Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Okay, relationship question time: how big of a deal is age? Because I've been talking to a really nice girl, but she's kinda three years older than I, and in most relationships the ages are pretty well matched, or the girl is ahead. Now I'm inclined to say "I don't give a damn" but is that the right idea?

This isn't like super-serious or anything. Just wondering what the man council thinks.

3 years? No big deal IMO....the oldest I ever dated was about 4-5 years older than I was, 28 vs 32. Youngest was my recent ex....she was 26 and I'm 33.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Okay, relationship question time: how big of a deal is age? Because I've been talking to a really nice girl, but she's kinda three years older than I, and in most relationships the ages are pretty well matched, or the girl is ahead. Now I'm inclined to say "I don't give a damn" but is that the right idea?

This isn't like super-serious or anything. Just wondering what the man council thinks.

My partner is five years older than me. I'm currently 34, which isn't so big a deal, but we started out ten years ago. Before that, I was in a relationship with someone nine years older than me. Actually, I think I've only ever slept with one person younger than I was at the time...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Age is irrelevant. As long as you like each other and get along and stuff then go for it. And honestly, 3 years is nothing.

Correction: if it doesn't bother you, 3 years is nothing. Hell my aunt and uncle have been together 25 years, and they're 20 years apart, roughly.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Age is irrelevant.

As long as everyone is legal. ;)

True. I guess that never even occurred to me because I can't stand women who are my age or younger. Some of them may be nice to look at but generally younger women are so horrifyingly PAINFUL to talk to. In a god awful way. It seems to take them FOREVER to grow out of that irritating "teenager" mindset, if you know what I mean.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

True. I guess that never even occurred to me because I can't stand women who are my age or younger. Some of them may be nice to look at but generally younger women are so horrifyingly PAINFUL to talk to. In a god awful way. It seems to take them FOREVER to grow out of that irritating "teenager" mindset, if you know what I mean.

Lol, I'm not sure it's unique to chicks.  This seems relevant.

MjAxMy0zOGE4ZDQ3OGFlZjExODE1_50fa1465a15

Safety razor blades are like $10 for 15 blades in most grocery stores or drug stores.

Those must be some sweet blades, the DE blades at my local drugstore are only $3 for 10 and I felt like I was paying too much. Amazon has some nice DE blades for .05 each if you like Astra though.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Awww, you're all grown up :)

See, my first thought was ""Dude, that sucks.  Shaving is annoying.

But I guess what bigm said holds true, too.  But so much extra time in the morning.... unless you grow a beard like all the cool kids. B)

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Because I think in terms of relevant xkcd's, I couldn't help but think of this when reading all of the above.

I love that one. Every time I see it I run through a few ages to make sure it's correct. I even graphed the upper and lower boundaries once and sent it to a buddy of mine who we always made fun of for hitting on/dating younger girls. My wife was the bestm if her little brother brought his girlfriend or friends around us(they were 16, we were 20) she would jokingly warn them to watch out for my buddy in front of him. this of course always led to them flirting with him and him having an awkward night warding them off.

This is completely true. We feel like we're early 20 somethings until we try to hang with them, then it can be painful depending on who it is and their maturity level.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Because I think in terms of relevant xkcd's, I couldn't help but think of this when reading all of the above.

HAHA! Yes, the (Age/2)+7 rule....how did I forget about that!

The closest I ever got to the extremes of that range was dating a 19 year old when I was 25....she was at the very bottom of that range. But this is a great example.

25 year old with 19 year old = 6 year difference.

25 year old range = 19.5-36

Verge of creepy

vs my last relationship

33 year old with 26 year old = 7 year difference

33 year old range = 23.5-52

Not at all creepy

Now, in my current range, would I date a 52 year old? No. 24 year old, doubtful, but the 7 year difference between me and my past relationship didn't at all feel creepy. The only age problems we ran into was relating to how each other grew up. She knew next to nothing of the 80's, and recently went to a 90's party dressed like she was living in the late 80's *sigh* :)

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I'm 31 and I could still get away with not shaving every day if I wanted.  When I use my safety razor the shave is so close I have very little growth the next day.  It's frustrating when I think about a beard or mustache but when I'm staying clean shaven it's nice.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So I'm buying a new hair and beard trimmer and a safety razor this weekend, I'm thinking about doing some sweet mutton chops for a Saint Patricks days race, I'll have to take pics

As for the age thing, my wife is 5 years older than me, and we have been married 7 years, so really it's not that big of thing unless it's in the creepy range

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

The closest I ever got to the extremes of that range was dating a 19 year old when I was 25....she was at the very bottom of that range. But this is a great example.

Verge of creepy

vs my last relationship

Not at all creepy

Now, in my current range, would I date a 52 year old? No. 24 year old, doubtful, but the 7 year difference between me and my past relationship didn't at all feel creepy. The only age problems we ran into was relating to how each other grew up. She knew next to nothing of the 80's, and recently went to a 90's party dressed like she was living in the late 80's *sigh* :)

Just a tip, once you hit 19/20 the number stays at 18 as the youngest until you are 23 (becomes 18.5) Though the math works out differently, a 20 year old dating a 17 year old is bordering the creep range. 

Not mention that when you're 20 and she's 17, she'll seem like she's mentally challenged and it'll be irritating as all get out. Lol.

Verge of creepy

vs my last relationship

Not at all creepy

Just a tip, once you hit 19/20 the number stays at 18 as the youngest until you are 23 (becomes 18.5) Though the math works out differently, a 20 year old dating a 17 year old is bordering the creep range.

Agreed!

Guest Snake McClain

On another topic, anyone else have the issue with legs falling asleep when sitting on the bowl for too long? Happens to me now and again, then I'm walking around the bathroom trying to look like I can actually feel my feet, the whole time waiting for those damned pins and needles.

yup. happens to me regularly. :(

I say this. I've dated older than me. A few times. They tend to be pretty solid relationships. In my experience it gets away from the crappy immature women. There is always something intelligent to talk about. but that could be just my experience. In THAT case the age doesn't matter as long as you are both in somewhat of the same general place in life or that those differences don't matter to each and both of you. Don't date a woman terribly younger than you though. it can be a mess. trust me.

This photo pretty much sums up exactly what I meant by the previous statement. 

http://www.dorcousa.com/ I've heard this is where the dollar shave club gets their stuff. I've got some. Not sure if it's better or worse than schick/gilette, but it sure is a lot cheaper!

*sneaks in*

best razors ive ever used:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008O82O7C/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*sneaks out*

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

6 Blades? They are making them with six now? That's 5 more than is at all necessary, 6 more if you just want an awesome beard. 

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Spezzy is clearly abusing her power as admin to come in and troll on us ;)

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks, Spezzy. For the record, I was taught to shave by my mother. The process is much the same - just different areas of body hair.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/