Forums are back in action! ×

So I'm not much for big write ups.. but I've been lurking around nerd fitness for about a month now and figured I would finally really join and participate in some challenges.

I moved in the last year, I'm about 40lbs overweight and figured it was finally time to get serious about getting back in shape. I've previously done the gym thing but after about a month sort of gradually stopped going, this time I'm trying to do a body weight based routine (no excuse that I didn't have time to get to a gym). So I read through convict conditioning and I've been working about 2 months at the routine described in there.

Hmm what else.. Oh I read through various diets - and honestly I doubt I could really keep up with one like paleo right now. So what I'm doing for now is trying to cut out all the high calorie drinks, and snacks and just be good about counting calories ( I'm using the livestrong iphone app).

Anyway.. just thought I'd do the intro thing, and I'm looking forward to being part of the community!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ratty, level 1 Lycan adventurer

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

Heya Ratty! Welcome to the rebellion! I saw your post in the challenge threads!!! Good luck with it all.. You will find a very supportive community here!

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Welcome. I'm right there with you about the tracking calories, one of my goals for the current challenge is to track all food I eat for the next six weeks. Good luck!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived