Forums are back in action! ×

You know you're a nerd when...

ThePuma

When you fall off your bike and Pass your Ward Save!

When half of your exercising songs are from Video Games

When you can give motivational speeches using Video game Characters as the example.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

OMGOMG You're super excited to read this in your morning news feed! "Fans of the cyberpunk novel Snow Crash have reason to rejoice today, as it’s been announced that the film adaptation of Neal Stephenson’s classic has been revived once again, this time with an exciting writer and director at the helm in the form of Joe Cornish."

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

When one of your most cherished possessions is an email reply from George RR Martin

445150b2-b361-5bd7.jpg

Word has it that this map is what inspired him to have the

maps redone for Dance with Dragons, in which case means I have a very tiny contribution to the books by bringing it to his notice.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Oh, true that.

While I love LOTR, it is NOT the grand sweeping saga that JRR Tolkien wrote, and which I insisted on reading aloud to my new husband when I married him. It was almost a condition of marrying me!

I could not get into the books... Tolkein is a masterful writer, but after seeing the movies I ust could not read through pages describing a dale that has no significance to the story and will not be revisited later. Please excuse me if I have the exact details wrong, it has been years since I attempted reading it.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

You know you're a nerd when...you are convinced that the puzzles from games like 'The Adventures of Lolo' are tougher than what kids deal with today (except that silly musical thing on GoW3...stupid finger dexterity).

You know you're a nerd when...discussing baseball you stop referring to stats such as AVG, HR, and RBI, and refer to BABIP, OPS, and WAR, and know how to calculate each, noting how you've captured each player in the season.

Heh, I'd hate to see some of you guys geek out on Eureka picking it apart.

I love Eureka. Seriously.

Me too! I used to watch it all the time until right about the point where they went back to the 1940s(?). After that I slowly just started getting out of it.

... You have a bumper sticker that says "My other car is a TARDIS" and you start to develop a bit of a British accent from watching back-to-back episodes of Doctor Who and/or Torchwood.

I have done the accent thing. But for some reason, I'm much more likely to start using the British spelling or words if I watch too much BBC.

Level 1 Woodwose

When one of your most cherished possessions is an email reply from George RR Martin

Word has it that this map is what inspired him to have the

maps redone for Dance with Dragons, in which case means I have a very tiny contribution to the books by bringing it to his notice.

+1 Internet for you sir

I've never seen TBBT but people automatically assume I have. My best moment is when 2 people independently got in touch to ask if 'house' was based on me .... or if I had a hand in writing Sherlock because half of what moriarty said they'd heard from me years ago ;)

I had a friend at uni who was told by pratchett himself that if they ever made a film of te discworld ... He'd be Rincewind.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

You sing children's songs at home in front of your friends. I do teach preschool, but one can only sing The Tiny Turtle and Herman the Worm so many time.

Gnome Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2/DEX 1/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm from Canada so I have always used the British spellings ;) It should really be called the "everyone but America spelling" XD

Ours is more half-and-half, at least the way I spell :P I would use tire over tyre, but colour instead of color. Stuff like realize/realise just confuses me. When I went on study abroad to Australia last year it was like being in an alternate universe where things were just a little bit off. I didn't get penalized for my weird spelling though, so it all worked out :)

I'm from Canada so I have always used the British spellings ;) It should really be called the "everyone but America spelling" XD

Can we agree on the "Queen's English" for British/Canadian/Australian and the "right way" for American?

Level 1 Woodwose

Archived