Forums are back in action! ×

Nobody told me there were introductions!

Hey everyone.  The first thing you've probably learned about me is that I'm horrible at coming up with titles for posts, and that I can never think of anything to say about myself.  Regardless, here goes!

I'm 25 years old, and predominately a stay at home mom.  I work a few nights a week watching other peoples kids, which makes getting a proper amount of sleep difficult as sometimes I work until 2 am.  

I'm just starting out with weight loss and fitness.  I'm currently 250, and I'd like to lose at least a hundred pounds.  I struggle with finding a form of exercise that I enjoy.  In high school I started taking accounting and a bit of computer programming.  That combined with a lack of willpower at the vending machine started to shoot my weight up.  It got worse during my pregnancy with my daughter.  My husband and I want to have another child, so we're starting now to try to be healthier.  

I'm currently starting to transition (slowly, haha) to paleo.  My husband is on board with it, so that's a big plus.  My husband is butcher, so we get a lot of decently priced and free meat.

That's about all I can think of.  In terms of race/class on here, I supposed I'd probably be somewhere between hobbit and human (I'm 5'4"), and as for class to work toward, Ranger.  I'm sure you'll all learn strange things about me as time goes on.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Anya

Anyalynn, Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 8 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 3.75 ~ CON 3.8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

"The death of fear is in doing what you fear to do." - Sequichie Comingdeer

Vocatu atque non vocatus deos aderit.

Welcome!

I just started into Paleo in May, and I love it -- it's been the thing I needed to get the weight off. That and exercise, of course...

About exercise ... here's some questions to ask yourself:

What playtime activities did you really like to do when you were a child? The ones you could do for hours and your parents had to drag you away from.

What did you want to be when you grew up when you were in elementary school? You can find activity clues there.

What have you always wanted to try?

Think about it for a while and make a list, then pick what sounds the most fun. For me, if it's not very fun I won't do it very long, not more than a challenge or so.

For example, I really like to dance, and I've always wanted to try salsa dancing, so I'm taking salsa lessons.

The beauty of it is that even if it turns out you don't like it, you've been doing something that moves your body, and that will help get you healthier.

Anduril, level 3 human adventurer

(ranger wannabe)
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 6.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Intro thread | Daily Journal
Top weight 211, currently 184, goal weight 150 (5' 8-1/2")

Life has no remote; you have to get up and change it yourself.

Changing your eating habits is the way to get started; its fine that you're moving into paleo slowly.  It's a long journey, but you've started it, and that's the important part.  Here's a thread you might find interesting; there's some great folks on it.  There's about 3 weeks left to go on the current challenge, but join anyway!  Just treat it as a warm up.  There are plenty of goals you can get started on in 3 weeks.  You could cut a particularly troublesome item out of your diet.  You could start walking a mile every day.  Welcome to the rebellion.  If you have a question...ask away! 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks, all!

Anduril, that's good advice.  I mainly enjoyed cycling, which is tough to do in the winter here (yay Canada) but I could probably work something out!  If it's important enough, I'll do it, right?!

Thanks for that link, Laureleye!  I'll check it out.  We are actually cutting pasta and the majority of breads out right now.  :D  

Anyalynn, Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 8 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 3.75 ~ CON 3.8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

"The death of fear is in doing what you fear to do." - Sequichie Comingdeer

Vocatu atque non vocatus deos aderit.

A mountain bike with good tread might work on the flat in snow and ice ... you'd have to choose your route carefully.

I know they bike a lot in Scandinavian countries, I saw a video of that several years ago ... but I don't know what kind of bikes/tires they use.

Anduril, level 3 human adventurer

(ranger wannabe)
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 6.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Intro thread | Daily Journal
Top weight 211, currently 184, goal weight 150 (5' 8-1/2")

Life has no remote; you have to get up and change it yourself.

Archived