Forums are back in action! ×

It's time to start again

Hey everybody, I'm really excited to be joining the rebellion! Just a little about ,me, I'm 23, in college and have realized that I'm not happy with the way I look and feel and am ready to do something about it.

Back in high school I played tennis for all 4 years and despite a horrendous diet, was always in decent shape. After high school, my small college didn't have a tennis team and so I got kind of lazy. And as college goes I started eating out more and drinking waaaay more than I should have in my first 3 years.

As of September 2012, I was drinking a 30 rack of beer by myself in less than a week. This ultimately led to an injury to put me in the hospital and physical therapy for 6 weeks.  That was a major wake up call for me. I took a good look at myself and was not okay with what I had become.  

Since then I have severely cut back on my drinking (I still enjoy a cold one every now and then), and stopped eating out so much as a start.  From here I want to cut out fast food completely and get back into working out.

We've made mistakes that we can't change; but there's still time to start again.

I'm sorry you had to have such a painful wake-up call; but I'm glad that it did wake you up.  Steve says "you can't outrun your fork", so cleaning up your diet is a great way to start.  Do you have something in mind for a workout plan?  Do you have some short-term goals in mind?  I really recommend joining our current challenge; it's already started but still has about a month to run.  That's plenty of time to build some habits.  Good luck and welcome to the rebellion.  (PS  I played tennis in HS too...but I was so bad...but it was better than PE class). 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks Lauerleye! For the workout plan I am going to start doing Steve's beginner body weight workout. As for short term goals I want to be able to move up to the advanced body weight workout in a month.

We've made mistakes that we can't change; but there's still time to start again.

Thanks Lauerleye! For the workout plan I am going to start doing Steve's beginner body weight workout. As for short term goals I want to be able to move up to the advanced body weight workout in a month.

It may take more than a month.  You can actually work very hard at the "beginners" body weight.  Since you only do strength training about 3 days a week, in a month, you'd only get in about a dozen workouts. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hi Riser! Welcome to the Rebellion.

Losing weigth is 80% diet, so if you manage to clean up in that department (one step at a time, over time it will sum up) you're on a good path towards looking good. Appearance is a consequence of fitness, this is where the other 20% of working out comes in. Beginners Bodyweight is a great place to start, but you shouldn't underestimate it. If you execute it clean, it gets actually hard to do.

Best of luck with reaching your goals!

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Archived