Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Hi K-Prime :) and no, I have never watched that show, but I love the relationship between Tig and Venus on Sons of Anarchy. I think it's wonderful how they have a transgendered woman on that show...it was unexpected to me, not to mention, the man playing the character is an actor I love, so that just makes it all the better :D 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Oh cool! I had no idea they broke out a trans storyline on SOA. That definitely bumps it up on the list of shows I need to check out, especially now that it's winter. 

It's really nice to see the small amount of LGBTQ characters slowly increasing, especially with the growing popularity of cable TV shows (SOA, Looking, etc.) I'm just going back and watching "Happy Endings" right now and it's crazy to see how far we've come since the character of Max. Or The L Word. :P

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

Right, and there are a few different versions of the alphabet soup now. Seriously, don't feel bad. I'm a lesbian and I still have to look up LGBTQIAQ to remember what every letter means. ;)

Now there are 8 letters? I feel like I've been living in a cave :D

Ok so let's see if I got this right without the aid of Google:

L esbian

G ay

B isexual

T ransexual

Q ueer

I don't know

A sexual? Androgynous? Something else?

Q ueerer than queer

Okay I give up. Googling...

I ntersexual

A llies

Q uestioning

OtakuBosatsu

Level 1 Lycan. Druid/Monk at heart, training with the Assassins
STR 7|DEX 5.75|STA 4|CON 3|WIS 3.75|CHA 3

My blog, "Zen, Music, and Movement": http://raffyayaladvo.wordpress.com/

Heyo! Just wanted to step in and say hi. I'm a queer girl living in Vancouver, Canada with my partner of 3 years and our two dogs (basset hound and pitbull/Rhodesian ridgeback X). I was already digging on NF, but I absolutely love that this thread is here. 

I also love the crush potential between Agent Simmons and Bobbi Morse on the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Anyone else pick up on that? ;)

i request pictures of the puppies!

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Now there are 8 letters? I feel like I've been living in a cave

i think there are more now actually, we were all talking about an R a bunch of pages back :P this is why i just use "queer community" and / or GSM (gender/sexual minority). 

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Heyo! Just wanted to step in and say hi. I'm a queer girl living in Vancouver, Canada with my partner of 3 years and our two dogs (basset hound and pitbull/Rhodesian ridgeback X). I was already digging on NF, but I absolutely love that this thread is here. 

I also love the crush potential between Agent Simmons and Bobbi Morse on the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Anyone else pick up on that? ;)

If by crush potential you mean that I'm a straight guy with a crush on both of them, then yes.

If by crush on each other, yes, I picked up on that too.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The A is for Asexual and/or Androgynous. A is not for Allies. They do not need a letter and representation in the queer umbrella.

I definitely always read it as Asexual, was kind of peeved that Google had it as Allies.

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free

I introduced myself a while ago but then I kind of disappeared off of the boards for a few months, so I'm re-introducing myself! I'm an aromantic asexual, I live in Virginia right now but I'm moving to Los Angeles this summer. I have two cats that I am obsessed with taking pictures of (my phone is constantly yelling at me for low storage and I'm always like "I only have 10 songs on here! I have barely any apps! Where is all this memory going?" *scrolls through 300 cat pictures* "Ohhhhhhh right"). Ummmmmmmmmmmm I don't know what else to say? HI!

• Like 4

Current challenge: Respawn Time!

Yay Agents of SHIELD! I'm obsessed with that show. And YES. I did pick up on that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I watch the show with my best friend, who is a gay man and obsesses over any hint of a gay relationship in anything he watches (or at least anything we watch together), and every week he's like "So, do you think Fitz and Mack will hook up this time?"

I introduced myself a while ago but then I kind of disappeared off of the boards for a few months, so I'm re-introducing myself! I'm an aromantic asexual, I live in Virginia right now but I'm moving to Los Angeles this summer. I have two cats that I am obsessed with taking pictures of (my phone is constantly yelling at me for low storage and I'm always like "I only have 10 songs on here! I have barely any apps! Where is all this memory going?" *scrolls through 300 cat pictures* "Ohhhhhhh right"). Ummmmmmmmmmmm I don't know what else to say? HI!

Three hundred cat pictures? Pffft. Amateurs. I have over six hundred. And we only have one cat.

• Like 3

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Yay Agents of SHIELD! I'm obsessed with that show. And YES. I did pick up on that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I watch the show with my best friend, who is a gay man and obsesses over any hint of a gay relationship in anything he watches (or at least anything we watch together), and every week he's like "So, do you think Fitz and Mack will hook up this time?"

Welcome back! Glad to find another S.H.I.E.L.D. obsessive. It's the show I'm using to suck my partner into the wonderful world of Marvel. 

And you are not the first person I've heard mention the Fitz/Mack pairing haha. Fack? Mitz? Oh, the slash fiction potential!

• Like 1

- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

Welcome back! Glad to find another S.H.I.E.L.D. obsessive. It's the show I'm using to suck my partner into the wonderful world of Marvel. 

And you are not the first person I've heard mention the Fitz/Mack pairing haha. Fack? Mitz? Oh, the slash fiction potential!

I've heard people call it "FitzMack" which is stupid because if you're just going to use their whole names it obviously should be "MackFitz," pronounced as if it's someone with the last name McFitz (not unlike FitzSimmons which I only just now realized).

Sorry to everyone on this thread who doesn't watch Agents of SHIELD. It's our thread now, suckas!

• Like 1

I've heard people call it "FitzMack" which is stupid because if you're just going to use their whole names it obviously should be "MackFitz," pronounced as if it's someone with the last name McFitz (not unlike FitzSimmons which I only just now realized).

Sorry to everyone on this thread who doesn't watch Agents of SHIELD. It's our thread now, suckas!

It's fine. I should really start watching that show. Keep putting it off (same with getting caught up with OUAT) because of college.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

lmao y'all are funny!

I'm starting to be a crazy dog picture person, I have like ten of him sleeping! (thats more pictures than I have of my children on my Ipad, for comparison) I am WAYYYYYYYYY too OCD about storage capacity to ever have several hundred! LOL!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I'm starting to be a crazy dog picture person, I have like ten of him sleeping! (thats more pictures than I have of my children on my Ipad, for comparison) I am WAYYYYYYYYY too OCD about storage capacity to ever have several hundred! LOL!

That's because pets sleeping is the single cutest thing ever to their owner. ;) I find myself always flipping through all my pics of the mutts when I'm out of town, but I don't know if that makes it better or worse for me...

- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

I'm a crazy chicken picture taker.

Odd niche, I know...but I love 'em.

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

That's because pets sleeping is the single cutest thing ever to their owner. ;) I find myself always flipping through all my pics of the mutts when I'm out of town, but I don't know if that makes it better or worse for me...

This weekend I spent the night at my parents' house, and it was literally ONE NIGHT but I found myself going through pictures of my cats (I have two) and getting really sad. I might have a problem.

• Like 1

I'm a crazy chicken picture taker.

Odd niche, I know...but I love 'em.

Have you ever been to Hawaii? I went there for a vacation for the 1st time last year and they actually have wild chickens roaming around EVERYWHERE. It's weird to get used to.

- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram