Forums are back in action! ×

Just discovering Paleo brought me here....

To begin I will say that I started my journey 2 years ago. I was 285 pounds of food lovin fun. I started to track what I was eating and was appalled at what I found. So I started gettin busy!

Then I tried to run and failed miserably. So I bought a bike. No impact, and fun!

I was a on fire for a change in my life. I tried it all. Atkins.... Yep, worked great... right up until I stoppped.... Didn't change the habits that I had forged for years. The oatmeal diet... . didn't work for me for long, now I can't stand the stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6061[/ATTACH]

Dancing with my daughter. 285 pounds

Then I found this Gym that I really loved. Class based, high impact fitness. Kickboxing, weight lifting and.. "The Zone Diet". I started eating a 20/40/40 diet and learned about lean meats and vegtables are the way to go. Low fat, with high amounts of what I used to call rabbit food, and working out like a man possessed helped me drop all the way down to 215 pounds, running a 10k at an 8:30/mile pace and completing my first (of many more to come) Triathlon!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6062[/ATTACH]

My first Tri - Prerace - 212 pounds

I have reasearched Paleo and weight lifting as I have grown tired of the counting the calories and intake of my food. I wanted a higher protein diet, but still clean way to eat that will help with my training. I have stagnated because I got bored of the "Zone" diet. Honestly, it's been food laziness. I want to become a fitter me and want something that is automatic. I used to wish to be 180 pounds, but the closer I have gotten to that number, the more I am concerned with fitness level and how I feel. I still have a pot belly, but have a resting heart rate of 58, can maintain a 7:30/mile pace over a 5k distance after riding a 3:15/mile pace on my bike for 24 miles. :triumphant:

I will be better.

So, here I am.

post-11026-13567245267294_thumb.jpg

post-11026-13567245267592_thumb.jpg

Hooray!!!!! Congrats on your awesome progress so far!

Welcome to the community :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Love the avatar!

Dead lift a wookie! :lol:

Effin Great!

Ha! Thanks! Watch out, Wookiees! Ima getcha!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Archived