Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy from Texas!

Howdy!

I have been a lurker for a few months and have finally decided to join! I am hoping that since I will be actually posting, I will stay more on track with my fitness goals. A bit about myself: I am a recent graduate of Texas A&M University (Animal Science major) and am now working on figuring out where I want to go with life. I am not big on "working out" in a gym-type setting, but I own three dogs, so frequently walk several miles a day, as well as do short, (almost) nightly workouts (mostly upper body, back, and core). I love to go horseback riding and finally got my own horse in May of this year. I have to say that riding has been a great workout as well! I am in no way overweight (I am 5'7 and my weight stays between 130-133), but do have some goals I would like to accomplish to stay healthy:

1) I would love to adopt a more paleo lifestyle. I know it will not be perfect, but I believe that anything helps! I'm good about eating my veggies and I don't like a lot of fried, greasy foods, or sweets (except during that "special time".. you know what I mean girls!). I will probably start by making my dinners paleo, as well as snacks/breakfasts. I will leave myself some wiggle room as I believe this will work best for me.

2) I want a more consistent exercise plan. I want to try to ride my horse X times a week for X amount of minutes. My dogs and I will walk X amount of miles per day, etc. This is a big goal for me, since it not only helps myself stay in shape and not portly, but my animals as well, which is just as important to me as my health. I plan on going on some camping/hiking trips in the near future while it's still cooler weather, and I LOVE climbing.

I guess I really only have two big goals as of right now, that only pertain to fitness, not life (oh, job hunting...). I would also like to add that I suffer from severe digestive issues, so this is another reason I'm looking into paleo. To anyone who read all of this mess, thanks and gig'em! :)

Yeah, another Texan. I think you're also the second Aggie in two days to join, welcome to the Rebellion. Those are good goals, and you can make the job thing a life goal. There are a lot of Paleo people here, you'll find lots of good advice.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived