Forums are back in action! ×

Conventions?

Risky

Hey, so this is a shot in the dark, but we are nerds so ya never know... Anyone here do the convention thing? Heading to a Anime/Japanese culture convention in Ohio in a couple of weeks, all while going strong in the midst of my first challenge. Figured I'd ask in an attempt to get to know more folks.

Cheers!

Risky, level 1 Half Orc Half Human. Adventurer at heart, training with the Rangers
STR 3|DEX 1|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

Fightin' against the Future... Here!

Various members of my Ship (www.ikvbayourserpent.org) always attend BayouCon in Lake Charles, LA ( http://www.bayoucon.net/ ) 

Their is also the LA Science Fiction Film & Costume Festival(www.lascifi.com) I know the GOH, he's my friend & shipmate!!!

Scifi Expo runs 3 cons in the DFW area ( www.scifiexpo.com ) This does tend to be what we call a sheephearder con...not all that friendly.

Space City Con in Houston looks to be pretty good. Some of my fellow Klingons are attending ( www.spacecitycon.com )

NOLA has New Orleans Comic-con in '14 ( http://www.wizardworld.com/home-neworleans.html )

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I love conventions! In fact, I attended MAGfest at National Harbor, MD yesterday - it's a music and gaming fest.  They had an amazing arcade room filled with all these classic arcade and pinball games that you could play for free, and another room with classic consoles, so I played plenty of old school TMNT and Mortal Kombat!! It's so much fun being surrounded by people with equally geeky interests. 

The co-op gaming panel sounds great - wish my BF and I could attend that!

Saturn Girl, level 1 Amazonian Adventurer
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

fitocracy | challenge 1 | why is Saturn Girl my hero?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I'm heading to the World Science Fiction Convention in San Antonio over Labor day (also helping with the programming there), and probably also ReaderCon in Massachusetts early in July.

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

There's a local one that's happening in June that i'm planning on attending.  it'll be my first con, and i'll be dressed as harry dresden.

http://cosplacon.squarespace.com/

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

I miss cons so much! I also attended MAGfest this past weekend (Saturday only) and was complaining the entire time about how I need to get back into costuming and con-attending. Not sure where I'll be heading next, but my friends are throwing around DragonCon, PAX East, and a few others.

Also don't know what my next costuming adventure will be, but since I'm in a Mass Effect kick FemShep is tempting (more incentive to get into bad-ass shape, amiright?).

Thrister42 - You'll have to post a picture of your Dresden costume! That's awesome!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Oh no! The dates for PAX East are during spring break. The boy and I already have a road trip planned to go visit our old college towns and see some cities along the way. Maybe we can work in a detour (especially because a lot of my old college friends are in Boston). Time to go research.

Is anyone considering Otakon this summer in Baltimore, MD? My sister and I are discussing it (we went for numerous years between 2000 and 2009 ohmygodifeelsooldnow), even though we are far cries from the anime fans we used to be.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Our family has been to a few small cons over the years; Anime Boston last year was our first major con together, and the first one where we all cosplayed. Our feet were pretty sore by the end, but we had fun! Definitely going back this year, and we would love to find something steampunk (huge scene around here) as well.

Level Two Human Adventurer, roaming central New England in search of wild derivatives

STR 3.5  DEX 5.25  STA 3.5  CON 4  WIS 5.25  CHA 4

"You know how some people consider 'may you have an interesting life' to be a curse?... @#%& those people. Wanna have an adventure?" -xkcd

First challenge thread here! :)

Balticon, always, also MISTI -Con in Connecticut, Intervention in MD and TCEP in Virginia.  Usually 2 or 3 others and my husband (who was also at MAGfest) goes to three times as many.   Oh, and, *blush* Las Pegasus in Vegas in March. 

Selina Kyle, level 2 antihero assassinSTR 7.5|DEX 1|STA 5.5|CON 4.5|WIS 4|CHA 3 

I'd like to hit conventions more often, but with a baby and a toddler that makes things more complicated. I'm most likely going to hit the Boston Comic Convention this Saturday, though! And I definitely want to hit up PAX East next year.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

Archived