Forums are back in action! ×

Any Cosplayers? :D

Also holy crap, I just clicked on the second link. This might be exactly what I need to pull off casual Shep for Otakon (some friends are trying to talk me into it, but I'm dragging my heels because I don't have a costume) Thank you so much for the link!

That was a new one for me, and I like it a lot. Well beyond my capabilities (which equal zero) but awesome nonetheless. I posted the link because I figured it'd be easy enough to modify for a female version, since, if I remember correctly from the game, it's pretty much the same just with boobs and hips...

Dare mighty things

Currently spazzing out because I have a couple of hours tonight and a couple of hours tomorrow night --and whatever time I can scrape together in the mornings--to finish up my Arthur and my girlfriend's Merlin cosplays. We're nearly done--just have some hemming, topstitching, and button-holing to do for the most part--but it's been agonizing considering that everything has been made from scratch without patterns. And it gets a lot more terrifying when I suddenly remember that I also have to, if I can find the time, knit a pair of legwarmers, tea-stain Merlin's shirt, and make a pair of buckle vinyl boot covers from scratch.

Convention is Saturday, and I don't have a portable sewing machine to take with me to the hotel xD

I learned a lot about clothing in the Anglo-Saxon period, though, and had the triumph of my short cosplay life when I managed to hunt down the exact ring that the BBC used for Arthur (/Ygraine). Just casual wear for this convention--then I'm hoping to refind Merlin, and make the aketon, chainmail, surcoat, and armour for Arthur for a convention in October.

I definitely jump in both feet first at the deep end with this stuff, lemme tell you. (Before this, the only things I ever sewed were a drawstring gym bag in 4th grade, and a Lucrezia Noin cosplay I wore to Youmacon last November). But it's fun, and I love doing it! Next on the list is something simple, just a set of varsity-esque running tees for us to wear to a Night Run 5k we're doing in August (as Pendragon and Emrys, obvs), but after that the plan is Jenny and Madame Vastra from Doctor Who. Making full-head-and-face latex prosthetics can't be THAT hard, right...?

• Like 1

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

Loving all the cosplay pictures and the enthusiasm I'm seeing here!  Everybody is awesome and I can't wait to see what people have in the works/are doing for future cos!

• Like 1

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin-In-Training

| Str: 3.5 | Dex: 4 | Con: 3.5 | Sta: 6 | Wis: 5 | Cha: 4 |

"May my steel break before my resolve."

Very nice, TR.

I am working on my Spidey face shell right now as I will be in costume Saturday for Free Comic Book Day. I get to meet Brandon Routh (Superman Returns).

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

I have been a costumer at Dragon*Con for several years but one of my wishes when I lose weight and get fit is to be able to really cosplay my favorite heroines.

• Like 1

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

My girlfriend and I headed out to the forested park in my city to take some epic cosplay pictures this weekend :D Aside from my paranoia about ANYTHING happening to these costumes (I worked so hard on them, there is so much blood, sweat, and tears poured into them, if anything happens to them I will actually cry), it was a great two-hour session and we came out with some AWESOME shots!

• Like 1

Tseecka
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Technically, I guess. This is the only costume I have:

ringwraith1

fashion police

Surprisingly, that's not as hot as it looks because all the fabric is so loose. And yes, I can see... mostly. I can't see any details or facial features, but I can easily walk around without running into people or falling over things.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

STR:2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 |

CON: 4 | WIS:7.5 | CHA:2.5 |

| Female | 5'3" | 180lbs | Southpaw |

Strive for progress, not perfection. - Unknown

Battle Log | Personal Blog | Current Challenge

I cosplayed once and I really, really enjoyed it! I went as Hanataro Yamada and I even managed to find the Squad 4 bag at Fanime. Didn't go this year, but I can't wait to go for the next!

While it's not the main reason why I want to get fitter, being able to cosplay and just being more comfortable in my own skin is definitely motivating me. :D

Level 1 Ogre Monk

STR 2 DEX 1 STA 3 CON 4   WIS 3   CHA 2

First challenge: let's go!

I cosplayed once when I 14 years old, so obviously the costume was not superb, but I did win best home made props for the convention that year, and got a nice big picture on the next year's convention pamphlet. :)

Also I realise the shield doesn't have the right design on it, my grandfather cut those pieces on bless him :')

26587_1362395814236_2135628_n.jpg

Level 1  Petty Assassin of the Lanomia Clan STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0Current Challenge

Currently spazzing out because I have a couple of hours tonight and a couple of hours tomorrow night --and whatever time I can scrape together in the mornings--to finish up my Arthur and my girlfriend's Merlin cosplays. We're nearly done--just have some hemming, topstitching, and button-holing to do for the most part--but it's been agonizing considering that everything has been made from scratch without patterns. And it gets a lot more terrifying when I suddenly remember that I also have to, if I can find the time, knit a pair of legwarmers, tea-stain Merlin's shirt, and make a pair of buckle vinyl boot covers from scratch.

Convention is Saturday, and I don't have a portable sewing machine to take with me to the hotel xD

I learned a lot about clothing in the Anglo-Saxon period, though, and had the triumph of my short cosplay life when I managed to hunt down the exact ring that the BBC used for Arthur (/Ygraine). Just casual wear for this convention--then I'm hoping to refind Merlin, and make the aketon, chainmail, surcoat, and armour for Arthur for a convention in October.

I definitely jump in both feet first at the deep end with this stuff, lemme tell you. (Before this, the only things I ever sewed were a drawstring gym bag in 4th grade, and a Lucrezia Noin cosplay I wore to Youmacon last November). But it's fun, and I love doing it! Next on the list is something simple, just a set of varsity-esque running tees for us to wear to a Night Run 5k we're doing in August (as Pendragon and Emrys, obvs), but after that the plan is Jenny and Madame Vastra from Doctor Who. Making full-head-and-face latex prosthetics can't be THAT hard, right...?

Oh. My. God. I wish I had seen this earlier. I'm actually finishing up a Queen Guinevere cosplay for a convention next week! I want to see your pictures >.>

I've been super inactive recently, especially during the March challenge, that's when I was finishing up my Yuuko cosplay (lost track of time, finished last minute, LIKE ALWAYS). But I just got my pictures back and wanted to post them, since cosplay is my main motivation to workout (pretty shallow, eh).

yr71.png

• Like 1

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

While it's not the main reason why I want to get fitter, being able to cosplay and just being more comfortable in my own skin is definitely motivating me. :D

First I was like yeah, that's probably true - getting healthy is important...

But I just got my pictures back and wanted to post them, since cosplay is my main motivation to workout (pretty shallow, eh).

... and then I remembered that I joined because I want to cosplay as Lara Croft. So I guess you aren't alone Laney!

I guess I would be called an aspiring cosplayer; I haven't officially done it before, but I love costuming and one of my friends invited me to go to a con with her next year, pretty excited. :)

I now have a list of characters I want to do next, but first I need to get in shape for Lara!

Level 2: Selkie Druid

1 || 2(failed) || 3(failed) || 4-pending

STR: 4 || DEX: 7 || STA: 5 || CON: 7 || WIS: 6 || CHA: 3

I've never cosplayed, but I've definitely got an interest in it... I have made a couple neat fantasy-themed things for my photography class I took back in the day, and I spend time on deviant art looking at folks who are pros at it.

Now that I'm more fit, I also would love to cosplay a bit more.

I'm not a very social nerd though, and my boyfriend is basically afraid of anywhere that involves big crowds (and I don't blame him, sometimes I get pretty anxious in crowds too).

But that said, I still would love to go to a convention dressed as some of my favourite characters from Avatar: TLA or Miu from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple (since I look like her, minus the massive tits).

It'd be cute because I'm fair-skinned like Miu, and my boyfriend is half Korean, so he'd make a pretty good Kenichi.

...aaaanyway. Time to get off the forums and do my circuit for the day!

• Like 1

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

It's something that I would do if I could find a decent character that wears glasses and/or is ginger or bald (often shave my head)

I'm a ginger bald Klingon I'm in the middle

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/23037-any-cosplayers-d/#entry386189

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Oh. My. God. I wish I had seen this earlier. I'm actually finishing up a Queen Guinevere cosplay for a convention next week! I want to see your pictures >.>

I do have most of my pictures on my Tumblr, if you want to see--my girlfriend and I did a photo shoot out in the forest with our cosplays.

They should all be under this link if you wanted to check them out :) I should note that we're 'shippers, so if Merlin and Arthur being cute and romantical isn't for you you might want to steer cleer ^^;

Tseecka