While you are single is the best time to work on that self esteem. You realize that you are getting fitter, and sexier, and all that all the time and that is a great step and not a baby step! Read some of the books that we've all mentioned and it'll have you more poised when the next opportunity comes up. And major props on being the you that you are now instead of the old you!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

That is more Woot! than AAARGH...

You took the initiative to go for it and give him your number. You learned how to be assertive and you are starting to understand that you are a sexy beast. And best of all, you learned to flirt in a way that guys will actually pick up on (and we, the clueless, thank you for that).

My congratulences (condolations?) to you. Congrats for going for it, condolences for it not working out yet. As was said before, there is still a chance that it wasn't his wife/girlfriend if he took your number.

Ah, that is unfortunate. I only want to add on this whole topic is that some of us guys are pretty clueless (I am definitely) when it comes to women flirting with us. I think someone would need to smack me upside the head and flat out tell me that she was flirting (OK, maybe I am not that clueless, but I definitely have been known to miss it (until later when it is way too late and the girl is gone!)).

I am that clueless. I've actually been smacked upside the head multiple times by a friend and told that a girl was flirting with me(which, on one occasion, the girl was still there, and still flirting). That's pretty much how my last relationship got started. Haha

Level 1 Woodwose

Guest Gemeaux

Yes good on ya :) I would never in a million years have the guts to ask a guy like that . And I agree , it might have been a relative or friend .

Has he texted you yet ?

A weirdly large amount of your posts make you sound like the female version of me, Unicorn.

I've definitely be in this situation before and ended up not acting on it at all through lack of experience/ assuming they'd never be interested and I've only ended up regretting it. There's certainly every chance that the woman he was with isn't remotely romantically involved with him, making negative assumptions doesn't help anything. And even if she is at least you've hopefully realised that going out on a limb like that wasn't quite so unbearably embarrassing. At least now he's got your number the potential for anything happening has increased many times over.

Also I second (or third, or fourth) the suggestion that a lot of men are utterly hopeless at picking up on any sort of flirting or attraction from a girl, myself included. Or on the flip-side of that I take every friendly or affectionate gesture as something more. Frankly a lot of us men are utterly useless.

A weirdly large amount of your posts make you sound like the female version of me, Unicorn.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? You two would be perfect for each other. Though the commute might suck going from Wales to Minnesota.

Also I second (or third, or fourth) the suggestion that a lot of men are utterly hopeless at picking up on any sort of flirting or attraction from a girl, myself included. Or on the flip-side of that I take every friendly or affectionate gesture as something more. Frankly a lot of us men are utterly useless.

There is a lot of man-hate going on in these forums lately. But it is all coming from us guys. Girls, we need some encouragement here.

Level 1 Woodwose

Archived