Forums are back in action! ×

1000 LB Club!

So tonight when I was doing dead lifts I hit a new PR of 425 for 1 rep. Then I realized that with my recent jump in squats (doing 325 3x5), I was only 250 away from 1000 lb club not including testing my 1 rep max squat (just using working weight). So I did an impromptu 1RM bench test and got 265! That put me at 1015 lb!

1000 lb club has been a goal for me since high school football (class of '04) where we got a shirt if we made it. Only 3-5 guys did it a year. My best total at the time was only about 700 at best. It may be 8 years late, but I finally got it.

I'm guessing my squat max is around 365-375, and I could probably get another 5-10 lb on bench and dead lift if I was fresh (started all this at the end of my workout). I may be able to get 1200 by the end of the year!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Grrrrrr....you beat me to it!

That's awesome! Great numbers too! I hope to be joining the 1000lb ranks soon myself. I may actually be there, but haven't tested my puny bench press 1RM recently. Using what I know I can do, I'm sitting at 975 total, but am pretty sure I could bump up my squat and bench more than my last 1RM efforts.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Thanks guys!

Grrrrrr....you beat me to it!

That's awesome! Great numbers too! I hope to be joining the 1000lb ranks soon myself. I may actually be there, but haven't tested my puny bench press 1RM recently. Using what I know I can do, I'm sitting at 975 total, but am pretty sure I could bump up my squat and bench more than my last 1RM efforts.

You got me on deads though. I'm coming for you, I'm hoping for 500 by the end of the year.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You got me on deads though. I'm coming for you, I'm hoping for 500 by the end of the year.

We've got the same goal. Let's both hit our 500 by the end of the year!

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Oh geez, the last thing my wife is gonna want to hear is that I have MOAR motivation to get to the gym. I told her I want 300/400/500 by the end of the year last night and she groaned, and now this. Oh well, guess she'll have to put up with it til we get a house. PvPvP it is!

We doing just deads or big 3 totals? Anything at stake or we basiclly just rooting each other on, you two being my virtual sidekicks, the Robin and Batgirl to my Batman?

500 / 330 / 625

We doing just deads or big 3 totals? Anything at stake or we basiclly just rooting each other on, you two being my virtual sidekicks, the Robin and Batgirl to my Batman?

I say just deads, because while Long Arms = Awesome Deads, the down side is Long Arms = Sucky Bench. I've come to terms with that for now.

I'm in for stakes because nothing motivates me more than losing a bet :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Oh geez, the last thing my wife is gonna want to hear is that I have MOAR motivation to get to the gym. I told her I want 300/400/500 by the end of the year last night and she groaned, and now this. Oh well, guess she'll have to put up with it til we get a house. PvPvP it is!

Dibs on Robin.....bigm had his chance not to be Batgirl while I was at lunch.

I say just deads, because while Long Arms = Awesome Deads, the down side is Long Arms = Sucky Bench. I've come to terms with that for now.

I'm in for stakes because nothing motivates me more than losing a bet :D

Batgirl, I agree....just deads this time around. My bench sucks too, and seeing how Corey may already be ~1200 combined weight puts me way way way behind.

Also down for stakes....ideas?

High school called and said its ok to be a late bloomer.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Dibs on Robin.....bigm had his chance not to be Batgirl while I was at lunch.

Pretty sure that for just deads, you are Batman, in which case, dibs on Robin. Bigm is still Batgirl.

I have no idea about stakes. What about losers buy the winner steaks or something?

500 / 330 / 625

Did I just hear the earth shake?

Yep....now I have Martika stuck in my head. So I won't be alone in this...I have to share:

I feel the earth move under my feet

I feel the sky tumbling down - tumbling down

I feel my heart start to trembling

Whenever you're around

What about losers buy the winner steaks or something?
Stakes are steaks and cakes? :D

Perfect! Done!

I just checked my Wendler cycle sheet and the Dec. cycle will put me at 500 1RM. I may have to retest next week (deload week) since I haven't tried for max since the winter strength showdown.

Edit: Also, that would put me at about 2.5BW DL. Which means I finally would surpass spezzy in BW multiples. (I'll have to start using the Wilks coefficients for comparison I guess. Raw Poundage -> BW multiples -> Wilks)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Stakes are steaks and cakes? :D

And there it is!

I'm gonna need a plan here. Gotta beat 4 1/2 months if Bigm stays on track...

500 / 330 / 625

Archived