Forums are back in action! ×

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

But apparently I can do it, and well even, although I need to get my bloody footwork right.

Story of our freaking lives. 

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Story of our freaking lives. 

Yup. It's amazing how big a difference something so small like that can make.

Thursday done! No karate, but that doesn't mean I can't strength train.

Incline Push Ups: 1x9

Integrated Mobility: DONE

Push Ups: 5x9

• Gave up the added articulation at the top as the straddle planche work is really heavy on that stuff as is. Traded the articulation for explosive reps instead, and it was good.

High Rows: 5x9

• Changed this up a little bit. Did a hook grip on the rings as opposed to a 'pistol' grip with the thumb around the other side. Made a huge difference in how my elbow felt - way quieter than normal. Felt good.

Scap Push Ups: 1x9

Hollow Body Plank: 5x36s

• Nothing special here.

Kneeling Push Ups: 1x9

• Phew. Going for high reps at tempo? At the end? Tough. A good burn out, though.

I spent the rest of the night cooking, including using the IP for baked sweet potatoes. I refined my recipe a bit from the standard steaming recipe, and... they came out great. This was the recipe I used, and honestly I think this'll be my go-to going forward, as it let me do a lot more potatoes than I normally do without much extra effort. Even if nobody else had eaten any today, it's a win. :)

Although, those who have eaten today have said they were good. I'm surprised, as I wasn't able to find any good orange sweet potatoes and had to switch to Jerseys (same taste, but white yam inside). I didn't think anyone would eat today, but I'm happy to have been wrong.

Anyway, handstands today and improv tonight as a friend of mine is going on stage for the first time. Ran my measurements this morning and I'm sitting stagnant. That's okay - I have some thoughts on how to address that.

• Like 2
On 6/25/2018 at 5:05 PM, Kishi said:

So I used it as an excuse to bingewatch the new Voltron eps (also, @Teirin: HOLY CRAP)

On 6/26/2018 at 3:33 PM, RisenPhoenix said:

RIGHT?!

Hide contents

I mean, I kind of saw Anti-Voltron coming all the way last season.  What *was* interesting in my eyes was Lotor's motivation.  Yes, being supreme leader and yadda yadda ya, but the whole "Save Altean Culture" thing I really didn't expect him to adhere to.  I could see that as an excuse to use on Alura during calmer times, but he REALLY seemed to be committed to keeping the rest of the alteans safe and prospering, even if it was as a dictatorship.

Just knocking it out of the park with keeping the villains NOT one dimensional "I just want everything" tropes.

Also, THAT D&D EPISODE!!!

Now caught up.  THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! 

Spoiler

I was super happy with the wrap-up on a bunch of those plot lines.  Loved the Keith return and how they handled the Shiro storyline. Also pleased that he'll still be in the show, though that was some solid payoff.  Loved what they did with Lotor and how much of it was genuine but also that he's still the villain.  The castle!!!!  The fight!!!  The other Alteans! 

• Like 2

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:03 AM, Teirin said:

Now caught up.  THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! 

RIGHT!?!?!? Strong ending, and they did it in style!

'kay, so. Let's catch this up.

Friday handstands went great. Everything went up smooth and strong. Found my way back to that place where you have tension and balance and you only need enough of one to maintain the other. This is a happy feeling.

Improv afterward was pretty great. I had originally gone to encourage a friend of mine who was making her debut, but I found out that she's actually debuting on 07/09 as opposed to Friday night. However, it still turned out great, because her husband who is also a friend of mine was up to act that night. Improv can be pretty hit and miss, but he tends to make things a hit, and he had a lot of good actors up there with him this time. I can't really remember the last time I laughed so hard at that venue.

Saturday's plan was to get up and go work for a bit before working out. I elected to get some sleep instead, and boy did I need it. Saturday was a BJJ seminar at the dojo, mostly working on getting out of difficult spots. I finally got the chance to play with the newfangled "spider guard" that people have been using in newaza, and boy lemme tell you. That thing is potent. But even without that, it was a lot of fun. I can see why people get into it so much. Personally, I think BJJ's standup game is overrated, as they don't actually have throws and they give away a lot in order to get one down to the ground. But, once you're on the ground, you're in for a bad time. Anyway, the teacher and his students were all cool, easy-tempered people, and I'd love the chance to train with them again.

It was a hard seminar, though. The A/C in the dojo really doesn't work, and temperatures outside have been about 100 F/37 C for the past week or so. I'm pleased to say that kettlebells have rendered me immune to the sapping powers of heat, but I had the Tomahawk Dude come by afterward who was there for a potluck and tell me he couldn't train because it was too hot. I was just like, dude, weak freaking sauce. I got up after two hours on the mat, wrapped up my gi, got my knives, and went to work on Kali.

I was informed as we trained that video had been taken of me when we gave our seminar to the Krav folk. This apparently has been seen a few thousand times in various iterations across Facebook, which is kind of bizarre to me. J-Sensei calls me "Grasshopper" now, and I gotta admit I kind of like the ring of it.

So that was a couple more hours. After which, we all kind of sat around and talked about the state of the school. We're just on the edge of being able to keep this place open right now. Judo's doing well, and Kali's picking up; the Krav folks didn't show except for one who brought a full cup with him and only wanted to observe us for a bit. Which is really freaking rude (like, dude, you come here to learn, why you trying to teach?), but I'm honestly past the point where I expect courtesy from visitors. The only program that's lagging is the Karate program, which, man, none of us know how to fix. We're too traditional for the MMA crowd and too combative for the traditional crowd.

I've thought about maybe proposing a rebrand and calling ourselves a Jeet Kun Do program, because we follow the central tenant - find what is useful, discard what is useless, add of ourselves. That's totally what we do, but it's a problematic idea for a number of reasons. Namely that most JKD programs are basically Wing Chun Custom programs. If we branded ourselves that way and then didn't actually offer what most people come looking for, we could get razzed for false advertising. Even if that wasn't an issue, though, I'd have to contend w/ K-sensei's hang ups - he thinks Bruce Lee is overrated, and Shotokan to him is a deeply personal thing; the art gave him what he considers to be his family, and I think if I proposed it, he'd see it as trying to divorce himself from them.

Frankly, for my 0.02, I'd say we split from them on a technical level a long time ago. We kick different, we punch about the same, but we have a clinch and we incorporate judo. We're such a hybrid thing that frankly Shihan barely recognized some of the stuff we do when we went to see him. So... I dunno. I just dun no.

Anyway, after about 3-4 hours of martial arts, I went home and hit up the Simple, which, man, those swings were hard.

Sunday was D&D Fam Ed. We did good! We made our journey. My character really got a chance to shine, as he's a Drunken Monk from a criminal background. Lots of being sneaky and dealing in Thieves Cant and the like. The parents still need to learn to think a little outside the box, but they're coming along. They think, but they're a little rigid in their thinking; I hope I gave them some examples to work off of. Afterward, went back to my place and watched my bro's stream. They actually had an audience reach into the double digits this time, which was pretty great; I'm genuinely happy for him that he's getting to do something he likes to do and reaching an audience.

Went and did my training afterward.

Assisted Squats: 1x21

Half Squats: 1x15

Full Squats: 1x9

Elevated Deck Squats: 5x10

• Everything went off without a hitch here. With the squatting, I decided to take a cue and do controlled eccentrics followed by explosive concentrics - down slow, up fast. It felt good, actually.
  • Elevated deck squatting is getting to a point where I can pause at the bottom before rolling onto my back. This is actually super exciting, as it means that my mobility practice is paying off. It's not perfect, to be clear - my feet still pop apart, and I'm not certain I can just pop the close squat down and keep my balance, but the fact that I'm finding that point is really satisfying and, like I said, it excites me.

Hollow Body Tuck Hold: 1x9s

Hollow Body Tuck Rocks: 3x24

• Hahaha, and now it gets hard.

Russian Twists: 1x30

Side Plank Twists: 1x9

Side Plank Ups: 3x4

Tuck Ups: 1x9

Straddle Tuck Ups: 5x9

Total Time: 55:10

• Wow. No wonder sprinting started to hurt my feet. This is a long-ass time to be training if you spend it working, which I did. Mind, I think that leg and core training should both go together like this; it just means that if/when I decide to program sprints back in, I'm gonna have to find a relatively quiet day to do it. As is, if I decided to add something on to this session, it'd probably be either a ruck or some quality time on a recumbent bike, as these are corrective/restorative practices in addition to burning calories.

In diet news, I ate like an asshole. Fasting plus social situations equals triggered binge eating, which is not useful or healthy in the long run. Breakfast is a good trigger for me, and more meals in general, because in my head it reminds me that I'm always only one bite away from getting back on track. So, I think I'll bring that back.

I do have another way to get fasting back in play for heart/hormonal health, though: an adaptation of Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat protocol, which is the granddaddy of fasting protocols. It'll be a little chaotic - in order to keep myself sane, it'll be a 24-hour fast once every four days or so, and that's gonna fall on some days when it'll be kind of miserable to do so - but TBH my body likes chaos, and as long as I stay hydrated and get my sleep, I reckon I'll be okay. Also, upping the protein some.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kishi said:

but I had the Tomahawk Dude come by afterward who was there for a potluck and tell me he couldn't train because it was too hot.

...awu.

• Haha 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

1 minute ago, Kishi said:

Right? Dude had the audacity to come up to me as I was peeling off a double-weave gi that I'd soaked through an undershirt.

"What do you mean, it's too hot? This is nice. Ain't nowhere else I'd rather be."

I mean, being about 100x sweatier than normal ain't my favorite physical state to be in either, but what are you gonna do, NOT TRAIN?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

I mean, being about 100x sweatier than normal ain't my favorite physical state to be in either, but what are you gonna do, NOT TRAIN?

Osu. I dunno if it's all the time I spent practicing in the parks and later in the storage unit, in the heat and in the cold, but. I'm just not sold on this idea of comfortable circumstances.

• Like 1
Just now, Kishi said:

Osu. I dunno if it's all the time I spent practicing in the parks and later in the storage unit, in the heat and in the cold, but. I'm just not sold on this idea of comfortable circumstances.

So many people never get started because the slightest bump out of their comfort zone is just Too Hard. I can understand not being able to be super hardcore after an entire life of ease, but you have to work at it a bit to get comfortable with that whole uncomfortable thing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

So many people never get started because the slightest bump out of their comfort zone is just Too Hard. I can understand not being able to be super hardcore after an entire life of ease, but you have to work at it a bit to get comfortable with that whole uncomfortable thing. 

Right? It's that whole being anti-fragile thing - not being tough, but being the kind of person who takes to things and becomes stronger by exposure.

And also, on reflection, it's deeply funny. Dude loves to wax on about the warrior cultures of the First Peoples and such, as a white dude. Can't help but think, "Yep, and don't you know, the Apaches always waited until it was not too hot and not too cold to go do their training. The Sioux invented a/c so they could practice spear and buckler, too, little known true fact." :D

Just now, Kishi said:

Right? It's that whole being anti-fragile thing - not being tough, but being the kind of person who takes to things and becomes stronger by exposure.

And also, on reflection, it's deeply funny. Dude loves to wax on about the warrior cultures of the First Peoples and such, as a white dude. Can't help but think, "Yep, and don't you know, the Apaches always waited until it was not too hot and not too cold to go do their training. The Sioux invented a/c so they could practice spear and buckler, too, little known true fact." :D

Errbody be wanting to Warrior, but ain't nobody got time for all that yucky Hardship. I'll be the first to admit I hate lifting in the gym when for some reason the fans specifically over the racks are turned off but we don't pick up and quit over it. Last year they were out the entire summer. Entire. Summer. Only over the power racks. Damnest thing. 

Anyway, I guess everybody starts somewhere with this stuff. Hopefully.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Errbody be wanting to Warrior, but ain't nobody got time for all that yucky Hardship. I'll be the first to admit I hate lifting in the gym when for some reason the fans specifically over the racks are turned off but we don't pick up and quit over it. Last year they were out the entire summer. Entire. Summer. Only over the power racks. Damnest thing. 

Anyway, I guess everybody starts somewhere with this stuff. Hopefully.

Hopefully so! I think for me a lot of my scorn comes from the consideration that this dude had the audacity to think he could come here and teach. 'cuz this is the same dude who wanted to come and try to open up classes for Native American weaponry but has garbage movement and shit conditioning. So, seeing this on top of everything else, it's just got me like "... dude."

55 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

I have to ask....what were the cotton balls for on your post earlier this week?

Good question! So, the cotton balls were to be rolled into tight little balls which we would then proceed to sweep with our feet. They actually provide a really solid form of feedback for foot sweeping - you have to sweep correctly, or else you can't sweep the balls at all.

• Like 1

Monday down. Nice, quiet day, relatively speaking. Work week is a little weird, because we get the 4th off, but because it falls on a Wednesday, we don't get the surrounding days off. Of course, a lot of people have chosen to take some time. I'm kind of back and forth on the matter - I've got leave to burn and getting some time off would be nice, but I have to balance that against what kind of work load I'd come back to, especially seeing as no matter how hard I work, I can't make any headway against this.

Ultimately, I'll probably just treat the 4th as a bonus off-day and then come back and grind. I mean, seeing as I've got to a point where I'm getting enough sleep and rested enough that I don't feel a need to run from the work, so.

Anyway, we were down one of our key players last night, so no plot progression. Instead, we worked on characters, fleshing them out and getting things done. This is always necessary. Afterward, DM-san let us know that he needs some help in September pulling security detail for a burlesque show going during one of the cons. Not gonna lie, I'm intrigued at the idea, especially since I've worked security before. OTOH, working church security is probably a bit different than working Adult Event security. Of course, church security is the closest I ever came to having to take a knife for someone, so how much worse can it get than that?

It won't be for a couple of months, so I've got time to kill in reflection, and DM-san didn't want an answer right away. So, reckon I'll just train and eat and rest and repeat.

This week is a Deload week, so it'll be lighter S&S tonight followed by karate. Good times, I think.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Kishi said:

Good question! So, the cotton balls were to be rolled into tight little balls which we would then proceed to sweep with our feet. They actually provide a really solid form of feedback for foot sweeping - you have to sweep correctly, or else you can't sweep the balls at all.

AWESOME, love training tips like that!

I never really got into judo but always had an appreciation for it. Got dumped on my rear plenty of times by judoka, one of those times when you can truly appreciate the artistry of getting dropped.

Thanks for sharing!!!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

AWESOME, love training tips like that!

I never really got into judo but always had an appreciation for it. Got dumped on my rear plenty of times by judoka, one of those times when you can truly appreciate the artistry of getting dropped.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Hey, man, no problem! I think I recall seeing that you're a BJJ-ka, or else trying to get back into it? Awesome if so; we had a local blackbelt come by the dojo last Saturday and it was loads of fun. I've always found their technical proficiency in newaza to be astounding. :)

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

Anyway, we were down one of our key players last night, so no plot progression. Instead, we worked on characters, fleshing them out and getting things done. This is always necessary. Afterward, DM-san let us know that he needs some help in September pulling security detail for a burlesque show going during one of the cons. Not gonna lie, I'm intrigued at the idea, especially since I've worked security before. OTOH, working church security is probably a bit different than working Adult Event security. Of course, church security is the closest I ever came to having to take a knife for someone, so how much worse can it get than that?

Questions we never ask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kishi said:

Hey, man, no problem! I think I recall seeing that you're a BJJ-ka, or else trying to get back into it? Awesome if so; we had a local blackbelt come by the dojo last Saturday and it was loads of fun. I've always found their technical proficiency in newaza to be astounding. :)

Thanks! Yes, have ranged in grappling studies starting in Catch/Shoot Wrestling for NHB (back before MMA and UFC got big), Taijutsu and most recently BJJ. Take downs and throws were never my strong suit. I’m pretty lanky so always favored the Muay Thai clinch range and Dirty Boxing/Panatukan (NICE TO SEE A FELLOW KALI GUY ON HERE!!!), so most of my takedowns were facilitated by strikes in that mid-range and kind of a controlled fall into a submission. Hence my awe at Judo’s ability to throw people with control and, you know, on purpose. :D

Yeah, BJJ black belts are no joke. Lots of great newaza techniques that fit with just about every system and good recommendations for practical application (should things go to the ground or that be a an optimal range for the situation). Also really like the pleasant and sportsman like attitude most have.

Cool to see all the areas you are exploring!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Kishi said:

....OTOH, working church security is probably a bit different than working Adult Event security. Of course, church security is the closest I ever came to having to take a knife for someone, so how much worse can it get than that?

What?  Or is this another question to not ask.

Also - catching up on the battle log.  Do you ever, in fact, sleep?  :)

Also - how can one live in the south and not, at some point, realize you'll have to train in hot weather? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Human | Plays with Sticks | Monkish Leanings | Rangerish Overtones

Occasionally Updated Facebook

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Thanks! Yes, have ranged in grappling studies starting in Catch/Shoot Wrestling for NHB (back before MMA and UFC got big), Taijutsu and most recently BJJ. Take downs and throws were never my strong suit. I’m pretty lanky so always favored the Muay Thai clinch range and Dirty Boxing/Panatukan (NICE TO SEE A FELLOW KALI GUY ON HERE!!!), so most of my takedowns were facilitated by strikes in that mid-range and kind of a controlled fall into a submission. Hence my awe at Judo’s ability to throw people with control and, you know, on purpose. :D

Yeah, that's what I like about it too. It also makes one daring, too - someone gets too close? Oh, that's cool, I'll just pitch them over my hip. It's also super-cheap, and while it doesn't beat BJJ on the ground, it will beat the 80% of people who don't do BJJ.

Also, eff yeah Dirty Boxing. Nice to see you too. :)

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Yeah, BJJ black belts are no joke. Lots of great newaza techniques that fit with just about every system and good recommendations for practical application (should things go to the ground or that be a an optimal range for the situation). Also really like the pleasant and sportsman like attitude most have.

Yeah, definitely. Bad BJJ-ka are kind of a meme in the MMA community, but the only assholes I've run into around here come from TMA and RBSD systems. Of course, they say that BJJ is a cult, and in fairness it is a cult, but that's just because it's fun and practical. :D

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, ChrisWithaStick said:

What?  Or is this another question to not ask.

Nah, it's cool. I was working security one evening when a dude came in for services. He was wearing a big knife out where we could all see it. I didn't think it was a big deal, as we'd had some situational training from the local PD and they said that anyone who was open carrying was probably the last person you'd ever need to worry about. But the other security folk spooked. They wanted to have someone in to keep an eye on things. Nobody wanted to volunteer to do it, so I did, because I was the most violent person there that night and also the one with the least to lose - all I had was my life and my debts, everyone else had nearby families and burgeoning relationships. So, I didn't really care, in that bitter defiant way that one does when confronted with mortality.

Went in to the service, sat through, then went to be near the pastor at the end. Dude with the knife comes up, and my stomach drops, and all I can think is I'm gonna get stabbed for Jesus. I go to position myself - and the dude just reaches out, shakes hands with the pastor and says thank you for the service, and then walks out.

So the training turned out to be correct. Nothing bad happened. I got to go home and call my parents and tell them I loved them. Incidentally, it did embitter me pretty badly toward the church, though, because I felt like I made the calculation alone and nobody was able or willing to step up and bleed. All that talk about faith and trusting God's sovereignty, even to the point of leaving our lives behind, and in the end everyone else turned out to be cowards. I was the only one who was willing to his duty when the time came to do it. They could say that they were staying behind to watch over the children in case things had gone violent, but that doesn't change the fact that I would have been the first one to bleed if it had gone down.

(This is incidentally why I don't go back - in the end, they're going to need someone to Do The Work, and somehow it always winds up being me. There's no life there for me, for all their talk that I need it).

Also - catching up on the battle log.  Do you ever, in fact, sleep?  :)

~7 hours a night, yup. Need to do better. :D

Also - how can one live in the south and not, at some point, realize you'll have to train in hot weather?

It's kind of the way of things right now. Like I said, when I got serious nine years ago, I started out training in the parks and then in a storage unit. I've trained through summer heat and winter cold to the point of snow being on the ground with no insulation and only a little space heater to keep us warm. Everyone else just seems... soft, by comparison, and willfully so at that. I don't think I'm a terribly tough or anti-fragile person, but I know that I don't need comfort, and I have a terrible sense of impatience towards those what do.

So! Tuesday and Wednesday are in the bag.

Tuesday was a nice easy day. S&S deloaded with two-arm swings. It was kind of refreshing, actually. Felt recharged and focused. Karate afterward was focused on stepping into kicks and stepping behind them.

Sparring went well afterward. Had three straight rounds again. Played with counters, threw and got thrown. It was great.

Wednesday was quiet without judo. I didn't make the best use of it - instead of going to bed at a regular time and getting up early to carpe the diem, I stayed up crazy late and got up at half past noon. Haven't done that in a while, but lemme tell you it's murder on your sense of motivation. I didn't do much beyond walking to the store to get groceries and puttering about, bingewatching anime and sharing memes. It didn't feel wrong precisely but it did feel like I didn't use the time all that well. I could have written, I could have cleaned, I could have done something. But I think I just took the notion of rest to heart a little too well.

I had hoped to go out and get some new pants for summer, but took a look at the bank account and decided that would be a stretch too far. Sigh. Apparently the holiday this week precludes OT this weekend, For Reasons, but man I'm itching to get in and start earning that extra.

Anyway. The deload continues tonight with upper body training and Karate. I've taken my first fasting day of the "rolling fasts" today, and this after a low calorie, keto-style eating day yesterday. And so far, I feel... okay. I'm trying to be mindful of any fades in energy or dips in attitude or anything of that sort, but so far all I feel is kind of empty. Stomach's not talking to me, though, which I think is a good sign, and having run some calculations, I'm actually encouraged by how much I'll get to eat to keep my averages for the week. So, you know, strong start. It remains to be seen how well that goes from here, but I'm optimistic. #FamousLastWords

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Kishi said:

So the training turned out to be correct. Nothing bad happened. I got to go home and call my parents and tell them I loved them. Incidentally, it did embitter me pretty badly toward the church, though, because I felt like I made the calculation alone and nobody was able or willing to step up and bleed. All that talk about faith and trusting God's sovereignty, even to the point of leaving our lives behind, and in the end everyone else turned out to be cowards. I was the only one who was willing to his duty when the time came to do it. They could say that they were staying behind to watch over the children in case things had gone violent, but that doesn't change the fact that I would have been the first one to bleed if it had gone down.

(This is incidentally why I don't go back - in the end, they're going to need someone to Do The Work, and somehow it always winds up being me. There's no life there for me, for all their talk that I need it).

Was gonna say, that's some serious chopped liver feels. But I totally understand having it up to your eyebrows with being the only one to do the hard work--it's a position you seem to find yourself in naturally more because I think lazy manipulative people look for guys like you on top of your default inclination to be helpful. Most people when push comes to shove turn out to be cowards, but members of a church profess something higher than the average. You're better off for having moved on, in multiple senses.

12 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Wednesday was quiet without judo. I didn't make the best use of it - instead of going to bed at a regular time and getting up early to carpe the diem, I stayed up crazy late and got up at half past noon. Haven't done that in a while, but lemme tell you it's murder on your sense of motivation. I didn't do much beyond walking to the store to get groceries and puttering about, bingewatching anime and sharing memes. It didn't feel wrong precisely but it did feel like I didn't use the time all that well. I could have written, I could have cleaned, I could have done something. But I think I just took the notion of rest to heart a little too well.

I had hoped to go out and get some new pants for summer, but took a look at the bank account and decided that would be a stretch too far. Sigh. Apparently the holiday this week precludes OT this weekend, For Reasons, but man I'm itching to get in and start earning that extra.

Oh chill out. You did what I wished I could have done yesterday lol. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Was gonna say, that's some serious chopped liver feels. But I totally understand having it up to your eyebrows with being the only one to do the hard work--it's a position you seem to find yourself in naturally more because I think lazy manipulative people look for guys like you on top of your default inclination to be helpful. Most people when push comes to shove turn out to be cowards, but members of a church profess something higher than the average. You're better off for having moved on, in multiple senses.

Yeah, I think so too.

48 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Oh chill out. You did what I wished I could have done yesterday lol. 

Look, this whole being restful and recovered thing is really hard for me okay. :D

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Look, this whole being restful and recovered thing is really hard for me okay. :D

There are so many try-hard jokes I don't even know what to do with myself. 

• Haha 1