Forums are back in action! ×

Blood Donation

SpiralGalaxy

So yesterday there was a blood drive at work. I went to donate, but my blood iron level was 1% too low. That happens a lot, I can usually only donate 50% of the time I try. But this blood drive went over 2 days. So last night I made a big batch of beef + kidney beans sloppy joes (with carrot & celery & garlic... yum!) and today my blood passed with flying colors. Sometimes a big batch of red meat is the right answer. :highly_amused:

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

So yesterday there was a blood drive at work. I went to donate, but my blood iron level was 1% too low. That happens a lot, I can usually only donate 50% of the time I try. But this blood drive went over 2 days. So last night I made a big batch of beef + kidney beans sloppy joes (with carrot & celery & garlic... yum!) and today my blood passed with flying colors. Sometimes a big batch of red meat is the right answer. :highly_amused:

I gave blood on Monday. I went for several years and they would never let me give as I was always below the iron limits. THen started to eat more paleo and now I always pass the blood iron test. Heres to a good steak :biggrin-new:

Archived