Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Patty, married with three grown kids (well two are seniors in HS but they'll be 18 in March so they're basically grown). I just turned 50 and I want to get back in shape. I was probably in my best shape ever before I got married 25 years ago ... I used to run and lift weights and go dancing and swim and everything. But I was disabled for 12 years and my stats have gone down the tubes due to that, plus I'm 60 pounds overweight (5'9" and 205 pounds).

So today's another day! I'm working on the paleo diet (my biggest challenge has been bread but it seems like I've gotten some wheat sensitivity and I don't feel well after eating it so in a way that helps me stay on the wagon) and I garden as much as I can. My stamina has taken the biggest hit so I can't do very much for very long but I keep plugging along. :)

ETA:

Bit more about me should anyone be interested.

Anduril, level 3 human adventurer

(ranger wannabe)
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 6.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Intro thread | Daily Journal
Top weight 211, currently 184, goal weight 150 (5' 8-1/2")

Life has no remote; you have to get up and change it yourself.

Umm, nobody's mentioned this yet, but I'm just gonna say it... "was disabled?"!!! Do you have any idea how rare it is to hear that referred to in the past tense??!!?? You are, in my opinion, officially awesome.

It's been intense, and I still have my times, but I can work from home and things are good. :D

Anduril, level 3 human adventurer

(ranger wannabe)
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 6.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Intro thread | Daily Journal
Top weight 211, currently 184, goal weight 150 (5' 8-1/2")

Life has no remote; you have to get up and change it yourself.

Belated welcome from another "mature" rebel (I will be 53 in December). And we have 5 grown (out of the house and on their own) kids.

great quote.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Archived