Forums are back in action! ×

What's in your lunch box today?

Naturally

Today for lunch I had fiery five pepper chicken breast, cooked with green beans and onions.

Somehow I read this as 'five peppered chicken breasts'...I thought, 'whoa, that dude must have done some serious lifting today! :D

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

130g (~4oz) chicken breast grilled with salt, pepper, garlic & evoo

1 T pesto

lots of baby carrots

I'm dipping the chicken and the carrots in the pesto. Yummy.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

First meal was egg monster with zucchini, summer squash, ground turkey sausage (homemade), onion, bell pepper, mushrooms. A side of plain greek yogurt with cinnamon and a peach.

Second meal was 12 oz chicken breast in a marmalade sauce with a side of quinoa and veggies (squash, zucchini, carrot, mushrooms, onion).

I also have meatza in my lunch box... but that's for another day. Mmmmmmmmm meatza.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I eat lunch immediately following my workout, so my lunchbox today had 10g BCAA + 5g Creatine for pre-workout and 1 scoop whey with 3 Orange Triad multis and 3g fish oil post workout followed by about a pound of Trader Joe's Frozen Grilled Chicken and Frozen Turkey Meatballs sitting on about 4 cups of spinach. I love fully cooked frozen meats because it's easy to pack in tupperware and heat up at lunchtime.

2/13/12

Starting Primal and free weights

10/02/12

Starting LeanGains. Still lifting all the things.

Fitocracy

Well, my work had lunch brought in for everyone today. It was the first time they have done that all year, and since tomorrow is my last day, I figured I'd see what they were offering... It was a sack lunch with:

• Ham or turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat or white bun
  • Cookies
  • Cup of fruit in syrup
  • Pretzels

And there was also cake (white and chocolate).

There was not a thing that I could eat today. So, I'm stuck with my usual bottle of water. Though today I upgraded to a 1 liter bottle instead of the usual 500ml bottle.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

• Hard boiled egg
  • Pecans
  • Grilled steak and peppers from yesterday's dinner
  • Avocado
  • Paleo brownie

The paleo brownie isn't really paleo because the recipe has 1/4 cup sugar and chocolate chips (I linked to the recipe in the list above.) But seriously, they are way better than any "regular" brownie I've ever had. I always take them to pot lucks because people really like them. Actually I went to a BBQ on Sunday and this was one of the things I took, and had a few left over. Yay! ;)

--

Liz

Shameless plug for my online photo gallery

Check out my backyard bird feeders

A standard lunch for me is a solid protein, like chucks of a Rottiserie chicken I tore to pieces that will feed me for two days. A good heart salad with lots of veggies and nuts. I also have a weakness for Chobani yogurt ( I know I know) so I usually have one of those and maybe a piece of fruit or berries.

All food stuffs compliments of the Trader Joe's 200' away from my office.

12oz Grilled Chicken

~40g wasabi almonds

1lb Tropical Fruit Medley

couple liters of water

couple aspirin for my aches

Seriously jealous...no Trader Joe's in Colorado! :hopelessness:

pikespeach

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible!' " (Audrey Hepburn)

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with vidalia onions, cremini mushrooms and diced chicken cooked in olive oil--tried to make a frittata of sorts, totally failed so it became scrambled eggs with veggies and meat!; peach hibiscus herbal tea with a dash of organic agave

Lunch: chicken with rosemary and shallots cooked in coconut oil, mashed sweet potatoes

Snack: two small organic fuji apples....why did I forget my almond butter?!?! :stupid:

Dinner: (is anticipated to be) baked pollack and garlic sauteed broccoli...maybe some sort of sweet concoction involving berries...we shall see

pikespeach

First meal was egg monster with zucchini, summer squash, ground turkey sausage (homemade), onion, bell pepper, mushrooms. A side of plain greek yogurt with cinnamon and a peach.

Second meal was 12 oz chicken breast in a marmalade sauce with a side of quinoa and veggies (squash, zucchini, carrot, mushrooms, onion).

I also have meatza in my lunch box... but that's for another day. Mmmmmmmmm meatza.

What, pray tell, is a meatza?

pikespeach

What, pray tell, is a meatza?

Meatza is a brilliant take on pizza. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti grain... but I've yet to find or make a crust worthy.. so... meatza! Here or here. mmmmmm

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Meatza is quite good! I do find I like it better to prebake the crust a little bit then add toppings and bake more. Otherwise, it was a little juicer than I cared for.

Anivair, anything in particular you put in your cauliflower rice? Or do you follow one of the popular recipes?

Anivair, anything in particular you put in your cauliflower rice? Or do you follow one of the popular recipes?

Not sure, as I've never seen any recipes (and because my wife made it) but we shred the cauliflower and then cook it in a cast iron pan in some fat (often GF butter or bacon fat) and add sauteed onions, eggs, and some other veggies. Good stuff. Excellent side dish.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Ah ha! That sounds delicious! It's been a while since I've made cauli-rice and I think I'll have to do that for next week's lunches.

Archived