Forums are back in action! ×

Get off your ass and jam!

Hey everyone,

I'm almost 30 and live in Portland, OR. My diet has always been pretty abysmal (no fruit, no veggies, no meat. Basically candy and donuts for the last 20-something years. No joke!), and until about 2 years ago I was pretty big. But Just this year I've shifted to a relatively healthy vegetarian diet (we get a box of veggies shipped to us every week, if you are looking for a good option for food check to see if you can get this in your town!) and have cut back IMMENSELY on the sweets, and am proud to report that Since January of this year I have gone from 230 lbs to 185 lbs! My cholesterol numbers have been cut in half and my blood pressure is back in a healthy range. I keep track of everything on a spreadsheet that I would be more than happy to share if anyone thinks it may work for them, too.

Now that my diet is pretty routine (except now I'm trying to cut my beer intake, I do live in Portland after all) my goals for November are to run for at least half an hour 3 times a week, do a series of morning exercises (push-ups, crunches, etc.) every morning, and walk the dogs rain or shine at least 5 times a week. I've also been doing the pull-up plan from the 100 push-ups website and will continue that (I can do 2 now!).

I'm really looking forward to meeting some fellow fitness nerds!

Jeff

level 2 Piratical Ranger
STR 8 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 3

Current Challenge X Find Me on Fitocracy X Add me on Run Keeper X

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Congratulations on your weightloss and improved cholestoral and blood pressure levels!

I would definitely recommend participating in the upcoming challenge (I think it starts on the 12th...but don't quote me on that...in any case there should be an announcement about it soon!). It will be my first challenge, too, but I've been lurking around the most recent challenge, and it really does seem like a great way to be held accountable. In addition to putting your goals out there publicly and joining a guild, there are also mini-challenges throughout the main challenge that foster lots of teamwork, so you're not just held accountable to yourself, you also feel accountable for helping (or hindering - ack!) your team/guild.

At least, that's the impression that I get :)

Do you get your weekly veggie box through a CSA of some sort? We have some near us, but they tend to be monthly.

Good luck, and again, welcome!

Hi, Jeff! I've been pretty absent from the forums for a while, so sorry I didn't see your intro earlier, but it sounds like you've made AWESOME progress! I also just sent you a friend request on here because I intend to make it my mission to eventually meet the more of the Portland nerds. I've made very little progress with that so far, but glad to see there are at least a few around! Keep up the good work :) (And I totally hear you on trying to cut back on beer in Portland.)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Archived