Forums are back in action! ×

"What’s wrong with females having muscular bodies?"

Lachy

There is nothing wrong with women having muscular bodies. Much like leadchipmunk, I prefer a woman that appears to be able to handle herself, if you know what I mean.

I find a lot of women afraid to lift weights for fear of 'getting big'.

Even my wife was fearful of building too much muscle. The female co-owner of our gym has some good back muscle definition and my wife said she doesn't want to get like that. But now she is getting some definition in her back, and I pointed that out to the lady at the gym. She took a picture and showed it to my wife. I was afraid that she would not like it and cut back on lifting. Instead, she smiled and said "Nice".

I'm very proud of her and I think she secretly likes it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3673[/ATTACH]

post-4925-13567243980509_thumb.jpg

Seriously?

Bradley Cooper was People's Sexiest Man Alive last year.

110.jpg

I fail to see what is unhealthy about this look, nor would I consider him "small". I consider this to be pretty close to the ideal male body as portrayed by the media as well, he certainly is not an outlier.

Uhhh yeah, I fail to see how that could be considered unhealthy at all. So what if he is 150 at 6', I am 150 at 5'11". The difference is that I am out of shape, and this guy isn't.

But yeah this guy coming in at 120 at 5'3" is probably "90's small" (and could kick yer butt to boot!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3679[/ATTACH]

post-4838-1356724398405_thumb.jpg

90's small is pretty much anyone in 'decent' shape strength-wise but extremely low BF%. Brad Pitt in fight club would be a good example. Look at the pictures and notice how his abs don't 'pop'. That pic of Bradley Cooper would be 90's small + about 15lbs of muscle I would guess, but you can clearly see that there is more beef in those abs than Brad Pitt had.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

What is wrong with being toned ? If someone wants to be toned , let them .

The problem that most people here have with that word is that it has nothing to do with your muscles (or your strength), and everything to do with your diet and BF%.

There's nothing wrong with being lean (which is what toned really is), but the word "toned" generally carries an implication of a workout involving 3lb dumbbells, which is silly.

Uhhh yeah, I fail to see how that could be considered unhealthy at all. So what if he is 150 at 6', I am 150 at 5'11". The difference is that I am out of shape, and this guy isn't.

If he's 6' tall he's WAY bigger than 150 lb, heck he's in the 200 lb area or more if 6'. He's bigger than I am by a decent margin and I'm 190 @ 6'1".

90's small is pretty much anyone in 'decent' shape strength-wise but extremely low BF%. Brad Pitt in fight club would be a good example. Look at the pictures and notice how his abs don't 'pop'. That pic of Bradley Cooper would be 90's small + about 15lbs of muscle I would guess, but you can clearly see that there is more beef in those abs than Brad Pitt had.

The thing about that is that I've never seen Brad Pitt in Fight Club as a media portrayal of a perfect male body in the 90's. The role and movie required someone small to really work right. I see Marky Mark's Calvin Klein ads as the media's ideal male body from the 90's.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Atlethic women are awesome.

Had a body builder friend post a link today on fb

http://www.simplyshredded.com/jaimie-bernhardt.html

Not sure how heavy "lifting heavy" is in this case and while I've seen pictures of woman sprinters with much better physiques (in my opinion) I'm personally of the opinion that if you want to get into shape (whatever that shape is for you) and it makes you happy then screw whoever has an issue with it ;). It's all better than sitting on the couch stuffing your face.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I think muscular women are beautiful and I aspire to be one (fit muscular - not body builder muscular like in above picture, they scare me), however, I will say as a 28y/o girl in the dating pool, I hear guys say all the time how much they love fit women, and think a girl who can squat or lift or *insert whatever* are so hot..... but then the toothpick girl walks by and that is where their attention remains, lol. Oh well.

I've always had a "type" for my skinny boys (waist smaller than mine on my best days, no problem) but I also have a family of tall skinny men so it was is what I grew up to know (also why I have a thing for Tom Selleck mustaches I guess). Never been into the big muscular guys. They look good, dont get me wrong, just not my cup of tea. I've always liked my "skinny boy muscles". But I hate hipsters, so it's a no win in my dating life, lol.

"What’s wrong with females having muscular bodies?"

What's wrong is that there aren't enough of them. Especially in my general vicinity...

I've been to Boston. I know that is false. You've got plenty around you. Now here in Texas not so much. They're too spread out.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Had a body builder friend post a link today on fb

http://www.simplyshredded.com/jaimie-bernhardt.html

Not sure how heavy "lifting heavy" is in this case and while I've seen pictures of woman sprinters with much better physiques (in my opinion) I'm personally of the opinion that if you want to get into shape (whatever that shape is for you) and it makes you happy then screw whoever has an issue with it ;). It's all better than sitting on the couch stuffing your face.

OMG she's smokin hawt!!!

Edit:

Maybe it's just the underboobs.....lol,

But she's gorgeous!

I've been to Boston. I know that is false. You've got plenty around you. Now here in Texas not so much. They're too spread out.

Alright, you got me, I'm surrounded by them. I'm just being greedy.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Archived