Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there! I'm Phil, I'm 27, and I'm finally making the time to frequent the forums, having used the articles on the main site over the past two months or so.

I don't really have anything all that exciting to share at the moment. I've always been active enough, never had a drastically un-healthy diet, and although my BMI may disagree, I've never really carried too much excess weight (honest!). I've been doing sport karate for over 19 years, although over the past two years or I've trained less and less, and have focused on going to the gym since September, having concentrated on running and bodyweight workouts over the summer. I would call my diet part-time paleo - I love tasty food but try to limit the really indulgent stuff to one day a week, or two half days. A big motivator in eating more cleanly is to help my girlfriend manage the symptoms of her endometriosis.

At the moment I am working towards:

having a 'smarter' wardrobe (I aspire to look like the fortune that I obviously do not have)

being strong(er)

looking good in said wardrobe

returning to martial arts training, and competition

putting enough money to one side to buy the James Bond film collection on Blu-Ray

I also like comics, films, and I pay my way through the world by working in a school as a German and French teacher.

I'm looking forwards to joining in with the rest of the community, and I'm thinking carefully about what targets to set for my first challenge! Obviously the ones above are a bit vague.

P.s. I've been using Epic Win on my phone as a workout to-do manager. I love it.

P.p.s I've also been using an app called The Eatery, I think my user name on there is pgnoon, feel free to laugh at my repetitive breakfasts and random salads, and tell me off when I blatantly eat awful food.

Phil :)

WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN.

MY SHORT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hi Phil.  Glad you joined us here.  Did you know you can jump right into the challenge that is currently going on?  You can't win, unless you consider setting and meeting goals as a win.  Head on over to the Warriors and read what some of them are up to (click the CHALLENGE tab at the top of the page).  

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hi Phil,

I'm guessing by your user I'd that you are a Pwangai-Noon Ryu (sp)/Uechi Ryu stylist. Nice to see another martial artist join so close to when I did. Lets do this! Osu!

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Hi Phil,

I'm guessing by your user I'd that you are a Pwangai-Noon Ryu (sp)/Uechi Ryu stylist. Nice to see another martial artist join so close to when I did. Lets do this! Osu!

That's giving me a lot more credit than I'm due! The 'pg' is just my initials, I'm a wado-ryu practitioner. How about you, do you still train with the same club? (I managed to leave and then go back after uni)

WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN.

MY SHORT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hahahah! That is what I get for assuming. I actually teach for a living, and have been for the last 10 years. My main disciplines are actually Taekwondo and Hapkido, but I have a voracious appetite for all things martial arts and have spent the lat several years dabbling in karate. It would not be fair to call me a serious practioner of it though. I research it, and have done some small amount of training in both Shotokan and PGN-Ryu, but that is about it. I am familiar with Wado in passing, but I can't say I have ever had the pleasure of actually seeing it up close.

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Archived