Forums are back in action! ×

I ran for 5 minutes!

BeastMistres

Twice! When I started the c25k, just looking ahead to the 5 minute run scared the crap outta me. The first week, I seriously was out of breath during the 1 minute jogs. Not a huge woot in comparison to some of the things I've seen on here, but it's a big one for me, I'm proud of myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 Slayer Ranger

STR-4.5 DEX-3 STA-6.5 CON-4.5 WIS-5 CHA-3

C25K is awesome. Yeah, I had never run a mile without stopping before that, was always huffing and puffing after half a lap. You can do it! It's totally worth it when you run an hour for the first time ever.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

twothirdsbeth, level 1 scout

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

Challenges: 1

Mileage Since 09/26: 4.5 miles

5 minutes of running is nothing to sneeze at, way to go!!!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

That's fantastic!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Congratulations, well done. I feel the same way, I always struggle with running when my friends can bust out runs like its their job with little training. 5 minutes is a huge accomplishment. I want to run a half marathon in a year (hopefully plenty of time to train). I am going to start just by running a half mile a day and work up. I can do a half mile, but anything more than that is tough. It doesn't matter about the speed, the speed will come in time. Anyway, I'm proud of you and excited to say I'm starting the same journey myself.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."

--Bruce Lee

Archived