Forums are back in action! ×

Escape from Limbo

Prologue: Who are you and what did you do to my husband?

I have never really followed a diet. I never (thought) I had to. I walked, ran, or biked everywhere I needed to go. I could eat fast food/take-out/junk for every meal, and never toped more than 120lbs... before I became a mother. My daughter is now 2, and at 160 lbs I weigh(ed) about the same now as I did a month after she was born. And no wonder, I (was) still eating fast food/take-out/junk for most every meal, if I went for a walk it was down the street to take my daughter to the park and I haven't been on a bike since before I met my husband. Of course I haven't lost any of the 'baby fat'!

I need to pay homage to my husband. When he came to me and said he wanted to start a 'caveman' diet, I scoffed at him, thinking ‘Is this an excuse to buy more steak and bacon?’ I had doubts, but he persisted to enlighten me, as he always does. I was all for eating more vegetables and cutting some of the junk out of my diet, although not to the extent of full Paleo. How could I say good bye to poutine, and pasta, pizza, pop and parmesan? (I seem to be addicted to foods that begin with ‘P’). The hubby suggested a Primal diet may be more suitable for me. I did the smallest amount of research about the Primal diet possible than said to myself ‘If I’m going to do this at all, there is no point in doing it half ass.’ Besides, I can’t/don’t cook, so it was in my best interest to follow suit and joint the Rebellion.

I am now 2 1/2 weeks into a full Paleo diet, exercising daily (Beginner Body Weight & C25K) and feeling fantastic. Despite my initial scepticism I am down to 152 lbs.  I'm beginning to accept the fact that my hubby is always right.

Goals:

(Note: I have already started many of these goals)

Quit smoking immediately (check)

Quit drinking soda immediately (check)

Quit drinking coffee immediately (check)

Complete C25K by 03/31/13

Lose 20 lbs by 06/30/13

Run the ‘Not since Moses’ 10k 08/11/13 http://www.notsincemoses.com/index.html

Hi Tinka :) It's awesome that you decided to take steps toward a healthier life. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Paleo diet is great, it's helped me get way more energetic and less fat in a short time. I love it. Your goals seem great, I wish you the best of luck at accomplishing all of them.

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Archived