Forums are back in action! ×

I too, would like to rebel

So I decided I wanted to do this like a week ago, but then couldn't come up with anything to say in an introduction post, so I didn't. Then I came to the realization that, holy crap self, you're making excuses to procrastinate getting started on a journey that's about not making excuses. This is the opportunity to do something about that!

I am a super-elite-all-pro excuse maker. I'm pretty happy with my overall fitness level (of course there's always more bodyfat to shed...), but I really want to get from exercising "somewhere from 2-5 times/week depending on blahdyblahblahblahdiddyblah" to working out 6x/week as a matter of habit. So I am hoping a challenge will help me do that, and also lead to building some more "Getting things done" skills in other areas of life as well.

Affekonig, level 6 Númenórean Druid STR 10|DEX 12|STA 10.5|CON 8|WIS 7|CHA 6.5

Welcome! I came here a year ago and am still trying to get over Good Enough Syndrome. Winning mostly (I trained for a half marathon this year! And started strength training for real!) but it can be too easy to let diet and exercise slip when you're doing "alright" and "pretty well".

Here's to building healthy habits!

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

This forum is definately about doing it. The current 6-week challange already started, but heck, join anyway. I'm not a joiner myself, but I've joined here, and did everything (challange, signature, avatar...) to make the commitment. Good luck, and we'll be looking for more posts.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Good luck Affekonig! I like your prose. Are you one of those perfectionist types?

Here's to getting more things done!

Ah-ha! You may have figured me out. Being an engineer in a regulated industry certainly doesn't mitigate that behaviour either. Mistakes mean potential harm to patients!

Affekonig, level 6 Númenórean Druid STR 10|DEX 12|STA 10.5|CON 8|WIS 7|CHA 6.5

Welcome in Affekonig!!! Love the attitude!!! Getting things done rock!!!! Believe me i used the sentence "i haven't started to procrastinate yet" a lot before i joined NF!

Cheers

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Archived