Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone :D

Hey there, my name is Jen, I'm 23 and I have been lurking around for about a week now, reading articles and learning some basics. This is an amazing site and I am glad to be a part of it now!

Some info on my fitness history... sadly does not exist. I never did like playing sports (I was never good at them), but I was dancing competitively for about 11 years (Highland dancing). I ended up quitting that, started curling and found I really enjoyed that.

About 3 years ago, my shoulders decided that I was too content and started to hurt. I thought I pulled something, but as a year went by, it became almost unbearable. I could barely lift my arms up. I would be in so much pain and losing sleep. Finally, I went to the doc and from then on, they have been so much better! Still hurts a bit, but a little stretching helps and the pain goes away quickly.

My goals:

-Go from 186lbs (current weight), to anywhere from 105-125lbs (I'm short, 5'1 or so and I believe that is a good goal weight).

-Eat healthy (started to wade in the paleo diet. Still eating dairy at this point though).

Currently, I am doing P90X (second week) and I'm going to do Insanity as well in 2 weeks. I also plan on running, I've never been good at it and I hate that I'm so slow. Considering that I want to learn Parkour, I'll need to fix that lol!

Anyway, Enough of my rambling. Hope to hear from some of the members here :D I wouldn't mind having a workout buddy!

Welcome to the rebellion. I'd be careful doing p90x and insanity at the same time. THis may sound strange, but you may be going too fast. Figure out some intermediate steps on the way to your goal of weight loss and attack them one at a time. Doing too much too soon will lead to burnout and make it harder to try fitness the next time. Read Steve's blog posts on Optimus prime and gradual change.

Good luck,

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome Vaol! I am a recent addition to the Rebellion as well. Best of luck with your goals!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

I had a rotator cuff injury (so I'll never pitch again, haha). I had to take it slow, but I started out with a body weight workout, with cardio on between days. I did only 5 days a week at first. I made the mistake of not taking a week off, and pretty soon everything sort felt ground down. Good work on what you're doing so far, but you want to stay for the long haul. Good luck.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome IRISHodabred, best of luck to you as well :) Laureleye, They didn't say if it was the rotator cuff exactly, just that I 'rolled my shoulders'. Not too sure what that meant, but it was so painful. Right now, pain is about 85% gone. Thank you for your support everyone :)

Welcome!!! New member as well, good luck to you!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

HouseGoat

LvL 1 Goat-Ranger STR 4|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will...

Vince Lombardi

Hey there, my name is Jen, I'm 23 and I have been lurking around for about a week now, reading articles and learning some basics. This is an amazing site and I am glad to be a part of it now!

Some info on my fitness history... sadly does not exist. I never did like playing sports (I was never good at them), but I was dancing competitively for about 11 years (Highland dancing).

That sounds like a damn sport to me, at least in activity level :)

, Enough of my rambling. Hope to hear from some of the members here :D I wouldn't mind having a workout buddy!

There is a thread called Accountabili-buddies and they have a sign up sheet here (make sure to read the instructions tab at the bottom...I had to figure that out the hard way after hitting my head on a brick wall for hours in frustration...lol)

Glad you are here :) and Nice to meet you. (I'm Bekah by the way)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Archived