Rookie: An Oldie but a Goodie

I am still trying to get out of my rut where I am perfectly content doing nothing (including my hobbies). Choosing 3 things to do a day proved to be quite helpful in the past so I would like to try it again. 

1. Aim for 30 minutes of movement a day

2. Choose 3 things to do 5 days a week 

Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween GIF by hoppip

• Like 9
  • That's Metal 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

I feel you and am in a similar rut. I call it my Age of Apathy. I'm struggling to find goals or hobbies that really excite me right now. I'm trying to "embrace the nothing". I'm trying to really appreciate the moments where I'm not doing much (even if I should be) and maximize the quality of that rest time to the fullest.

What sort of movement are you aiming for right now?

• Like 2

Ranger - Rheno - Rising Hero

Hey Rookie! Here to cheer and get all the updates on your adventures. Bonus pics of the pups are always welcome too. ;) 

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 minutes ago, titsworth said:

I feel you and am in a similar rut. I call it my Age of Apathy. I'm struggling to find goals or hobbies that really excite me right now. I'm trying to "embrace the nothing". I'm trying to really appreciate the moments where I'm not doing much (even if I should be) and maximize the quality of that rest time to the fullest.

What sort of movement are you aiming for right now?

Yup I am right there with you. I was really hoping that getting a job would help me ease back into my old routines. I feel I've been in a rut for 1-2 years now. The embracing the nothingness did help originally but I need more sparkle in my life. Everything feels so dull! And I'm craving more. 

Walking mostly because it's the easiest and most accessible for me. But also physical chores like cleaning the gardens for winter, visiting/grooming/riding my damn horse*?, playing disc with Winnie (dog).  I do really want to work on my mobility and strength but that comes later I think. The option is there but it's not a specific goal. 

* I love her ? she doesn't care I'm not riding but she's an expensive pet ($500cad/month) so I might as well be doing the thing and at least hanging out with her more because it's really beneficial to my mental health. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Rookie said:

* I love her ? she doesn't care I'm not riding but she's an expensive pet ($500cad/month) so I might as well be doing the thing and at least hanging out with her more because it's really beneficial to my mental health. 

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do
I'm half crazy all for the love of you
  • That's Metal 2

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Spoiler

1. Bring Luna to vet for pre-spay appointment 

2. Go somewhere with Winnie and play disc

3. Find Kimchi recipe

Unfortunately I don't know how long my little walk and disc session took because my phone decided not to track but it was probably around 20 minutes. 

Videos are better than pictures right? Just a small reel I made it my outing with Winnie.

This habit tracker looks amazing. I'm going to see if I can recreate it in Google sheets. I'm pretty sure she's using Excel

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_xOHfLOEgS/?igsh=ZzlhN3lxNHE4NDJx

Edit... Hers is in Google sheets! Awesome

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Radost said:

Here for the fuzz faces and *calculates* fifteen Things per week! Woohoo!

❤️ 15 seems doable over the course of a challenge

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I hope you find a way out of your ruts, but I like the plan you have!

Thank you! Just got to keep trying

• Like 2

Yesterday

1. Pick up dog food

2.  Watch Seven

3.  Look at cookbook and write down recipes I want to try

Today
1. Clear tomato plants

2. Take girls to the beach to people watch

3.  TBD

Pretttty sure I love this wedding gown. Its like the one I fell in love with (same rose gold fabric) but solves the issues I had. It normally has a giant boob window which I wouldn't want but it looks like you can customize it to not have it. I love the optional sleeves too. Not sure why I am so drawn to this fabric lol I could see it being curtain material in a different life. I also like the white but rose gold might have my heart. 

Spoiler

Maggie Sottero Derrick Marie Ballgown Wedding Dress 23MS723A02 Alt100 AI

Maggie Sottero Derrick Marie Ballgown Wedding Dress 23MS723A02 Color3 CC

image.png.e3fc45645a0e813bc9969665052ddb2a.png

A real person posted wearing the gown in a store. Funny cause her face kind of looks like my face. 

• Like 4

I still have yet to decide my 3rd task. I think I might put my laundry away because I was going to do that yesterday and didn't. 

I'm feeling giddy that I might have found my dress but reality is that I don't think I would fit the highest size right now. I emailed the company to ask the measurements needed to fit it.

On another note, I decided to reach out to a girl whom I was pretty close to in elementary school but we drifted apart come highschool. It's been nice catching up. I don't expect much out of reconnecting but I'm glad to know she's doing well! And she said she always pictured me with lots of puppies ❤️ and I don't know why but that made me smile so much. I think because it means maybe she thought of me from time to time. 

Anyways the night is still young so I might choose a mobility video to follow and hopefully get closer to my 30 minutes active time I'm aiming for. 

Dog tax

Spoiler

PXL_20241020_192350852_MP.thumb.jpg.b206c46e3cf6a6b8a288a198879ceac4.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/21/2024 at 7:44 AM, Rookie said:

Thanks Sal ? I hope so too

I don't know why there's a random ? But it won't let me delete lol I feel like that was a ❤️ not a sassy thanks. 

----

Yay forums are back!

1. Print label finally

2. Put laundry away (finally) 

3. Choose 3 recipes to meal prep and add them to the grocery list

• That's Metal 3