Forums are back in action! ×

A Vicarious Challenge to all NF'ers.

tvc.png

The Vicarious Challenge: A Challenge to All Nerd Fitness Participants

Help me work out Vicariously through you

Good evening/morning/afternoon to all you Nerds out there!

Recently, I have been thinking about some things and getting more into fitness. Then I thought that some people might have be having the same issues that I'm having as well. So, now it's time to give you all the fruits of my labor. It's a freaking challenge thread! Not just your ordinary challenges, nothing too extreme or crazy, but hear me out. Okay, so I'm going to post my cell phone number here on the forums in a spelled out fashion. Then you, the nerds of fitness, shall proceed to text/call me at any time of the day, once the text/call has been placed, you will tell me do an exercise of any kind, within the realm of possibility and physical limitations. (I will get to this later in the rules section) I will then proceed to do this exercise and not stop till it is done. The catch is, you ALSO have to do it as well. So if you tell me to do 15 push-ups, you have to do the same thing, right away at the same time.

Yes, this will be based on the honor system till I can get my IP camera working in my office, at that time, you can actually watch me do the exercises in real time just to make sure that I am doing them. Below are the rules of the challenge and what can and cannot happen during this time. I will be constantly updating another thread in the Battle Logs section of the forums to go over what I have been doing and is currently going on.

RULES AND REGULATIONS!

(Rules are subject to change. Additions and removal of rules can happen at anytime with or without warning, please make sure to read up.)

• The exercise must be short and simple. (No telling me to go run 3 miles, etc etc.)
  • If you text me, please include your forum name with the text. This way, I can track what is happening.
  • If you call me, you do NOT have to use your real name, but please tell me your forum name.
  • You MUST do the same exercise that you have told me to do. Time frame is not a problem.
  • PLEASE, do NOT give out my cell phone number to your friends and/or family. This is trustful forum with pretty cool people, so I expect the same professional and courteous demeanor from everyone.

EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE TO ME:

This will help in identifying what can be done by me here in the house. I obviously can go running outside, as I do not have a treadmill yet.

• Bench Press
  • Full Style Home Gym
  • Free Weights
  • Jump Rope
  • Punching Bag
  • Yoga Equipment
  • Chairs
  • Tables
  • Stairs
  • Random other things

THE PHONE NUMBER!

(If you are international, I can still accept your challenges, you just have to dial the +1 for the United States)

Vicarious Ink (or Brandon)

If you would like to take me up on this challenge, please send me a PM or leave a message on my profile page. After this has been done, I will message you on the forum with my phone number, this way, you can text/call me with y our challenges. Basically, it will be like a personal work out buddy.

LINKS and OTHER STUFF:

The Vicarious Challenge Battle Log: Here

Other Challengers to be Challenged as Well:

Leadchipmunk - Here

LorenWade - Here

If you have any questions/concerns/comments/woohoos/etc you can post them here and let me know what is going on. I appreciate your consideration and hopefully this goes over really well for everyone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Ogre Monk|

My Challenge to all NF'ers

Notes:

- PLEASE remember that I live in the desert and currently the temperatures are sitting at 125 degrees at any given time during the day. Any running requests will be done in the early morning or late at night. Please be patient with me, for as soon as the temperatures go down, I will begin more running during the day time.

- Currently my sleep times are: 5:00AM PSD (7:00AM Central, 8:00AM Eastern) - 12:00PM (2:00PM Central, 3:00PM Eastern) You do not have to bide by this, but please remember that if you call me, I will make every attempt to pick up, if I do not pick up, please leave a message with your challenge and if you want me to call you back, please leave your phone number. Please remember to say your forum name on the message. Same goes for texts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Ogre Monk|

My Challenge to all NF'ers

Love it. PM'd!

I also request that people solve the following math problem (or copy and paste into Google) to get my phone number and text me a challenge. Or you could PM me for the number if you wish.

(331*26*10)^2-1474

Some rules for myself.

-Texts only, I most likely will not answer calls coming from unknown numbers

-Leave your NF username in the message and in any other challenges you send me. I may save them, I may not so for tracking purposes, I want to know who you are.

-I have very limited equipment (basically 20 and 35 pound dumbbells, and whatever makeshift equipment I can find) so please try to limit it to bodyweight exercises. I am willing to accommodate other stuff if at all possible.

-I will reply that challenge has been accepted when I read the message, if I am asleep, then you will get a reply when I wake. I will also reply when the challenge is complete.

-I am relatively (quite) out of shape, so if I cannot complete the challenge in 1 set, I shall give myself 24 hours from the time the message reached my phone (sms time stamp).

-If I cannot finish it in that time frame, I will send you a message saying I failed and you can give me a punishment. It can be pretty much anything, doesn't have to be exercises. These will be completed to the best of my abilities.

Finally, be willing to accept that I may send you a challenge within 24 hours (of getting your challenge) for both of us to also complete.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Oh, MAN, what a cool idea!

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Oh how I wish I had the courage to do this with you all! You are badasses - I'm a middle-aged woman who does yoga LoL - definitely NOT your speed!! LoL - how fun though. Have there been many challengers?

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

This is amazing. I too have been off my game completely for about 3 weeks after being proper ill and run down. Today I picked myself back up and found a paper clip small enough un-bend and hit my reset button. So I love this idea to spice things up. PM sent!! Although I am in the UK and trans-Atlantic texts might get costly, so may have to find some other ways to get challenges over to you. I shall also see the challenge and offer up my number via PM. Especially if people in England are looking to pick this up!!

My equipment is:

Bench

Exercise mat

Dumbbells

(soon to have a pull up bar also)

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

I should probably post some rules for sending me challenges as others have done.

I am based in the UK so please bare that in mind with differing time zones.

I work 08:00 - 17:00 (GMT) and I can not answer my mobile at work. Therefore leave a text or voice mail with your forum name on it and I will get back to you when I have accepted and then completed / fail the challenge.

If you PM me I will also give you my facebook email address so that you can send challenges that way (probably cheaper than sending lots of texts across the pond)

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

Archived