Forums are back in action! ×

You might be a Warrior if...

m.brandt

I hope you moved it to your internal organs...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

When meeting someone new the first thing you notice is whether or not they have a squat booty.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

When a make or break when looking for houses was a ceiling high enough to allow for overhead pressing and hanging rings from.

When meeting someone new the first thing you notice is whether or not they have a squat booty.

Ha, yes! Have yet to meet anyone randomly outside the gym who has one though.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

When a make or break when looking for houses was a ceiling high enough to allow for overhead pressing and hanging rings from.

Ha, yes! Have yet to meet anyone randomly outside the gym who has one though.

YES! We're looking at houses kind of preemptively and the garage or basement space for a home gym is numero uno.

Ha! I barely see them AT the gym. Breaks muh heart.

You start thinking of food in terms of protein/not protein.

and I didn't even realize I do this until I read it. AH! hahahahaha

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

... you have to move beer out of your fridge to make room for more milk.

Check.

Check.

You start thinking of food in terms of protein/not protein.

Check.

I fear for my Scout membership :)

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

You're cooking a recipe and you suddenly realise "This'd taste great with vanilla/chocolate whey"

You start experimenting with what liquor would go best with your why protein (true story, I've had numerous conversations about this)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Oh jeez, my drinking friends have a lifting problem...

500 / 330 / 625

This surprises you...?

No Mr. Wizard, it does not.

500 / 330 / 625

You start realizing that if you could do a squat with your family on your shoulders.

You recognize the difference between arms that do Bro curls and those that do compound exercises.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Titanium Bulwark

Level 4 Goliath Warrior

STR: 14.5 DEX: 7 STA: 12.5 CON: 8 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 5

Out of 100 men in battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are real fighters,

Ah, but the one,

One of them is the WARRIOR, And he will bring the others back.

- Hericletus 500 BC

Isaiah 40:31 "..but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

You realize you can lift more with 1 hand than you used to do with 2.

You are using the heaviest weights the gym has (or all of the weights) and they are not enough.

You describe everyday objects with their plate equivalents (that's about a big wheel).

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

You are using the heaviest weights the gym has (or all of the weights) and they are not enough.

You describe everyday objects with their plate equivalents (that's about a big wheel).

at my (uk) college (so highschool probably) gym i one rep deadlifted all the plates on an EZ bar (it was all we had lol) and i used to do the second at the last place i worked (steel factory, i'm a lathe machinist, i.e. lotsa round steel things) my team leader used to think i was showing off when i lifted over the health and safety limit of 25kg... 'noooo i'm just lifting it cause i can't be bothered to use the crane!'

Archived