Forums are back in action! ×

Movie Nerds

Lofty

I love Manos: The Hands of Fate. It has to be one of my favorite movies of all time! I also like both of the 28(days/weeks later) films as well.

I can honestly say I have never heard anyone say they love Manos, hehehe. The MST3K version, however, is hilarious.

Level 2 Hobbit Adventurer
STR: 6 | DEX: 3.8 | CON: 5.95 | STA: 5.9 | WIS: 7.6 | CHA: 4

My Intro Post | My Battle Log | My First Challenge | My Second Challenge
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." --T.S. Eliot

ACSM Certified Personal Trainer

I remember the Manos episode, only time I heard Dr. Forester apologize for anything. 

Sum...which Star Trek are not on the list??? 

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I don't really like nemesis all that much. I used to hate the motion picture with a passion but it's actually grown on me lately. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I can honestly say I have never heard anyone say they love Manos, hehehe. The MST3K version, however, is hilarious.

I love that movie! I don't even know what it is about it. I can only think of one movie that I have seen more times (Hellraiser) and that is probably due to me being unable to find my copy of Manos since moving.

Zeuel the level 1 Human
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 1|WIS 1|CHA 3

I don't really like nemesis all that much. I used to hate the motion picture with a passion but it's actually grown on me lately. 

I liked Nemesis, it could have been better w/ some tweeking, but I liked it.  1 & 5 were probably the weakest for me of the TOS cast.  TNG cast, hard to beat First Contact. 

thanks for the tip Catspaw - will see what I can do :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

I liked Nemesis, it could have been better w/ some tweeking, but I liked it.  1 & 5 were probably the weakest for me of the TOS cast.  TNG cast, hard to beat First Contact. 

First contact is amazing! My favorite of the TNG crew is Generations though. I watched that movie so much when I was younger. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

In no particular order:

Transformers the cartoon movie version (which is better in the first 10-20 minutes than all of the Michael Bay movies combined)

Ratatouille -- I find I watch this every time I need a pick me up

Clueless

Fifth Element

300 (if you like this story, I highly recommend reading Gates of Fire)

Speed

LotR

And I will still automatically say Tombstone is my fav movie of all time: Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday = swoon.

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

With all due respect, Drive was horrible ... It was kinda of a remake of Dirty Larry and Crazy Mary, but without the "good" ending

i didnt' care much for drive either, but to either their own.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

How can you watch a driving movie and it NOT be "Vanishing Point"?

71 Challenger, 426 Hemi, Turbocharger.  Kowalski rules!!!

Guys, you have to watch "The Bothersome Man" (called Norway of life where I live) : I've just watched it again this afternoon, I love it :)

Otherwise I love Wes Anderson, I saw some recommendations already, his movies are great. My personal favorite is probably "The Life Aquatic"

Guys, you have to watch "The Bothersome Man" (called Norway of life where I live) : I've just watched it again this afternoon, I love it :)

Otherwise I love Wes Anderson, I saw some recommendations already, his movies are great. My personal favorite is probably "The Life Aquatic"

I used to love Wes Anderson but I've gotten so bored with his movies. I can't even go back and watch the ones I used to like. Personally I just got tired of the dryness. 

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I don't think it's possible to go wrong with anything directed by the late Sidney Lumet. "Twelve Angry Men", "Dog Day Afternoon", "Serpico", "Fail-Safe" and my personal favorite movie of all time, "Network". (My FB profile pic is "Network"'s movie poster.) Even the TV series he helmed on A&E about a decade ago, "100 Centre Street", was pretty damned good, and he was in his mid-seventies at the time.

Correction: I do think it is possible to go wrong with Sidney Lumet...if your only exposure to him is "The Wiz". :D

After Mr. Fox, I skipped the train movie

I really liked Moonrise Kingdom, although it certainly struck a very personal note with me

When I was 11, and our emigration from Conneticut to New Jersey was looming, I happened to see a movie one Saturday afternoon called Melody

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melody_%281971_film%29

With music by the up&coming Bee Gees, it struck a chord with me

I didn't really want to move to New Jersey ... Could my 6th Grade crush & I runaway and hide out someplace? Could we postpone the inevitable, or perhaps change the future entirely?

Yeah, nope

However ... all these years later ... when Moonrise Kingdom came out, she emailed me

"Remember Melody?"

Puppy Love never dies

Note: Melody is available in it's entirety online somplace I'm sure; bit's & pieces are are YouTube [i saw the whole thing about a month ago, but it's dropped off since]

The Train movies was the last one I really enjoyed. I think I'll check out Melody, seems interesting. 

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived