Hey all - I have to keep it ultra simple this time around (feel free to peruse previous threads linked in my sig since I've been kind of out of it the last few months if you're new here).

1) Try to check in here a couple of times a week
2) Try to get to bed before midnight - ideally by 11.

3) Try to get OUT of bed by 8:15a and get in a quick walk before logging into work (except those days I've somehow been bullied into an 8 or 8:30 am meeting - the cretins)

4) Get to the polls - monitor M-W to see if things calm down a bit and go in Friday if I can, Saturday if I can't. I do NOT want to wait until "Election Day"

5) Make it through the election without any physical fights and keep the online BS to a minimum - actually just had a small flame war until the "other" person realized he wasn't replying on a "Public" post but a mutual friend's post. He did a 180 and tried to claim he's not actually "like that and doesn't like to argue on the internet". Yeah, I called his BS there too. I did admit I lobbed the first "political" jab - at Musk, not at any poster - but that's no excuse to attack a person. And really, Musk is literally doing campaign events - but yeah. Whatever. For my mental health and ability to sleep, need to not get baited.

• Like 3

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

1 for 2 getting to bed before midnight

0 for 2 for walking (they're paving our road so not conducive to walking - it really, really needed to be done)

Still monitoring polls - blocking Friday to go vote

Dudes in thread are STILL being sarcastic AF - so I've continued to shame\pants them until they learn to just quietly go away

• Like 2

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).