Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everybody. I am a father of two beautiful girls, a two year old and a nine year old. I am married. I have been practicing tkd for almost a year now. I am here to get healthier. I am looking for simple info. I am tired of being overwhelmed by all of the different info out there. I want simple routines I can do anywhere. I do not want to have to go to the gym to become fit. I work 50 to 60 hours a week and do not want to have to spend hours in the gym. I am looking for flexability and to get lean. TKD has become a passion of mine and I want to be able to make the most of it. I am traking my food using myfitnesspal and also using a bodymedia fit link.

level 2 human monkSTR 5.32|DEX 1|STA 3.32|CON 6|WIS 3|CHA 2

Welcome to the rebellion!!!

There are many links on the blog for strength routines and flexibility stuff take a look!

These are quite simple to do at home (i hate gyms myself). I hope these can help you some!

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Hi welcome to Nerd Fitness. If my assumption is right, you are somehow already fit. Maybe you should try these workouts. If you find these too easy, you should start doing the advanced weight circuit training. Good luck to you sir!

"If what you did yesterday was your best, you haven't done anything today""

Body Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 5'8

Lifting Stats as of Aug 14, 2013
Bench Press: 240 lbs 5RM
Squat: 325 lbs 5RM
Overhead Press: 140lbs 4RM
Deadlift: 345lbs 5RM

If you want a take-anywhere workout I would recommend the angry birds, bodyweight, and hotel workouts offered by NF here. Taekwondo will honestly be pretty good increasing your flexibility but, if you want some supplemental activities. this link has some good exercises for every part of the body except the hips (there are some but, not as a targetted area) but, you have TKD for that. Kicks Kicks Kicks Kicks Kicks!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Archived