Forums are back in action! ×

Day 1- Newbie rebel!!

Lurked for a few weeks, finally registered.. Ready to get back on track and start a new stage of life!! LONG TIME YO-YO DIETER and recent helth scare has brought me to this forum and change.. reached a personal worst shape and weight and enough is enough.. 40YO father of 2 wonderful boys and i want to get back to being able to enjoy life as a father and football coach!! So here we are, Ogre-Ranger prefared for FAT warfare!!!!

My goals:

-Eliminate soda/snacky cakes!!!

-Currently @ 305 lbs., goal is to be around 200-225

-Paleo Diet- and stick to it

-Back to the gym for crossfit and weight training

-Be able to run my football practices without issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

HouseGoat

LvL 1 Goat-Ranger STR 4|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will...

Vince Lombardi

Welcome HouseGoat! I'm new to the Rebellion as well. Starting the Paleo this weekend and cutting diet soda as of yesterday and trying to get more functionally fit for coaching lacrosse and life in general. Best of luck...Sally Forth and Hoorah!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Welcome aboard, Laureleye is right, you need intermediate bite sized goals to get to where you want to be. Every football team's goal each season ought to be winning the championship, but they have to take the season one game at a time, and each game one practice at a time, etc.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome aboard, Laureleye is right, you need intermediate bite sized goals to get to where you want to be. Every football team's goal each season ought to be winning the championship, but they have to take the season one game at a time, and each game one practice at a time, etc.

Excellent post!!! My 1st goal is to stop with the soda completely and get back in the gym at least 5 days a week.. Im hoping to drop 25 lbs. in the next 3 months.. Then go from there, if I can knock off 20+ every 3 months of work, i will be a very happy guy!!

I was on this path and had lost 45 lbs as of March 2012 but got sick from some supplements and ended up in ICU.. since June I have put on the 45 i lost plus 10!!

HouseGoat

[/TABLE]

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will...

Vince Lombardi

A lot of us, myslef included, have yo-yoed with weight in the past. Check out the challenge boards, find a profession, set some goals, and get after it. Killing sodas is a great first step *Does that hand clap thing all football coaches do* Lets Go Lets Go Lets Go!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

*Does that hand clap thing all football coaches do* Lets Go Lets Go Lets Go!
I know that well and thank you!!!:highly_amused:

HouseGoat

[/TABLE]

Vince Lombardi

Archived