I've been doing a bit of work on my watercolor in the evenings. I really want to do creative things, but struggle with the actual doing. I think part of the problem is the pressure I put on myself to make a good thing.  So, I am just trying to enjoy this, and if I enjoy it enough to hang it up somewhere I will. Or I will just enjoy that I accomplished making it.

My workouts; I've been doing the 15 minutes MAPS  (from Mindpump) which is two exercises a day. They also have a different program, which is mobility. It has stretches, and then some light exercises to do to reinforce the stretches. If I have time, I've been doing the two exercises, then stretches, then the other exercises. The light exercises are done for form, so I'm not working hard, just about a 5 RPE or so. 

Today's exercises were Bulgarian Squats, and then Romanian Deadlift. Then I did the  BW bridges, and BW single leg deadlift. I  like this format. I feel like I get mobility and strength both. The Bulgarian Squats are started in the bottom position, and then you go up. And you start where your leading leg's knee is all the way down. I've been doing those BW, and it's tough! But I am improving. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I've been doing a bit of work on my watercolor in the evenings. I really want to do creative things, but struggle with the actual doing. I think part of the problem is the pressure I put on myself to make a good thing.  So, I am just trying to enjoy this, and if I enjoy it enough to hang it up somewhere I will. Or I will just enjoy that I accomplished making it.

I also struggle with this. If you put enough pressure on yourself you lose the enjoyment and then you end up doing nothing. Alas.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I've been doing a bit of work on my watercolor in the evenings. I really want to do creative things, but struggle with the actual doing. I think part of the problem is the pressure I put on myself to make a good thing. 

Completely get it. It’s so silly though, the whole point is to do something fun and relaxing, it’s not like we’re trying to become pro.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

One of the things I enjoy doing with my oil paints when I'm not sure what to do, is to just play around with the colors and see how they blend and move.  I'm not really trying to make something, but I'm still interacting with my medium. And sometimes something neat happens, and other times it just gets painted over later. 

• Like 3

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Spoiler

On 10/10/2024 at 11:24 PM, Harriet said:

I also struggle with this. If you put enough pressure on yourself you lose the enjoyment and then you end up doing nothing. Alas.

Yep, that's about how it works. 

On 10/11/2024 at 3:33 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Completely get it. It’s so silly though, the whole point is to do something fun and relaxing, it’s not like we’re trying to become pro.

Exactly. I guess I just have to keep reminding myself of that.  Maybe it's pride that gets in the way? Like I think if I do something, it has to be of monumental proportion, instead of just accepting I am just a normal person doing normal things, and often those things are far from spectacular, and if I practice enough will raise themselver to the level of not so bad.?

On 10/11/2024 at 7:13 AM, Whisper said:

One of the things I enjoy doing with my oil paints when I'm not sure what to do, is to just play around with the colors and see how they blend and move.  I'm not really trying to make something, but I'm still interacting with my medium. And sometimes something neat happens, and other times it just gets painted over later. 

I like the idea of just enjoying the colors

• Like 3

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Challenge finish. Let's see how I did

Total as of  10/04 1,850

This week:

Hitting him with the  Giant Water Canon of Destruction:

Drinking 80 oz of liquid (water, tea, all drink except alcohol)  a day. Monday - Friday. For someone who struggles with getting 60 oz, this is a big step

250 points each week  I hit goal at least   4 days.  50 bonus points for all 5 days (total 300)

2 or less days = -50 to my score

Weel 5= 0 points. I struggled. Part of it was just the tracking. I use a water bottle, but I often pour the water into a glass, because I like it better. But, I was losing my glass, or tipping it over. Forgetting how often I filled my water bottle. And saying meh about it all

The Surprise Element-

Morning routine done and ready to walk or workout at 9:00 during the week- give myself 10 minutes of grace

250 points for hitting goal 4 days. 50 bonus points for 5th day

2 or less days =-50 to my score

300 points! I missed Monday, but hit my hit Tuesday- Saturday. I even got going early enough on Saturday to do a short workout before I went to a church conference.

Bonus Hits

Track food  3 x a week 200points

Track food 2 x a week 100 points

Track food 1  nothing

0 times a week: reduce my total hit points by 100

Tracked food 1 day. I was thinking of doing more to make up some points, but I didn't.

Total score  2,150  Your score wins2,000- 2199 Godzilla is getting wobbly. He has slowed down his rampage.  

Not horrible, not great. I purposely set this challenge super hard. I'd been setting them too easy, and wanted a challenge. Some things about the harder challenge motivated me, some things made it harder. I'm super happy with the  morning goal and how I did. This is something I've been working on a while, so that's great. I might not be that great with it over the winter, but I'd like to be at least close. The water challenge was an experiment. I wanted to see if drinking more water would help my feel less creaky in my joints. I do feel less creaky , so maybe it helped.  But, I felt like I was always having to think about drinking water, and that was mentally exhausting.  I'm hoping that drinking water is a bit more on my mind, and I will drink at least 1/2 my bodyweight. If I notice I'm feeling creaky when I drink less, that will be good incentive to drink more. I like the occasional food tracking. It's just enough for me to check in a bit. I do want to move to less food tracking, and  trust myself a bit more that I can make good decisions with food. Also. I hit my squat strength goal which was great.  

Scoring

less than 1,500 :Metropolis is destroyed:Godzilla wins

1,500- 1,999 Godzilla is still fighting. The Incredibles have done some damage, but Godzilla barely notices

2,000- 2199 Godzilla is getting wobbly. He has slowed down his rampage.  

2,200 -,2,549Godzilla is fading. The Incredibles have managed to slow him down . He is no longer throwing buildings and cars, and seems a bit wobbly on his feet

2,550+ncredibles win.  Godzilla flees and will never again return to Metropolis

• Like 7

I think that's a fantastic result all things considered! Way to go, EG! ?

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 10/16/2024 at 8:32 AM, Sovalis said:

I think that's a fantastic result all things considered! Way to go, EG! ?

Thanks