Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for a future

Hello, you can call me D. I am a senior student in high school getting ready to take my future on. Most of my life I've struggled with my weight. Recently I've decided I want to leave my average-everything-but-still-loveable home town and seek my own adventure while serving my country. I intend to go to college and then join the US Navy.

Before I leave high school I want to get in shape and "level up" my life. The nerd fitness rebellion is the most relatable and inspiring groups I've ever heard of. I'm excited about joining and am looking forward to preparing myself for an awesome future.

I'm excited about joining and am looking forward to preparing myself for an awesome future.

Hi D, and welcome to the Rebellion! This is a great place to start, and there are a lot of us who are ready and willing to encourage you.

What kind of a plan do you have in effect so far? If you're looking for a little guidance, the 6-Week Challenges are a good place to start - even if you're not sure what goals to set yet. (I think they say you should set 3 diet and exercise goals and 1 lifestyle goal per challenge, which is a good place to start even if you're just getting started.)

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

School wise Im hoping to get a navy rotc scholarship. Fitness wise, like many, I'm constrained on time, space and resources. however I am trying to do cardio exercises at least twice a week and working more whole foods and vegetables in to my diet while cutting down on sugar and other junk.

Good plan. You know, you can do a lot of strength training with very little equipment. You could do the Beginner's body weight 2-3 times a week, and mix up some cardio 2-3 times a week and not need any more equipment than shoes and an empty milk jug. You can mix your cardio between walking, running, and interval training. There are also other body-weight excercises you can add in to make the BBW the workout you want it to be. Good luck; I hope you can get that ROTC scholarship.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hey, I'm trying to get in shape for the Navy too! Any idea what you want to study in college or do once you get into the Navy?

Space_Elf, Fallohide Hobbit Level 0. STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log | 

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Archived