Forums are back in action! ×

"If I could ask for one favor from the Rebellion, it would be..."

catspaw

I don't have prenatal yoga in my city either, but I've been able to stick with Zumba with no trouble so far (including teaching). I have a close friend that owns a Barefoot Fitness gym here as well (kinda similar to crossfit), and she continued teaching/lifting/kettlebells up through 38 weeks!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm specifically looking for prenatal yoga because I'm going to have a VBA2C with my next pregnancy, and I really think that hip flexibility issues were a big Co tributing factor to why I didn't progress last time. I definitely plan to continue my strength training..

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm specifically looking for prenatal yoga because I'm going to have a VBA2C with my next pregnancy, and I really think that hip flexibility issues were a big Co tributing factor to why I didn't progress last time. I definitely plan to continue my strength training..

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/10/episode-336365-improving-the-bottom-position-of-the-squatcleansnatch.html

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/07/episode-280365-mobility-is-about-position-stretch-with-purpose-not-to-warm-up.html

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/06/episode-263365-improving-the-bottom-position-of-your-squat-loaded-happy-baby.html

Just some thoughts.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

I need help in figuring out the most effective way to increase my leg muscle endurance specifically. I failed my 25 in 5 last night, even tho I've done it before successfully, because I was just beat. I'm not recovering fast enough or something. I just had nothing left. Maybe its a mental block, I have no idea. 5 minutes shouldn't be this hard.

Tiffany -Elven Ranger & Derby Girl
STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3
@moxie_hart. Tumblr. Fitocracy

I need a big hug...I'm dealing with some serious stress and self-defeating thoughts right now, and the latter doesn't help with the former.

Stupid brain...why guilt trip me now?!?! :(

Hugs! If you need to talk to someone about anything, feel free to hit me up. I've always got an open ear (usually 2) for anyone that needs it.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

i need the rebellion to pm me the winning numbers to this weekend's lottery drawing... yeah, that would make my week outstandingly better... in lieu of that, if you are unable to furnish this, please give a hug to the person you feel that most needs it this week... :)

Hmmm... I was going to suggest that I am a prince, imprisoned in an African country and all I need is some money to get out.... BUT, I kinda think the lottery numbers would work well for me, too. ;-)

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I need a big hug...I'm dealing with some serious stress and self-defeating thoughts right now, and the latter doesn't help with the former.

Stupid brain...why guilt trip me now?!?! :(

OMG! HUGE HUGS! Lots of them. Me too. Your post last week for me was super. I'm sorry to hear you are stuck in the stupid brain stuff too. HUG!

I got out of it, BTW. Someone here helped and then someone else. And then someone mentioned zombies and I was back to feeling better.

I hope zombies make you feel better.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

In all honesty, it would be kinda cool to have a mentor/mentee thread if interested. E.g. I need help with X and someone volunteers to answer my questions, check my vids, etc. I get we're all not trainers and so on but the advice here, in general, is so fantastic.

I AM going the distance

HUGSSSSS!!!!!! Okay? Need more help?

Hug

Hug

Hug

Hug

And a random WOOT! just cause you are you!

I AM going the distance

OMG! HUGE HUGS! Lots of them. Me too. Your post last week for me was super. I'm sorry to hear you are stuck in the stupid brain stuff too. HUG!

I got out of it, BTW. Someone here helped and then someone else. And then someone mentioned zombies and I was back to feeling better.

I hope zombies make you feel better.

I'm so glad to hear that! I've been worried for two days that I was one of the offensive replies, but I've been too chicken to PM you about it. :)

Glad to know we're still friends!!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I need help in figuring out the most effective way to increase my leg muscle endurance specifically. I failed my 25 in 5 last night, even tho I've done it before successfully, because I was just beat. I'm not recovering fast enough or something. I just had nothing left. Maybe its a mental block, I have no idea. 5 minutes shouldn't be this hard.

Take a break for a few days, eat a bit more (healthy stuff), and try again. :)

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

To give me a hug. I really need one today.

Oh no! Another one!

HUG HUG HUG

Group hug?

I AM going the distance

my favorite group hug of all time: Hug starts around 1:46.

BTW, I treasure you people and there's kleenex on my desk.....

I AM going the distance

watch the whole clip

I AM going the distance

And for the less sentimental:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3555[/ATTACH]

post-5151-13567243935151_thumb.jpg

I AM going the distance

I could use some information on the qualifications/steps to become a ... physical therapist ...

It's typically a doctoral program (there are a few masters programs left, but not many).

The core prereqs are a year of chem, a year of physics, a year of anatomy & physiology, and a semester of statistics. Most programs will also require some psych and general bio; a few require exercise physiology. There are a few other wacky ones depending on where you want to apply.

You'll also need to take the GRE and do some shadowing (those are both on my list for this summer!)

Check out http://www.apta.org/ for a list of accredited programs, and http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=210 for some pretty decent (if sometimes hysterical) discussion on programs, salary, debt, etc.

Good luck, whatever you decide! I'm applying this year or next, depending on a few things. It's been a long road thus far, but I'm three years into prepping for this change and still excited about the field.

Archived