Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy fellow fitness nerds!

What to say? I am new to this whole nerd fitness thing and really may have never come across it, if it weren't for my boyfriend, who also recently joined. But, a little about me? I am a goofy 29 year old Preschool Teacher from WA, that being said I am super goofy and can be a little crazy at times (Hey, it comes with the territory). I have always, ALWAYS, been pretty big. But, lately, like someone else recently posted, I look back on pictures where I thought, or knew that I was too fat, but I find myself thinking, what I would do to go back to that weight. Nearly 5 years ago, I had an accident and broke my tibia and fibula both in half, so for over a year, I wasn't even allowed to bear my own weight let alone think about working out. Now it is fully healed, but I still have some pain and swelling. I'm a human barometer, what can I say?

About 6 months ago, I started really going to the gym and working out, I paid an insane amount of money for a personal trainer, who I got really buddy-buddy with. She ended up getting let go, due to some unethical practices, and when she got fired, I lost a lot of my motivation, and thus quit going to the gym. I also managed to do something to that broken leg I was talking about earlier. It doesn't hurt, but the outside half of my foot and toes are completely numb and have been for the last six months. But as of today, my boyfriend and I went back and acctivated our memberships at the gym. I am Pumped!! I loved the feeling I had when I was working out. I had so much more energy. Unfortunately last time, we were working out hard, and doing great at the gym, problem was that we would go home and order pizza or some horribly bad for you food.

I am ready to get this shit in gear. I have been reading Mark Sisson's book "Primal Blueprint" and I think he has a lot of good insight and validity to what he is writing. I did do the primal thing for like a week straight until my boyfriend and I decided to give into temptation and it just went to hell from there. But we now have good groceries in the house and I plan on spending a decent amount of time tomorrow planning some primal meals for the week, so that I have it. If it is there and ready to go, I will be more likely to eat that rather than stop and get something horrible, so I don't let it go to waste.

Long story short, I need a lifestyle change, which will start first thing when I wake up. When I went to the gym today, I decided to slip into the locker room and use the scale, since it's been six months or so since I weighed myself. As soon as I did, I turned into an uber bitch, because I was so mad at myself. I reached the highest weight of my life. I am now sitting at 312. (Gasp, I just told someone, lots of someones my real weight.)

My goals for the week:

1. Prep and plan for food so that I am not tempted to stop and get some form of junk.

2. Drink my water rather than Diet Crack, ahem, I mean coke and coffee.

3. Don't voice what I would rather be eatting, because that plays devil's advocate to my boyfriend, and then he can maybe do the same thing? hint hint

4. Get my ass in the gym and move, so that I can get my butt in gear and not waste money on a membership that I am not using.

post-13020-0-73332100-1359269529_thumb.j

Here's to kicking some ass!

Dimpley

Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 0  STA:1  CON: 4 WIS: 4  CHA:4

Hi Dimpley :)

Welcome to the Rebellion!

It's great that you decided to take stepts towards a healthier life! Just remember that it takes time, and STICKIN to it is the most important part. Your weekly goals look very good, do you also have some longtime goals? What do you want to accomplish with this? Why are you doing this? Why now? 

I wish you the best of luck with accomplishing your goals! Everyone here is really kind and supportive of each other, so I hope you have a good time here!

Btw you're missing a Dexterity stat on you character :P

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Archived