Forums are back in action! ×

Starting over

I have many reasons for starting this new lifestyle.

1. My 15 month old daughter.  She is hard to keep up with.

2. Numerous autoimmune diseases which make it hard to get out of bed some days.

3. Weight gain that is just embarassing. 

4. A few people telling me that "You should really take better care of yourself and set an example for your daughter." Yes they said this without knowing my history or why it happened in the first place.

5.  Trying different diet plans to discover they weren't a good choice for my particular diseases and gaining more weight and realizing I need to find the right combination of diet and exercise for my conditions 

6.  A dream vacation in October that I refuse to be the fattest one on the trip

That's my reasons, now for my plan:

1.  Studying the paleo diet and making sure it is the right fit for my autoimmune responses.

2.  Starting slow on the diet to make sure I don't have any bad responses to the foods chosen.

3.  Being completely paleo by my October vacation.

4.  Strength training to build back up my health.

5.  Losing 65 lbs by October so that I am in a better range weight wise.

That is my plan and this time this is what I am going to do!  Don't wish me luck, I don't need it.  What I need is a friendly reminder when I forget my reasons why or I start whining about having to do it at all. 

This is my life and I have to live with it.

Thank you for this site and for this opportunity to succeed.

Hi mdiener :)

Welcome to the Rebellion! Looks like you got your goals set and a plan ahead of yourself. Best of luck with getting through with it. Just one little step after another. Wait you said no luck wishing. In that case I guess I believe in you making your goals. 

Everybode I met here so far is really nice, and supportive of each other. It's just a like a big family! 

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Glad you decided to join the rebellion.  You've got some great long-term goals, especially keeping up with (and being around for) your daughter.  You can still join our challenge - it has 4 weeks left to run.  Make some good habit-building goals and jump on in.  If you need help, just ask.  There is some good info on the community if you click the COMMUNITY HOME tab.  For free workouts and other information, click the NERD FITNESS tab. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived